'Moral flexibility' and leadership

'Moral flexibility' and leadership

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Posts
98,202
Reaction score
144,092
This news of Speaker Ndugai stripping Tundu Lissu of his parliamentary membership is not sitting well with me.

The reasons given are him [Lissu] not officially apprising the parliament about his convalescence while being seen gallivanting around Europe and the US and not filling out some form for the ethics committee or something like that.

Now, I get the whole idea of doing everything by the book and all that jazz.

I don't know if Lissu has actually done what is said he hasn't done.

I have a sneaky feeling that he'll probably contradict all of those given reasons for him getting booted off parliament.

I think there is no denying in the fact that he has suffered a lot. There is also no denying that even before that tragic afternoon event on September 2017, he was thoroughly and repeatedly harassed a lot by, some would argue, the powers that be.

Be that as it may, there is no need to add to his suffering.

Sometimes it is wise to have what I call 'moral flexibility' and actually use it.

In Tundu Lissu's case, I think the Speaker of Parliament could have used 'moral flexibility' in handling him.

Harassing a person who survived a dastardly assassination attempt is not right.

Very unnecessary.
 
Lengo ni kuzuia isiunganishwe na ule uzi wa Pascal Mayalla au ni kutaka "Audience" ya wajua Kiingereza waisome? Hata hivyo una hoja ya msingi lakini ni mfu kwa jamii yetu.

Hivi wanasiasa wetu kuna jambo wanafanya kwa kuangalia viwango vya kimaadili ama kama nafsi zao zinawashitaki? Kama waziri Mkuu anaweza kusema "wapigwe tu hakuna namna" na kesho yake anakwenda kuchukuliwa na ving'ora na kupelekwa kazini unadhani kuna viwango vya kimaadili vinazingatiwa?

Yule aliyekuwa anahanikiza "Apigwe nduli Lisu apigwee" na mpaka leo hakuna alichofanywa unadhani kuna kuzingatiwa maadili wakati wa kufanya siasa zetu? Hao unaotaka wajali alichotendewa Lissu unadhani wanajali madhila aliyopata Lissu?
 
What the Speaker has done to Tundu Lissu is totally Inhuman. How can you make accusations of the like to the person who was short by armed gunmen in broad daylight ?
The speaker from today onwards spiritually will regret this, he will be haunted by this tragedy and at the end of the day he will face big shame sooner or later.
 
Hili limenikumbusha yule Hakimu aliyeombwa na mwanasheria wa serikali kumfutia dhamana Lisu aliposema jamani tuwe na ubinadamu katika mambo mengine heko yule Hakimu leo Spika kaweka UBINADAMU Kando Mungu muhurumie mja huyu
 
This news of Speaker Ndugai stripping Tundu Lissu of his parliamentary membership is not sitting well with me.
The reasons given are him [Lissu] not officially apprising the parliament about his convalescence while being seen gallivanting around Europe and the US and not filling out some form for the ethics committee or something like that.
Now, I get the whole idea of doing everything by the book and all that jazz.
I don't know if Lissu has actually done what is said he hasn't done.
I have a sneaky feeling that he'll probably contradict all of those given reasons for him getting booted off parliament.
I think there is no denying in the fact that he has suffered a lot. There is also no denying that even before that tragic afternoon event on September 2017, he was thoroughly and repeatedly harassed a lot by, some would argue, the powers that be.
Be that as it may, there is no need to add to his suffering.
Sometimes it is wise to have what I call 'moral flexibility' and actually use it.
In Tundu Lissu's case, I think the Speaker of Parliament could have used 'moral flexibility' in handling him.
Harassing a person who survived a dastardly assassination attempt is not right.
Very unnecessary.
Nn hivi hiyo flexibility tunaitafuta Leo kwasabb lissu kasimamishwa ubunge? Vipi kwa zile kauli za hatushirikiani na wapinzani, sibomoi nyumba zilizoko kwenye hifadhi ya barabara mwanz a kwasabb hawa.ni wapiga kura wangu and the like?
 
This news of Speaker Ndugai stripping Tundu Lissu of his parliamentary membership is not sitting well with me.

I think there is no denying in the fact that he has suffered a lot. There is also no denying that even before that tragic afternoon event on September 2017, he was thoroughly and repeatedly harassed a lot by, some would argue, the powers that be.

Be that as it may, there is no need to add to his suffering.

Sometimes it is wise to have what I call 'moral flexibility' and actually use it.

In Tundu Lissu's case, I think the Speaker of Parliament could have used 'moral flexibility' in handling him.

Harassing a person who survived a dastardly assassination attempt is not right.

Very unnecessary.
Naunga mkono hoja
Ila kuwepo kwa moral flexibility, kitu cha kwanza ni kwa hizo morals zenyewe kwanza ziwepo ndipo flexibility ifuate.

P
 
These people are absolutely inhumane
How can you treat a person who had an attempt on his life in such a low shameful way?
This shows that somebody or a group of very powerful people wanted him dead, otherwise they wouldn;t be acting irrationally as they have been doing to this harmless innocent gentleman

We have Monsters running the show out there!.
 
Nn hivi hiyo flexibility tunaitafuta Leo kwasabb lissu kasimamishwa ubunge? Vipi kwa zile kauli za hatushirikiani na wapinzani, sibomoi nyumba zilizoko kwenye hifadhi ya barabara mwanz a kwasabb hawa.ni wapiga kura wangu and the like?

Moral flexibility inaendana na busara na hekima za kiuongozi.

Haipaswi kutumika kila mahala au kwa kila jambo.

Jambo la Lissu ni la kipekee sana na si la kujitakia.

Utu ulipaswa kutangulizwa mbele katika ku 'deal' naye.
 

Similar Discussions

Back
Top Bottom