SoC01 Over the counter medication

Stories of Change - 2021 Competition

Eli-Ukende

Sep 13, 2021
My name is OTC. I am over the counter drug. I live in every street. I live in town and I live in villages. I live in urban areas and I live in rural areas. I am easily accessed but not frequently taken. I am considered safe and effective for use by the general public without special authorization. I possess an acceptable safety margin. I am lowly misused and abused potentially under conditions of widespread availability. I have adequate information just by reading me from outside. In addition, consumers must be able to self-diagnose skills, self-select medication, self-treat, and self-manage the condition for which I OTC am intended.

You can name me non-prescription drug. That’s OK! You see I have my close relative known as Prescription drug. He requires authorization by a licensed practitioner before he may be provided to the public.

Here is more about my brother. He is that kind intended for use by the public and, because of how to toxic he is or other potentiality for harmful effect, or the method to use him or collateral measures necessary to its use, is not safe for use except under the supervision of a practitioner licensed by the law to administer him, or he is that kind that is limited by Regulatory Authorities approved application for use only under the professional supervision of a practitioner licensed by law to administer his kind. So he is this vital you know.
jf5p1.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGrzQZBV9zPsTBfYajwoeg5DU8bPfJCCEuUg&usqp=CAU

jf5p2.jpg

source;Resultat av Googles bildsökning efter https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-20147d6e701767efbc6fe1a54b83d43b

One important regulatory distinction between mine and my brother’s products involves the requirement for adequate directions foe use. You see all of us must possess labeling around our bodies that bears adequate directions for use. However, my brother by his features requires the intervention of a licensed healthcare professional.

Since he requires the intervention of a health care professional, he is also named as learned intermediary, adequate directions for use for me, OTC should not include those uses which require a prescription.

Well, in my community, we have something known as professional labeling. It refers to labeling that is allowed under specific conditions in my OTC monograph process. In brief professional labeling is labeling that provides specific information to the health professionals for uses not included in my labeling. Some of my monographs explicitly permit professional labeling. When professional labeling is permitted, it can be provided solely to healthcare professionals. In addition, products themselves must be me, OTC monograph compliant and should not have the professional labeling or any representations or claims for the professional use directly on the consumer-directed labeling.

Now let’s conditions which I can treat. Well, I can treat minor aches, fever, diarrhea, cold symptoms, sore throats and allergies. Some of my pills and liquids contain multiple medications. It is important to read on my every fine print on the label to know exactly what ingredients are within my product.
jf5p4.jpg

source;https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuE-IFA7U1wZvRhNIyeWgs_l7J8wy5ulg7iw&usqp=CAU

You can be asking yourself by now? Am I, OTC dangerous? Even though I am easily accessible I may cause significant side effects. I can sometimes interact with my brother prescription medicines and cause harm. Some of my products can cause organ damage if taken in amounts greater than recommended. I will tell you of my most famous product. Some name my product Panadol, some paracetamol, some name acetaminophen and many other names. Paracetamol may cause liver failure.

Before taking any OTC medication or dietary supplements read the label especially the dosage, frequency and precautions sections. If you have any questions or concerns in regard the use of any of my products medication or dietary supplement, contact a medical health care practitioner of your pharmacist for clarification.
jf5p3.jpg

source;Omdirigeringsmeddelande

I would like to share with you some of medicine a little bit for you to have a light.

My medications to help you with pain and fever are;

• Paracetamol
  • Ibuprofen
  • Aspirin
As for the common cold, since most people with viral illness generally recover in approximately 7 to 14 days. Treatment is focused on symptom control. And symptoms for common cold are runny nose, stuffiness, possibly sore throat and hoarseness. We can speak of flu which has more systemic symptoms such as fever, chills, coughs, and muscle/body aches.

Now in all these, I include herbal remedies which may be of benefit in controlling symptoms but cannot cure cold; instead I can potentially minimize the symptoms that cause people to suffer. And my herbs have been used for centuries in helping relieve cold symptoms but scientific studies have not yet proven my effectiveness. While herbal remedies may be of benefit to some people, it is important to remember that they are not harmless and interact with prescription medicines. Your pharmacist of health care practitioner can give advice as to the safety of a specific treatment plan. Drugstore and grocery shelves are lined with numerous types of drugs used to treat the symptoms of cold.

My medication to help you with cough are as follows; menthol is the main ingredient in most of my cough products.

Dextromethorphan is one of my product to help you control cough. It is usually found as one of many ingredients in cough syrups and cold medications.

My medication to help you with head and sinus congestion are simply decongestants. They come in either pill or liquid form. May I remind you it is important to read the ingredient list since many preparations contain multiple medications. My products have warning labels that discuss their side effects. These decongestant can either be oral or nasal.

My medications can also help you in sore throat, headache, earache, and body aches, sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes. Also I can help you in constipation, upset stomach, diarrhea, itch and allergies, lack of sleep so many other conditions.

All of these medicines can be sold to you directly to a consumer without a prescription form. Some of my drugs can be legally classified under my name OTC but may only be dispensed by a pharmacist after an assessment of your need or education provision.

Generally, I have to be used primarily to treat a condition that does not require the supervision of a doctor and must be proven to be reasonably safe and well tolerated.

Over the time often 3-6years if my brother’s product proves himself safe and appropriate as prescription medicine, they may switch his products to become mine in the market.

It is somewhat unusual for my product to be withdrawn from the market as a result of safety concerns, rather than market forces, though it does happen occasionally.

Before I walk away, I would like to thank you for an opportunity to present myself before you. I hope I have given you sufficient information about me. If you have any question kindly visit your pharmacist for clarification. Prefer me but handle me with care. Below are two videos with some important and already above discussed information about me the OTC

here are two videos downloaded from YouTube i would like to share with you about OTC.

My name is OTC. I am over the counter drug. I live in every street. I live in town and I live in villages. I live in urban areas and I live in rural areas. I am easily accessed but not frequently taken. I am considered safe and effective for use by the general public without special authorization. I possess an acceptable safety margin. I am lowly misused and abused potentially under conditions of widespread availability. I have adequate information just by reading me from outside. In addition, consumers must be able to self-diagnose skills, self-select medication, self-treat, and self-manage the condition for which I OTC am intended.

You can name me non-prescription drug. That’s OK! You see I have my close relative known as Prescription drug. He requires authorization by a licensed practitioner before he may be provided to the public.

Here is more about my brother. He is that kind intended for use by the public and, because of how to toxic he is or other potentiality for harmful effect, or the method to use him or collateral measures necessary to its use, is not safe for use except under the supervision of a practitioner licensed by the law to administer him, or he is that kind that is limited by Regulatory Authorities approved application for use only under the professional supervision of a practitioner licensed by law to administer his kind. So he is this vital you know.
View attachment 1956837

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGrzQZBV9zPsTBfYajwoeg5DU8bPfJCCEuUg&usqp=CAU

View attachment 1956834

source;Resultat av Googles bildsökning efter https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-20147d6e701767efbc6fe1a54b83d43b

One important regulatory distinction between mine and my brother’s products involves the requirement for adequate directions foe use. You see all of us must possess labeling around our bodies that bears adequate directions for use. However, my brother by his features requires the intervention of a licensed healthcare professional.

Since he requires the intervention of a health care professional, he is also named as learned intermediary, adequate directions for use for me, OTC should not include those uses which require a prescription.

Well, in my community, we have something known as professional labeling. It refers to labeling that is allowed under specific conditions in my OTC monograph process. In brief professional labeling is labeling that provides specific information to the health professionals for uses not included in my labeling. Some of my monographs explicitly permit professional labeling. When professional labeling is permitted, it can be provided solely to healthcare professionals. In addition, products themselves must be me, OTC monograph compliant and should not have the professional labeling or any representations or claims for the professional use directly on the consumer-directed labeling.

Now let’s conditions which I can treat. Well, I can treat minor aches, fever, diarrhea, cold symptoms, sore throats and allergies. Some of my pills and liquids contain multiple medications. It is important to read on my every fine print on the label to know exactly what ingredients are within my product.
View attachment 1956838
source;https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuE-IFA7U1wZvRhNIyeWgs_l7J8wy5ulg7iw&usqp=CAU

You can be asking yourself by now? Am I, OTC dangerous? Even though I am easily accessible I may cause significant side effects. I can sometimes interact with my brother prescription medicines and cause harm. Some of my products can cause organ damage if taken in amounts greater than recommended. I will tell you of my most famous product. Some name my product Panadol, some paracetamol, some name acetaminophen and many other names. Paracetamol may cause liver failure.

Before taking any OTC medication or dietary supplements read the label especially the dosage, frequency and precautions sections. If you have any questions or concerns in regard the use of any of my products medication or dietary supplement, contact a medical health care practitioner of your pharmacist for clarification.
View attachment 1956833

I would like to share with you some of medicine a little bit for you to have a light.

• Paracetamol
  • Ibuprofen
  • Aspirin
As for the common cold, since most people with viral illness generally recover in approximately 7 to 14 days. Treatment is focused on symptom control. And symptoms for common cold are runny nose, stuffiness, possibly sore throat and hoarseness. We can speak of flu which has more systemic symptoms such as fever, chills, coughs, and muscle/body aches.

Now in all these, I include herbal remedies which may be of benefit in controlling symptoms but cannot cure cold; instead I can potentially minimize the symptoms that cause people to suffer. And my herbs have been used for centuries in helping relieve cold symptoms but scientific studies have not yet proven my effectiveness. While herbal remedies may be of benefit to some people, it is important to remember that they are not harmless and interact with prescription medicines. Your pharmacist of health care practitioner can give advice as to the safety of a specific treatment plan. Drugstore and grocery shelves are lined with numerous types of drugs used to treat the symptoms of cold.

My medication to help you with cough are as follows; menthol is the main ingredient in most of my cough products.

Dextromethorphan is one of my product to help you control cough. It is usually found as one of many ingredients in cough syrups and cold medications.

My medication to help you with head and sinus congestion are simply decongestants. They come in either pill or liquid form. May I remind you it is important to read the ingredient list since many preparations contain multiple medications. My products have warning labels that discuss their side effects. These decongestant can either be oral or nasal.

My medications can also help you in sore throat, headache, earache, and body aches, sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes. Also I can help you in constipation, upset stomach, diarrhea, itch and allergies, lack of sleep so many other conditions.

All of these medicines can be sold to you directly to a consumer without a prescription form. Some of my drugs can be legally classified under my name OTC but may only be dispensed by a pharmacist after an assessment of your need or education provision.

Generally, I have to be used primarily to treat a condition that does not require the supervision of a doctor and must be proven to be reasonably safe and well tolerated.

Over the time often 3-6years if my brother’s product proves himself safe and appropriate as prescription medicine, they may switch his products to become mine in the market.

It is somewhat unusual for my product to be withdrawn from the market as a result of safety concerns, rather than market forces, though it does happen occasionally.

Before I walk away, I would like to thank you for an opportunity to present myself before you. I hope I have given you sufficient information about me. If you have any question kindly visit your pharmacist for clarification. Prefer me but handle me with care. Below are two videos with some important and already above discussed information about me the OTC

here are two videos downloaded from YouTube i would like to share with you about OTC.
View attachment 1956868View attachment 1956879
Thank you for sharing

View attachment 1956837

View attachment 1956834

View attachment 1956838

View attachment 1956833

• Paracetamol
  • Ibuprofen
  • Aspirin

View attachment 1956868View attachment 1956879
A pharmacist right?

Back
Top Bottom