Professor Emeritus - UDSM

1. labda mabele kadeliva kabrasha la kilimo kwanza
2. webu ya ud iko juu, prospektasi inapatikana online
3. vigezo vya ud vinatisha ndio maana emeritus 1 tu.

Ubingwa wa kwenye makaratasi tu.....zaidi ya hapo hana tofauti na Miafrika mingine kama mimi na labda wewe (maana sijui kama wewe ni liafrika kama mimi)

Nyani Ngabu:

You real made my day:

Hii definition yako ya Prof Emeritus does not need any review at least in the next 25 years to come!

Kichuguu kama kigezo kikuu kingekuwa ni kustaafu basi UDSM ingekuwa na maprofesa emeritasi wengi tu - hebu cheki vigezo hifi vinavyotumika huko SRU:

Eligibility
Upon retirement from the university, faculty members who meet the criteria for selection may be considered for emeriti designation. Other professional staff, may under exceptional circumstances, be recommended to emeritus status.
Recommendation
Faculty- Proposals for emeriti designation must be initiated by a faculty member, or other appropriate group and forwarded by the department’s chairperson. The department proposal with recommendations, including the candidate’s current vita, will be submitted for evaluation and recommendation to the appropriate Dean and then the Provost. Final approval is granted from the President.

Administrator- Proposals for emeriti designation must be initiated by division/department colleagues and submitted through his or her immediate supervisor. The proposal including the candidate’s current vita will be submitted for evaluation and recommendation to the appropriate Vice President. Final approval is granted from the President.

*The title Professor Emeritus may, upon approval of the President, be conferred upon any person who on retirement has not attained the minimum of 10 years of service if it is determined that he or she has made outstanding contributions to the university in either the field of scholarship or public service

Criteria

Faculty must have:
1. Retired.
2. Shown excellence in teaching or administration.
3. Provided a minimum of 10 years of service to Slippery Rock University.
4. Completed a minimum of 25 years of service to the profession of education.
5. Produced scholarly publication(s) and research.
6. Offered service to the university, the community, and professional discipline.Shall be based upon length of
association with, and degree of contribution to his or her department, division or university.

Professional staff:
Shall be based upon length of association with, and degree of contribution to his or her department, division or university.
Privileges Granted Emeriti
The privilege to carry out the responsibilities of emeriti are subject to the collective bargaining agreement, and any legal and/or State System of Higher Education and/or university restrictions. In addition, Emeriti receive:
• Assigned office space for research, if available.
• Access to local retirement benefits administration.
• Listing with the faculty in the university catalogues and other appropriate publications.
• Receipt of special campus publications, announcements, and event invitations, as determined by the President.
• Invitations to participate in public ceremonies, commencement, processions, and convocation.
• Participation in appropriate campus seminars, colloquia, lectures, ad hoc committees, and other scholarly pursuits.
• Opportunity to serve in a volunteer capacity in accordance with Board of Governors Policy 1991-04.
• Use of university recreational/social facilities in accordance with university policy.
• Library privileges.

Revised September 2008.

Professor Emeritus

Yaani kama hizo ndo criteria za kuitwa Prof. Emeritus basi pale Mlimani wapo wa kutosha. (i must admit sikujua maana ya Prof. emeritus thinking kuwa in American equivalent of distinguished prof.). Kwa faculty of Law UDSM nawaona wa kutosha: Kanywanywi, Mwaikusa (R.I.P), Fimbo, Costa Ricky Mahalu, Shivji, Yash Pal Ghai, Prof. R.W. James.

Yaani kama hizo ndo criteria za kuitwa Prof. Emeritus basi pale Mlimani wapo wa kutosha. (i must admit sikujua maana ya Prof. emeritus thinking kuwa in American equivalent of distinguished prof.). Kwa faculty of Law UDSM nawaona wa kutosha: Kanywanywi, Mwaikusa (R.I.P), Fimbo, Costa Ricky Mahalu, Shivji, Yash Pal Ghai, Prof. R.W. James.

Kanywanyi - probably
Costa Mahalu - hell to the no (fisadi atakuwaje prof. emeritus?). Kwanza muda mwingi hajatumia kufundisha darasani.
Mwaikusa - not yet
Chris Maina Peter - probably
Hao wengine I have no idea

Back
Top Bottom