Mjue Engineer wa Kitanzania aliyeipandisha chati Google!

X-PASTER

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007
Revving Google's Search Engine

bengomes.jpg
082310.mercurynews.benedict.gomes.large.JPG

EVERY TIME you initiate a search on Google, chances are Ben Gomes has had something to do with the replies you get.

[Ben Gomes is a Distinguished Engineer at Google where he is a lead for the company's engineering efforts on search features. Ben has been with Google for more than ten years and has worked in the development of nearly all aspects of the Google search service ranging from crawling and indexing to ranking and new feature design. Prior to Google, Ben earned his PhD in computer science from UC Berkeley. He was born in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania. source: sites.google]

Carrying the job title of distinguished engineer, and a lead on its search projects, Gomes was born in Tanzania, graduated in computer science from the University of California, Berkeley, and joined Google 11½ years ago. At the time the company was “just search” and he has worked on most of the developments that have taken place in the area since then.

With Google today known as one of the dominant companies in the internet space – and increasingly moving into other areas, with its Android mobile platform and its Chrome browser and operating system – it’s easy to forget that it was once just a start-up with a new take on how to search the fast-growing web. Click HERE to Read More

“We have to think of it as a spectrum of search,” says Gomes. “it’s so important to ease that connection between mind and machine.”

amekaa kama shombe shombe.

This guy and other unsung Tanzanians scattered all over in the United States must serve as a good example for others to follow when they get an opportunity to land in the US.

I get annoyed everytime I read here this forum that Tanzanians back home keep scolding others esp. those in the US that they should return to Tanzania, instead of urging their fellow Tanzanians on how to acclimatize themselves and take advantage of the America's opportunities. I know hundreds if not thousands of other Tanzanians living in the US who are highly educated and have successful careers in different areas of expertise other than kubeba boxes!!

US is still and will always be the land of opportunities than any other country on earth as long as you are smart and you've got "brains" and know how utilize it.

Ukisoma jina la Gomes ujue ni Mgoa(wahindi wakristo).
kwahiyo wahindi siku hizi ni watanzania! Lol.Halafu huyo hapo chini jirani yako sijui muhindi mwenzie. Hebu kwanza nitafsirie alichoandika maana kidhungu not richabo.

amekaa kama shombe shombe.

Ukisoma jina la Gomes ujue ni Mgoa(wahindi wakristo).

Jina kama asili ya mgoa. Wabongo bana, watu wasio wabantu tunawabagua/wanatubagua nchini.....wahindi wanaambiwa warudi kwao, kina Rostam warudi sijui Iran, Richa Adhia yule miss Tanzania alipondwa.....ila huyu kafanikiwa Google, basi ni Mtanzania. Kaaaaazi kweli kweli!

Hilo jina lina asili ya Ureno....ni kweli kwavile anaonekana kama mhindi, anaweza kua ni mgoa..ila nimependa niweke mambo sawa. Kwa sababu hao wagoa wenyewe wamepata majina hayo baada ya wareno kupita kwao.

With his undeniably great influence at Google, the question remains - what has he done so far kuupenyeza penyeza huo Utanzania through google as a dominant search platform. Kama bado, anapanga kufanya nini na huo Utanzania (kama kuna wowote ule uliobakia) akiwa hapo google. My guesses are odd and obscure just like his surname; that huchelewi kuta kesha usahau hata huo Utanzania wa kuzaliwa, and you wishwishers are adamant about his Utanzania while ogling at his success kumbe jamaa walaaa!!

Just a little research: How many times have you come across google main page being animated to earmark an occasion or simply celebrate someone's birthday? But to this day, with my observant eye, I can confirm to you many times but none has been to do with Tanzania au Kiongozi wa Tanzania for that matter. I know kwamba picha au cartoons zinazowekwa zinapendekezwa na watu, lakini kwa influence aliyo nayo yeye na kama angelikuwa kweli mwenye kupenda Utanzania; kipi kinachomzuia kufanya hivyo au ku-instigate hilo?? Bila shaka jibu hapa ni hakuna, bali ameshasahau hata hii Tanzania, well my wacky guess!!

Just a little research: How many times have you come across google main page being animated to earmark an occasion or simply celebrate someone's birthday? But to this day, with my observant eye, I can confirm to you many times but none has been to do with Tanzania au Kiongozi wa Tanzania for that matter. I know kwamba picha au cartoons zinazowekwa zinapendekezwa na watu, lakini kwa influence aliyo nayo yeye na kama angelikuwa kweli mwenye kupenda Utanzania; kipi kinachomzuia kufanya hivyo au ku-instigate hilo?? Bila shaka jibu hapa ni hakuna, bali ameshasahau hata hii Tanzania, well my wacky guess!!

Nasikia kuna google kwa ajili ya Watanzania

Gonga hiyo link: Google

With his undeniably great influence at Google, the question remains - what has he done so far kuupenyeza penyeza huo Utanzania through google as a dominant search platform. Kama bado, anapanga kufanya nini na huo Utanzania (kama kuna wowote ule uliobakia) akiwa hapo google. My guesses are odd and obscure just like his surname; that huchelewi kuta kesha usahau hata huo Utanzania wa kuzaliwa, and you wishwishers are adamant about his Utanzania while ogling at his success kumbe jamaa walaaa!!

Kwa nini aufikirie Utanzania wake wakati Watanzania wameshembagua sana na kumtaka 'arudi kwao' !

Mmhh...chukulia mtu aliyeanza kazi ya kubeba maboksi Walmart na baada ya miaka 30 of blood, sweat, and tears (pamoja na top-notch grades and accolades from "Walmart University" and whatnot) tuseme kabahatika kuwa Store Manager kwenye Walmart Superstore fulani somewhere, jee ana chance gani ya ku-influence overall corporate policies za Walmart kuhusu msimamo wa Walmart Corp kuhusu Tanzania?

Revving Google's Search Engine

bengomes.jpg
082310.mercurynews.benedict.gomes.large.JPG

EVERY TIME you initiate a search on Google, chances are Ben Gomes has had something to do with the replies you get.

[Ben Gomes is a Distinguished Engineer at Google where he is a lead for the company's engineering efforts on search features. Ben has been with Google for more than ten years and has worked in the development of nearly all aspects of the Google search service ranging from crawling and indexing to ranking and new feature design. Prior to Google, Ben earned his PhD in computer science from UC Berkeley. He was born in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania. source: sites.google]

Carrying the job title of distinguished engineer, and a lead on its search projects, Gomes was born in Tanzania, graduated in computer science from the University of California, Berkeley, and joined Google 11½ years ago. At the time the company was "just search" and he has worked on most of the developments that have taken place in the area since then.

With Google today known as one of the dominant companies in the internet space – and increasingly moving into other areas, with its Android mobile platform and its Chrome browser and operating system – it's easy to forget that it was once just a start-up with a new take on how to search the fast-growing web. Click HERE to Read More

wewe huyo muhindi kabisa unasema mtanzania? ah mi sikubaliani na wewe

What about Prof. Issa shivji, Aamir Jamal, mzee Sabodo, Kassim Dewji, Manji, Shamim Khan, Dereck Bryson, Salim Ahmed Salim, Hussein Bashe, Rostam, Kinana, Rage, Prof. Mascarenas, SS Bakhressa, Zungu etc. je hawa nao ni watanzania ama sio watanzania? Acheni ubaguzi

Ni sawa na kitendo cha kushangilia kitendo cha ngasa kucheza against man united, tumwache asimame mbele za watu ajitambulishe yeye mwenyewe kuwa ni mtanzania badala ya sisi kushabikia.

Mkuu, nadhani siyo fair kumbagua mtu kwa sababu ya rangi ya ngozi yake, urefu wa pua yake, asili ya wazazi wake, au kitu kimgine chochote. Nadhani hii tabia ya kuangalia watu wa rangi au asili fulani kwa kudhani kwamba wote wa aina hiyo ni mafisadi haifai. Mbona tuna wahindi wengi tunaishi nao vizuri tu na wala siyo mafisadi? Anaweza kuwa ni raia tu mzuri wa nchi hii, na hajaifanyia ubaya wowote nchi hii, lakini wewe unambagua kwa kumtazama usoni tu! That's not fair.

Tusiminyaje bure Huyo ni mtanzania mwenye asili ya asia kwani sifa ya mtanzania lazima uwe mweusi?

Mtanzania kuwa pale siyo issue, swala ni anajivunia huo Utanzania? Na katika akili yake, huwa anakumbuka kuwa yeye ni Mtanzania? Labda mleta uzi angesema ni mambo mangapi kaifanyia Tz hapo google wakati mwenyewe hakumbuki kabisa kama aliwahi zaliwa Tanzania, zaidi ya kujiona Mtanzania.

Back
Top Bottom