Marley & Tosh: Who is the truest legend of Reggae?

Killuminati

JF-Expert Member
Apr 24, 2007
Nikiwa mpenzi mmojawapo wa miondoko ya kunesanesa, na infact mpenzi mkubwa wa Peter Tosh nawauliza wana jamvi kuwa kati ya hawa mafahali wawili ni yupi unafikiri anaweza kuwa juu ya mwenzie in terms of ujabali wa reggae!! Na nyimbo gani angalau tatu unaweza kusema ukizisikiliza zinaweza kutusukuma wana reggae tuamini kuwa uliyemchagua kweli ni legend kwenye miondoko hii.

Caution: This is for reggae fans, if you dont feel the two dudes, keep it low,just read and enjoy it.

Killuminati.

Bob all day every day. He got so many classics and loved and adored all throughout the world

That's like asking "Jesus and Peter, who is the true founder of the church?"

Granted, Tosh is a prolific personality, but Bob is a legend.

But a true Rasta would see the question itself as rooted in Babylonian popularity contests, in a truly transcedental spirit that is Rastafarianism, Bob was a figurehead for a movement, and all his achievements are not his personally, but those of the movement.So this rather collectivist approach would reject the question itself as based on a divisive and unknowable construct.

If you can hear Tosh in Bob's songs, how can you contest Tosh against Bob based on these very songs?

That's like asking "Jesus and Peter, who is the true founder of the church?"

Granted, Tosh is a prolific personality, but Bob is a legend.

But a true Rasta would see the question itself as rooted in Babylonian popularity contests, in a truly transcedental spirit that is Rastafarianism, Bob was a figurehead for a movement, and all his achievements are not his personally, but those of the movement.So this rather collectivist approach would reject the question itself as based on a divisive and unknowable construct.

If you can hear Tosh in Bob's songs, how can you contest Tosh against Bob based on these very songs?

True man and I have to agree to disagree with you, for the following reasons:

- Tosh was more of a doer than a talker or a theorist, however Marley has gone far beyond the measurable distance to introduce reggae the way we perceive it today, which is Positive.

- Based on various songs, you can obviously see their different personalities and the way they carrry Jah's message, Peter was never a patient man and was far more militant man than Bob, however again it is Bob who new how to be patient and take reggae to the whole new level via Blackwell.

So in agreeing to disagree with you, naweza kusema kuwa mkuu Bluray wewe ni fan mzuri wa reggae bila shaka.

Lets rally round Jah's Kingdom

Killuminati, The Don

Last edited:
True man and I have to agree to disagree with you, for the following reasons:

- Tosh was more of a doer than a talker or a theorist, however Marley has gone far beyond the measurable distance to introduce reggae the way we perceive it today, which is Positive.

- Based on various songs, you can obviously see their different personalities and the way they carrry Jah's message, Peter was never a patient man and was far more militant man than Bob, however again it is Bob who new how to be patient and take reggae to the whole new level via Blackwell.

So in agreeing to disagree with you, naweza kusema kuwa mkuu Bluray wewe ni fan mzuri wa reggae bila shaka.

Lets rally round Jah's Kingdom

Killuminati, The Don

You are funny,

I don't even agree with myself, and yet you can agree to disagree with me!

Bob Marley no doubt...He had a crossover appeal. even now posthumously Bob still rocks.

It is fact beyond any shadow of doubt that Robert Nesta Marley was, and will always be greater not only than Tosh,but than anyone who might seem to swim in the reggae ocean. I believe that even Tosh would not want reggaerians world to match him beside Bob.Folks, Bob's calibre is beyond comparison.

It is fact beyond any shadow of doubt that Robert Nesta Marley was, and will always be greater not only than Tosh,but than anyone who might seem to swim in the reggae ocean. I believe that even Tosh would not want reggaerians world to match him beside Bob.Folks, Bob's calibre is beyond comparison.
In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty.

Bob Marley zaidi, he was annointed for reggae. Watch out his song One Love.
RIP Bob.

Bob ni kweli alikuwa ni mfalme wa reggae, watu wengi wanakiri hivyo. Lakini ukweli pia uko palepale kuwa alifundishwa muzuki na Peter Tosh. Pia kuna jambo ambalo watu wengi huwa hawapendi kuliangalia wala kujiuliza, ni malalamiko ya kina Peter kuwa walipoenda Uingereza BBC kurekodi, wanadai BBC walimpendelea Bob kwasababu tu baba yake alikuwa mwingereza....siyo wale kina Tosh wamatumbi kabisa!
Hivyo albam yao badala ya kuiita The wailers tu, BBC wakaiita Bob Marley & wailers kama hila ya kumbeba mzungu mwenzao Bob na Bob aliifurahia hii.... Hii kitu ilimuuma sana Tosh na kumwona Bob kama msaliti mkubwa na ambaye hata umaarufu wake unasambazwa sana kwakuwa anadamu ya kizungu!

Once a teacher is ateacher and will remain most experiential than da student
Is to ask who is best between mwalimu and pupil?
Toshi yupo juu mno, ila Bob alipendwa sana (baada ya kupikwa na TOSH)

Once a teacher is ateacher and will remain most experiential than da student
Is to ask who is best between mwalimu and pupil?
Toshi yupo juu mno, ila Bob alipendwa sana (baada ya kupikwa na TOSH)

...you got me thinkin' here cousin, nice comment.

The problem started when Blackwell said that the band must be Bob Marley and Wailers and Bob became the leading vocalist of what Tosh and Wailer didn't agree. I like Tosh myself because he was a person who believe in his deeds and own stands contrary to these politicians they lie because of somebody who fills their pockets. Like wise any other Tosh and Bob fans reggae fans, Tosh's song "MAMA AFRICA" was magnificent.

Bob (RIP) alisifika sana kwa sababu si tu ya kuimba bali kutumbuiza nje ya Jamaica. Ila Peter Tosh (RIP) ni TRUE and PURE Rastafarian..sikiliza nyimbo zake kama Wanted Dread or Alive, Reggae Mylitis, Equal Rights etc!! Mimi naona Peter Tosh/Tesha!!

Kwa kuongezea, Lauryn Hill aliziaribu sana zile classic songs za Bob kwenye hii album ya "Bob Marley: Chant Down Babylon"!!

Robert Nesta Marley was what Lucky Dube referred as the Prophet of Reggae that they killed. Laiti tungeusikia unabii wa Bob! Masongi yake haya 3 yana ujumbe mzito wa Kinabii kwa Afrika:

1. Zimbabwe
2. Africa Unite
3. Redemption Song
-------------------

ZIMBABWE
Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny,
And in this judgement there is no partiality.
So arm in arms, with arms, we'll fight this little struggle,
'Cause that's the only way we can overcome our little trouble.

Brother, you're right, you're right,
You're right, you're right, you're so right!
We gon' fight (we gon' fight), we'll have to fight (we gon' fight),
We gonna fight (we gon' fight), fight for our rights!

Natty Dread it in-a (Zimbabwe);
Set it up in (Zimbabwe);
Mash it up-a in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Africans a-liberate (Zimbabwe), yeah.

No more internal power struggle;
We come together to overcome the little trouble.
Soon we'll find out who is the real revolutionary,
'Cause I don't want my people to be contrary.

And, brother, you're right, you're right,
We'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight), we gonna fight (we gon' fight)
We'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight), fighting for our rights!

Mash it up in-a (Zimbabwe);
Natty trash it in-a (Zimbabwe);
Africans a-liberate Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
I'n'I a-liberate Zimbabwe.

(Brother, you're right,) you're right,
We gon' fight (we gon' fight), we'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight),
We gonna fight (we gon' fight), fighting for our rights!

To divide and rule could only tear us apart;
In everyman chest, mm - there beats a heart.
So soon we'll find out who is the real revolutionaries;
And I don't want my people to be tricked by mercenaries.

Brother, you're right, you're right,
We'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight), we gonna fight (we gon' fight),
We'll 'ave to fight (we gon' fight), fighting for our rights!

Natty trash it in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Mash it up in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Set it up in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Natty dub it in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe).

Set it up in-a Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe);
Every man got a right to decide his own destiny.
-------------

AFRICA UNITE
Africa, unite
cause were moving right out of babylon
And were going to our fathers land

How good and how pleasant it would be
Before God and man, yeah
To see the unification of all africans, yeah
As its been said already let it be done, yeah
We are the children of the rastaman
We are the children of the higher man

Africa, unite cause the children wanna come home
Africa, unite cause were moving right out of babylon
And were grooving to our fathers land

How good and how pleasant it would be
Before God and man
To see the unification of all rastaman, yeah

As its been said already let it be done, yeah
I tell you who we are under the sun
We are the children of the rastaman
We are the children of the higher man

So, africa, unite, africa, unite
Unite for the benefit of your people
Unite for its later than you think

Unite for the benefit of your children
Unite for its later than you think
Africa awaits its creators, africa awaiting its creators
Africa, youre my forefather cornerstone
Unite for the africans abroad, unite for the africans a yard
Africa, unite
---------------

REDEMPTION SONG
Old pirates, yes, they rob i;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took i
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the and of the almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Wont you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? ooh!
Some say its just a part of it:
Weve got to fulfil de book.

Wont you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.
---
/guitar break/
---
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Wo! have no fear for atomic energy,
cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look?
Yes, some say its just a part of it:
Weve got to fulfil de book.
Wont you help to sing
Dese songs of freedom? -
cause all I ever had:
Redemption songs -
All I ever had:
Redemption songs:
These songs of freedom,
Songs of freedom.
------------------------

Last edited:
Kwa kuongezea, Lauryn Hill aliziaribu sana zile classic songs za Bob kwenye hii album ya "Bob Marley: Chant Down Babylon"!!

...Correction mkuu, aliimba nyimbo moja tu kwenye album nzima na bila ubishi ndiyo iliyokuwa hit na ilisimama vilivyo, i used to criticize it as well ila si mbaya kihivyo, producer wa Album alikuwa Stephen Marley.

Heee,

Nyie vipi. Utalinganishaje Macintosh na Bob? Hasa unapozungumzia mziki wa Reggae uliotokea Jamaica? Hapo utaona jinsi watu wanavyopenda kusikiliza kile kitu kinachotangazwa. Ukitangaza biashara basi hata Britney Spear atakuwa Super Star.

Siku moja nilikuwa nasikiliza mahojiano ya Erick Clapton na wakamwambia "Unajisikiaje unakuwa BIG STAR almost number 1 wa mziki wa blues duniani..?" Akakanusha waziwazi kuwa yeye siyo namba 1. Yuko chini kabisa huko chini. Hawezi kujilinganisha na akina B.B. King, Lee Hooker nk. Akasema kama blues, basi wale ndiyo Wafalme wenyewe na siyo mimi.

Sauti ya Bob Marley ilikuwa imekaa Kizungu zaidi ya Kijamaica. Ni sawa na kusema UB 40 nao ni wakali wa Reggae. Unaweza kukuta wameuza zaidi ya Tosh na Bob na wamepata umaarufu zaidi. Ila hiyo ilikuwa comercial Reggae. Bob alikuwa pale katikati. Kusema ukweli sauti ya Bob ilikuwa nzuri saana na kwa maana hiyo huwezi kuiweka kuwa sauti ya Jamaican reggae. Ukimlinganisha Bob na Lucky Dube na akina UB 40 unakuwa umefanya jambo zuri.

Bob alikuwa mtafutaji sana. Ndiyo maana utaona katika historia yake kapiga hadi na Commodores miaka Richie yupo. Kasota sana Sweden na UK akipiga kwenye bendi mziki tofauti na Reggae. Wakati huo, Tosh pamoja na kuahidiwa pesa nzuri, alikataa kwenda Izrael, kisa tu jamaa walikuwa wanauhusiano na makuburu na yeye alisema kama nikija basi atakuja na lile gitaa lake lililokaa kama AK 47 ina kuwaimbia wimbo wake wake wa "I'm coming, hot hot hot ... firering sha shaa shaaaa....." Jamaa wakasema wewe peke yako bila gitaa. Akasema au naja na gitaa au siji - Hakuenda.

Anyway, ukiacha jamani, mpenda roho hula nyama mbovu. Ila kwa wale hawamfahamu vizuri Tosh basi tafuteni ile album ya "Wanted dread or alive na ya Mistic man....." Mie nina album zao zote, ila familia yetu yote twampenda zaidi Tosh.

Hebu oneni na mwanae wakifanya vitu vyake na wimbo wa Baba. Hii video niliitafuta sana hadi mwisho nikaipata DVD yake. Ngoja leo niifaidi maana kitambo sijaisikiliza.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4e7kUgSQ00&feature=related]YouTube - Peter Tosh "Rastafari Is"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kA6nzI-Tds]YouTube - Andrew Tosh - Pick Myself Up Live[/ame]

Hii ya chini hunichekesha sana. Huwezi amini Mick Jagger, kigogo katika mambo ya miziki, ambaye huimba kwenye uwanja huku kukiwa na watazamani zaidi ya laki moja mara awepo na washikaji zake "The Rolling stone", hapa yuko akitesa na SHEMEJI yake kwenye ka-ukumbi kadogo wala huwezi amini. Ukutani mnaweza ona alama ya Rolling stone (Ulimi umepakwa rangi ya ma Rasta).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4Fgh0KW_4]YouTube - Walk & Don t Look Back - Peter Tosh & Mick Jagger[/ame]

Ahhh,

Wee Tupac, afadhali ulinganishe Bob Marley na Jimmy Cliff nani zaidi. Wote walikuwa na sauti nzuri sana. Hapo ndipo twaweza kuwalinganisha. Tosh na Bob labda kuwalinganisha kwenye mambo kupigania Uhuru kuwa nani alikuwa mpiganaji zaidi.
Wote walifanya kazi nzuri sana. Pia msisahau kuwa Bob alisaidia sana na Lee Scratch Perry. Huyu Mzee sijui vipi maan sasa hivi anaishi Switzland na huko sasa anajaribia kuchanganya Reggae na mziki wa electronics (techno). Huo mchanyato heri uutafute mwenyewe uusikilize maana unashindwa kumuweka kundi gani.

Back
Top Bottom