Cheptegei settles for bronze in Copenhagen half marathon

Cheptegei settles for bronze in Copenhagen half marathon

Da Dona

JF-Expert Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Posts
1,055
Reaction score
629
Img_2026_09_21_09_00_53.jpeg

Ugandan athletics star Joshua Cheptegei won bronze in the men’s half marathon at the World Athletics Road Running Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Cheptegei clocked 58:26 to finish third behind Sweden’s Andreas Almgren and Kenya’s Nicholas Kipkorir.
Joshua-Cheptegei-wins-bronze.jpg

Almgren won gold in a European record 58:06, while Kipkorir took silver in 58:11.
Cheptegei revealed that he was managing a minor injury to his left foot, which he hurt about 10 days before the race.
​
“During the race, I struggled a bit with my left foot, which I hurt 10 days ago, but I had good treatment and I only felt a little bit of pain during the race,” he said.​

Despite the discomfort, Cheptegei stayed in contention to secure a podium finish and add another global medal to his career.

He said the half marathon was also part of his preparations for his next major challenge — the marathon.
​
“This race was part of my preparations towards the marathon in a few weeks’ time,” he added.​
Cheptegei will now shift his focus to the marathon as he continues preparations for his next major competition.​
 
Back
Top Bottom