Programming Crew!

Okay then that makes sense to use VS. So the application you are developing is to be used only on MS Platform or you are planing to run it on Solaris, Mac, Linux, BSD, etc? As that is what I usually do before choosing what C++ Compiler.

But again that is me with my need for my applications to be portable to other platforms, with less or not alterations to the source code. All the best, I have never used the MS C++ compiler. I tried the Borland compiler once and I could not get the sockets to work properly so I reverted back to the GNU compiler that comes with most Linux distribution.

currently, I plan on using MS platform. I have never use GNU Compiler that comes with Linux distribution, can you provide me with more info with regards to GNU compiler?

See the attached book on algorithims and Data structures

Attachments

• algorithms-data-structures-and-problem.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
Basically, The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, and Ada, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...).

MORE: GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

I did data structures in 2004 using C++. Please let me know if I can be of use. If you have Linux on your box then most probably you have the compiler.

If you have a specific question to a structure or an algorithm please post it here and we will tackle together. I may need a one or two problem to get up to speed.

Let have fun hacking.

Basically, The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, and Ada, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...).

MORE: GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

I did data structures in 2004 using C++. Please let me know if I can be of use. If you have Linux on your box then most probably you have the compiler.

If you have a specific question to a structure or an algorithm please post it here and we will tackle together. I may need a one or two problem to get up to speed.

Let have fun hacking.

Thanks mkuu, Tutashirikiana kuhakikisha huu mradi unakamilika vizuri. Nina SuSE Linux kwenye laptop yangu lakini kwa bahati mbaya inatatizo la power supply kwa hiyo sasa hivi natumia Desktop ambayo haina Linux.

Nitakuwa na post problems ambazo nitakuwa nazipata wakati naenedelea na hii project. Nimeamua kuto tumia VB.Net , nitatumia C++ kukamilisha hii project.

Please advice me, Nime-download hii compiler ili nicheki nayo napata hiyo error, msaada please. see the attached

Attachments

• Visual MinGW.JPG
    Visual MinGW.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
It looks like they stop bundling the IDE with the MinGW. But now worries! Here is what I did.

NOTE: There could be an easier way to do this, but I have not used MS Windows in years, so bare with me.

Installing the MinGW compiler

1. Download the MinGW Installer
  2. Run the Installer
  3. Dialog 1: Select Download and Install, then Next
  4. Dialog 2: Read the License Agreement, then Next
  5. Dialog 3: Package Selection: Select the Current Package, then Next
  6. Dialog 4: Components Selection: Select g++, Objective C Compiler and MinGW Make. You can select all of them for testing, WARNING: If you already have Sun Java SDK then do not select Java Compiler. Then Next
  7. Dialog 5: Installation Location: This can be anything of your choosing but leave it as it is C:\MinGW if you really do not have a good reason not to have it there. The Next
  8. Dialog 6: Start Menu Folder: Change it if as you wish or leave it as it is .Then Install
  9. It will download and install the Compiler. WARNING: if you take too long before reaching the Install step it may have terminated your connection so just cancel and start again but a little faster this time.
  10. Then Next, and then Finish.
That is all there is to installing the compiler itself.

Environment variables setting to access the compiler.

This is done so that all applications needing the compiler can access it without specify the full pass to the compiler.

1. Right click on My Computer, then Properties
  2. Select the Advanced Tab, then click the Environment Variables
  3. On Environment variables Dialog: Under the System Variables, scroll to the variable called Path and double click on it
  4. Append its value to include the path to bin folder of the MinGW compiler. WARNING: Please not do not delete what is there already, just add the MinGW at the end of that line. See below for a step by step of the appending. Here is my original value of the Path variable: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\. Now go to the end and add a semi-colon,;, then the path to the MinGW bin folder, C:\MinGW\bin\. Here is my appended value %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\MinGW\bin\
  5. Then OK and then OK
  6. Test by starting you command prompt (Start->Run->type cmd->OK), and on the console or terminal type: g++ then press Enter. If the configuration is correct then you should get a messages saying: g++: no input file, otherwise you have missed something there.
That should do it.

I tried it on a SciTE.

SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs. It is best used for jobs with simple configurations - I use it for building test and demonstration programs as well as SciTE and Scintilla, themselves.
Installing SciTE.

1. Download SciTE
  2. Unzip the packaged file,
  3. Start the SciTE in the wscite folder created a unziping
  4. The start coding. To Compile: Tools->Compile or Ctrl +F7. To Run: Tools->Go or Ctrl + F5
Have fun.

Attachments

• MinGW.jpg
    MinGW.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Mhhh..... Wengi wanasema C++ inaboa lakini la kushangaza mimi nilijifundisha mwenyewe through readeing books when I was in form 2 ( And yes am a nerd ) . Its a gud language if u want to knw how a Pc realy works .

Mhhh..... Wengi wanasema C++ inaboa lakini la kushangaza mimi nilijifundisha mwenyewe through readeing books when I was in form 2 ( And yes am a nerd ) . Its a gud language if u want to knw how a Pc realy works .

Mkuu nipe siri mi sifahamu lolote kuhusu haya ila nina moyo wa kujifunza!

Mwafrika, I agree with oran, in saying that you can teach yourself C++. I am not sure there is really a secret its a questions of determination and the need to learn the language. I know more than a dozen of languages, and learn more as the need arise.

Here is my advise, learn one language and really master the concepts of programing then move to the next language and see that what changes is the syntax,mostly, and not the concept, except when you move from [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_programming"]Functional programming[/ame] to [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_programming"]Procedural programming[/ame]. If you have really mastered the iteration in Pascal, then doing it in Java its a question of syntax.

If I may, let me tell how I have come to learn more than dozen languages. At high school, I did Pascal as a language on the syllabus. And I really enjoyed Pascal as an introductory language. The I did my finally high school project in Visual Basic 6. That was even more fun as I was introduce to database using MS Access. Then C++ came along and I started learning to adopt to different syntax and manage all pointers,memory and all that comes with C++. Off course each of these languages, in as much as they call them general purpose languages, were written to address a specific area. Like COBOL was written for business. For me Java is one of those languages that were sweet. After doing data structure, design patterns and developed one images editor on C++ (with Qt) I met segmentation fault, what I call the C++ worse nightmare, I liked Java as some of my worries I had in C++ where gone. But again I had to worry about the virtual machine and of course lost the C++ speedy execution. But as time went on and I needed to developed online apps, I was forced to learn JSP, PHP,Ruby and ASP/ASP.Net, which I amlost do not use now, . And these needs never end, never shall the need of me learning

Mwafrika, its not always about the need but at times if a languages sounds interesting and you want to know it. At times that is the only thing that takes me to a language. It sounds interesting. Let me explain, last week I was browsing the net and I saw a video on titled Scala, Java of the future. And that was enough to get me interested and I have been on that language, like a baby on sugar.

So master one language and use that as a foundation to learn other languages. That is what I would say has been my secret.

Nimekupata feruzi:
Nishamaliza Excel Bible 2003 na sasa ninasoma Access Bible 2003 nikimaliza nitaanza programming languages rasmi!sasa unaweza kunishauri nianze na kitabu kipî na language ipi hasa!

The farmer,oran,emannuel and others.please,can we share the ideas.Iam just reviewing java and python but am not very expert please can we share experience?

if you are really a programmer you shouldn't proud yourself hating C & C++....if that then don't call yourself Computer geeks at all......by the way among the most simplest and interesting languages of computer these are.....Coming soon, I will release My application for "Hospital Management System" which i previously did it in vb6 but now I wanted to make more stable using C, C++ and Java all in one.
In short this application will be able to run in Windows and Linux since I have written it in Linux platform.....So I hope Guys it will help you to discover the importance of C,C++
ningependa kuziona code za VB6 pls...

From me, I say those that wants to learn lets come out with the language and what we want to learn and I can set up and online class and we can take it from there. What do others think of this idea? Is it good or bad?

From me, I say those that wants to learn lets come out with the language and what we want to learn and I can set up and online class and we can take it from there. What do others think of this idea? Is it good or bad?

Imekaa vizuri naona tuanze na Visual Basic mi niko tayari

WanaJamii, mimi naweza wafundisha C/C++, Java or Python for beginners. If we agree to go a Microsoft Languages, I will be a contributor but not instructor, I have not worked with them in a long while.

I have been working on set up the class on TLSchool and its almost there.

See it at Tri Labs School

WanaJamii, mimi naweza wafundisha C/C++, Java or Python for beginners. If we agree to go a Microsoft Languages, I will be a contributor but not instructor, I have not worked with them in a long while.

I have been working on set up the class on TLSchool and its almost there.

See it at Tri Labs School

Tuta ku-support kwenye kufanikisha hili, mimi binafsi nina ebooks kwenye hiyo proporsed programs, I can provide if the need might arise..

Those that want to join, please send me your First and and last surname and you email address and I will create your accounts and send you the details. IF you want to be an instructor let me know and I will upgrade your account.

Vile vile kwa wanaopenda kujifunza programming language mbalimbali wanaweza kupata video tutorials kwenye youtube.Kuna video lectures nyingi,ni wewe tu nguvu yako.

C++ for me is my language of choice when it come to programing,I love it more than any other Languages,I think It depends and where you first start your programming and who the lecture was and what methodology of teaching used, I like java alot but not as much as c++.Everyone as his or her own way of understanding,you mighty find C++ very challenging but someone mighty find it just as a piece of cake,when it comes to books as well you mighty find one book is your favorite but when someone reads it finds not that much interested or understandable.

Back
Top Bottom