Michelle Obama Visits S.A.

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Discusses+3SP19fwcfh_l.jpg

US First Lady Michelle Obama begins a six-day visit to southern Africa on Monday where she will meet anti-apartheid leaders and highlight the spread of democracy on the continent.

The wife of US President Barack Obama will visit the South African cities of Pretoria, Johannesburg and Cape Town and the Botswana capital, Gaborone, starting on Monday evening, June 20 through Sunday, June 26.

She will be accompanied by her two daughters, Malia and Sasha, but not her husband, on a trip that the White House says will focus on 'youth leadership, education, health and wellness.'

The first lady will also be travelling with her mother, Marian Robinson, and two nephews.

She will visit several places that are symbols of South Africa's decades-long anti-apartheid struggle, according to a schedule put out by the White House.

After meeting Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, the wife of South African president Jacob Zuma, on Tuesday, Mrs Obama will visit the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg, where she will be given a tour by Graca Machel, the former first lady of Mozambique and now wife of former South African president Nelson Mandela.

There were no plans announced to visit Mr Mandela, who at 92 is in fragile health, although the White House has left open the possibility of a meeting.

Kila la kheri first lady wa dunia, wish u all the best. Ni mama mnyenyekevu mwangalieni wenyewe.

Sincerely simpendi Obama or should I say the way I liked him is decreasing at a great rate…
The only thing and part I like about him at present is Michelle…
She truly is a lady and a great woman with great influence especially in humanitarian
related issues and she is so interested with the de-privileged youth..

Happy Bon Voyage Michelle...

It's easy to tell!

Such statements from GT really dissapoints me... Why is it most GT believe
What they know/believe is absolute??? it is so saddening...
If you gave this statement from the conclusion am thinking you drew
then ... Dah! Inasikitisha kua hatuwezi pembua..

Sincerely simpendi Obama or should I say the way I liked him is decreasing at a great rate…
The only thing and part I like about him at present is Michelle…
She truly is a lady and a great woman with great influence especially in humanitarian
related issues and she is so interested with the de-privileged youth..

Happy Bon Voyage Michelle...

Huo ni unafiki tu, upendo wako kwake unaona uta - affect nini hasa.

16016097.jpg
16016111.jpg

Michelle Obama has met Nelson Mandela for the first time after receiving a personal invitation from the former South African leader. The first lady, who is on a solo tour of South Africa with her two daughters, was viewing some documents at Mr Mandela's foundation when he asked to meet her. It was Mrs Obama's first ever meeting with the former president and came at the start of her week-long visit to the country. She flew into Pretoria with her children and her mother on Monday and started the trip with a courtesy call on one of President Jacob Zuma's wives.

Mrs Obama spent half an hour talking to Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, one of the leader's three wives, at his official residence. Mr Zuma is currently out of the country. Later in the week, the first lady is due to visit Robben Island where Mr Mandela was incarcerated. She is using the visit to highlight the importance of the empowerment of young people and women in South Africa. During what is her second solo overseas tour, she will meet government officials in Pretoria before heading to Johannesburg to visit the Apartheid Museum.

She will also address community leaders at the Regina Mundi church in Soweto, which was a focal point for political gatherings during the struggle against white rule. The most poignant part of her visit will come on Thursday when she will travel by boat to Robben Island to see the tiny cell where Mr Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in jail.

Sky News

Ni nzuri hii!
Hivi Mrs Obama hana dalili za culture ya kiafrica katika mikao yake, hasa anapokuwa na waheshimiwa?...au kwa vile anajua Babu hana meno!...mmmhhh!
16016111.jpg

Huo ni unafiki tu, upendo wako kwake unaona uta - affect nini hasa.

Hapo sasa, but then again nikifikiria hapa JF watu wanachuki dhidi ya
viongozi na vitu mbali mbali... Kama Mamdenyi unaona kua hizi chuki dhidi ya
vitu/mambo hazi affect kitu... utanisikitisha saana.... maana nitajua you are not thinking
outside the box... To understand me ulitakiwa uniulize kwa nini simpendi... upante jibu
ufanye analysis then upate conclusion... sio tu from my single post uje in the
conclusion ya kuniita mnafiki... Please do better..

Waiting patiently.. hope hutapotea kama UmkhontoweSizwe...

• Thanks
Reactions: Wit
Ni nzuri hii!
Hivi Mrs Obama hana dalili za culture ya kiafrica katika mikao yake, hasa anapokuwa na waheshimiwa?...au kwa vile anajua Babu hana meno!...mmmhhh!
16016111.jpg

Descendant wa biashara ya utumwa.

16016097.jpg
16016111.jpg

Michelle Obama has met Nelson Mandela for the first time after receiving a personal invitation from the former South African leader. The first lady, who is on a solo tour of South Africa with her two daughters, was viewing some documents at Mr Mandela's foundation when he asked to meet her. It was Mrs Obama's first ever meeting with the former president and came at the start of her week-long visit to the country. She flew into Pretoria with her children and her mother on Monday and started the trip with a courtesy call on one of President Jacob Zuma's wives.

Mrs Obama spent half an hour talking to Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, one of the leader's three wives, at his official residence. Mr Zuma is currently out of the country. Later in the week, the first lady is due to visit Robben Island where Mr Mandela was incarcerated. She is using the visit to highlight the importance of the empowerment of young people and women in South Africa. During what is her second solo overseas tour, she will meet government officials in Pretoria before heading to Johannesburg to visit the Apartheid Museum.

She will also address community leaders at the Regina Mundi church in Soweto, which was a focal point for political gatherings during the struggle against white rule. The most poignant part of her visit will come on Thursday when she will travel by boat to Robben Island to see the tiny cell where Mr Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in jail.

Sky News

The news before was not clear as if she will meet The Great man or not...
am so happy she made it, a US first lady alafu ukose such a privilege....
Picha zimetoka vizuri saana as if she and her daughters belong there...

The news before was not clear as if she will meet The Great man or not...
am so happy she made it, a US first lady alafu ukose such a privilege....
Picha zimetoka vizuri saana as if she and her daughters belong there...

They actually belong there. Don't they?

They actually belong there. Don't they?

ha ha ha ... You never know...
Michelle the way alivyo she could also qualify as a west African descent...
(the morphology part nikimuona i remember a Nigerian friend of mine...)
But kikibwa ni from Africa...

She better not come in tz!! Cuz mama naniliu achelewi kumtangazia njaa. o_O

Back
Top Bottom