NIMR discovers traditional AIDS medicine

Heading na habari vitu viwili tofauti. I was suprised to see the heading bcoz being a researcher i am affiliated wit nimr and know dr malebo and he mentioned nothin of the sort. That aids "drug" hasn't even entered phase 2 clinical trials and due to lack of equipment a proper scientific study of its active component has yet to be established.

Alafu hilini jukwaa la siasa, tunajadili issues za kisiasa tu.
Msituaribie jukwaa bana.

safi sana, mi mwenyewe nahisi hakuna ukweli. but it helps kujipambanisha na wazungu kwa vyombo vya habari badala ya ugunduzi

Sharon Sauwa

The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) has discovered a traditional medicine that checks the reproduction of HIV/Aids and treats opportunistic diseases within 14 days.
Explaining on the institute's discovery to reporters during the ‘Nane Nane' exhibition in Dodoma yesterday, NIMR researcher Dr Hamis Malebo said their research started 10 years ago in collaboration with traditional herbalists, doctors from Tanzania, South Africa and The Netherlands.
"As for now, we are checking if the medicine can treat or control HIV/Aids infection," Dr Malebo said.
The researcher explained a research expected to be completed in three years to come and already, 72 people living with HIV/Aids from Tanga Region and 10 from Ngongokale Village in Arusha Region had been using the medicine and had proved to be improving greatly.
"This medicine has responded positively to users. It is increasing the number of CD4's to people living with HIV/Aids," he said, adding that people using it, did not show any signs of body weaknesses.
He said the institute had also discovered a medicine for malaria treatment for four days and a medicine to treat stomach swelling for women and hernia for men without being operated.
He explained that as for women, about 20 of them were healed without being operated and were able to have children.
He said stomach swelling, which has been a big problem to women in the country, caused the majority of them fail to give birth and had been causing acute pains especially during menstruation cycles.
Dr Malebo noted that the research was waiting a go-ahead from the Tanzania Food and Drugs Authority for the medicine to be kept in form of tablets and be distributed countrywide for use.
The researcher, however, said regardless of a great job done by the institute, there were many challenges to be met including lack of modern laboratories for research and a shortage of researchers.
"We have fewer researchers. We need more of them," he said.
Dr Malebo said traditional herbalists were also facing challenges like lack of interest for industries to manufacture the discovered traditional medicines, availability of funds for research and lack of experts.

Jamani

Ugunduzi mkubwa huu unakwenda kuwekwa kwenye maonyesho ya nane nane!!!

Inanipa shida kuamini nilichokisoma hapa, ina maana Tanzania hatuna regulatory bodies?

Clinical trials zimefanyika wapi (Phases 1-4)? kuona kama hizi dawa za mitishamba hazina madhara mengine ?

Good start NIMR

halafu atakuja mtu kulalamika kwamba uvumbuzi
wake "umeibiwa". hata hivyo kama uvumbuzi huu
ni kweli basi wanastahili pongezi na msaada wa hali na mali
kwani "tunapuputika" wajameni.

Ndugu zangu hamna ugunduzi wowote hapa. NIMR ninavyowafahamu mimi ni just a bunch of opportunistic fellows wanaodandia vitu, and there is no viable focused research going on there! Believe me, that place should better be under the Faculty of Ass and Social Sciences of the University of Dar es salaam or something of that sort! There is no medical research going on there, and I can bet my neck on that. I repeat, those fellows don't do ANY sort of medical research! There is only a handful that have research experience and skills, but these too have all turned opportunistic and are doing something almost similar to sociological research but not quite. I expected a medical research institute to invest in issues related to medical/clinical practice, but this function has literally been left to the hospitals, and these NIMR guys are busy with questionnaire surveys not on anything clinical, but on knowledge, attitude, behavior and practices, on gender, on human resources (of all things), on policies (not drug policies mind you), on poverty etc etc. I mean it is a blah blah place! Search the internet for publications from the NIMR people and you will be frustrated!

The money that goes to the NIMR for 'research' should better go to the Institute of Kiswahili Research or even to Prof Mukandara's REDET, I am sure those people will put it into better use than those sociologists and frustrated opportunistic pseudomedics disguising themselves as 'medical researchers'. Disgusting!

Ndugu zangu hamna ugunduzi wowote hapa. NIMR ninavyowafahamu mimi ni just a bunch of opportunistic fellows wanaodandia vitu, and there is no viable focused research going on there! Believe me, that place should better be under the Faculty of Ass and Social Sciences of the University of Dar es salaam or something of that sort! There is no medical research going on there, and I can bet my neck on that. I repeat, those fellows don't do ANY sort of medical research! There is only a handful that have research experience and skills, but these too have all turned opportunistic and are doing something almost similar to sociological research but not quite. I expected a medical research institute to invest in issues related to medical/clinical practice, but this function has literally been left to the hospitals, and these NIMR guys are busy with questionnaire surveys not on anything clinical, but on knowledge, attitude, behavior and practices, on gender, on human resources (of all things), on policies (not drug policies mind you), on poverty etc etc. I mean it is a blah blah place! Search the internet for publications from the NIMR people and you will be frustrated!

The money that goes to the NIMR for 'research' should better go to the Institute of Kiswahili Research or even to Prof Mukandara's REDET, I am sure those people will put it into better use than those sociologists and frustrated opportunistic pseudomedics disguising themselves as 'medical researchers'. Disgusting!

Looks like NIMR should be dissolved if this is the situation. I hope this is nothing speculative or personal. But may be this is like all other institutions, what are they doing? the Kiswahili Research thing or REDET, are they doing anything tangible themselves?

huyu ndugu kamaliza mambo yote yapasayo kusemwa juu ya NIMR. It's a hopeless institue as far as medical research is concerned

unankumbusha mshikaji wangu pale mbeya wako wanakula dla ya mradi,kitambi kuuuubwa na kilaji pale kwa mama john,NIMR ni usanii mtupu,kule ni maslahi tu,na kweli wananeemeka!

Jaman niliwah kupata kaz pale ya mda wa siku 90 kufanya utaft wakuanzisha vyuo vyakufundisha wauguz wa wamama wajawazto niusanii wakupndukia utakuta kila siku wa2 mnakaa kupanga mikakat yajins yakujilipa posho mpaka mhakikishe kilicho tengwa kimekwisha

Back
Top Bottom