TANZIA Mwanariadha Kelvin Kiptum afariki dunia

Teknocrat

JF-Expert Member
Oct 20, 2018
Mwanariadha Kelvin Kiptum aliyevunja rekodi ya mbio za Marathon duniani hivi karibuni mwaka jana 2023, afariki dunia kwa ajali ya gari.
R.I.P

1707693484963.png

World marathon record holder and London Marathon winner Kelvin Kiptum and his coach have died in a car crash, Kenya's former prime minister has said.

The 24-year-old won the London Marathon last year.

His coach was also killed in the crash, Kenyan runner Milcah Chemos said, who went to the hospital where the bodies were taken.

The crash happened on a road between two towns in western Kenya, she said, in a high-altitude region renowned as a training base for long distance runners.

Kenya's former prime minister Raila Odinga said on X: "Devastating news as we mourn the loss of a remarkable individual, Kelvin Kiptum, World Record holder and Kenyan athletics icon. Together with his coach, they tragically passed on in an accident tonight.

"My deepest condolences to his loved ones, friends, and the entire athletics fraternity.

"Our nation grieves the profound loss of a true hero."

World Athletics president Sebastian Coe tweeted: "We are shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the devastating loss of Kelvin Kiptum and his coach, Gervais Hakizimana.

"On behalf of all World Athletics we send our deepest condolences to their families, friends, teammates and the Kenyan nation."

"It was only earlier this week in Chicago, the place where Kelvin set his extraordinary marathon World Record, that I was able to officially ratify his historic time. An incredible athlete leaving an incredible legacy, we will miss him dearly."

Very sad but it has pleased the creator so nothing we can say than to pray for God to grant them a place in heaven. Amen.

Back
Top Bottom