Mandela's 93rd birthday. Send your greetings!

HONGERA SANA MZEE MADIBA!
HONGERA KWA SIKU YAKO YA KUZALIWA!
HONGERA KWA KUTIMIZA MIAKA 93!
HONGERA KWA KUWA KIGEZO CHA UONGOZI WA BUSARA!
Mungu akujalie uishi zaidi na kwa afya njema!

A Great Man and it will take a Great Miracle to get another like him....

HBD Madiba... Viva... Viva Forever!!!

994407-01-02.jpg

South Africa's iconic statesman Nelson Mandela (sitting in the background centre) with his ex-wife Winnie Madikezila Mandela (3rd R) at his home in Qunu on July 18, 2011. For the third year, at the request of his charitable foundation, July 18 is observed as Mandela Day, recognised by the United Nations as a global call to volunteer for good causes for 67 minutes -- representing each year of Mandela's life in active politics. With him are Zama Obiri, 3, Zwelami Mandela (C) and Ziyanda Manaway (2nd R) and other members of his family.

994400-01-02.jpg

990646-01-02.jpg

935867-01-02.jpg

South African Airways Chairperson Cheryl Carolus unveils the first of its jets emblazoned with the Nelson Mandela Day logo, ahead of the anti-apartheid icon's 93rd birthday, on July 4, 2011 at the O.R. Tambo airport of Johannesburg.

935896-01-02.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATA MADIBA

Quotable quotes from Mzee Madiba

(1) 'No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite' - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom.

(2) 'For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others'. - Nelson Mandela

(3) 'I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent. I dream of our vast deserts, of our forests, of all our great wildernesses'. - Nelson Mandela

(4) 'I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended'. - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom.

Happy Birthday Mzee Nelson Madiba Mandela. Hakika wewe ni nuru ya maisha ya upendo na furaha kwa wana wote wa Afrika. Mungu akujalie miaka zaidi tuendelee kuwa nawe. Amen

Tunajua maisha yana mwisho mzee Madiba...ila tungependa uishi muda mrefu zaidi (walau hata miaka mingine ishirini) tusije kukosa busara zako kama tunavyozikosa za rafiki yako Mwalimu Nyerere. Natamani tungekuazima mwaka mmoja ukaja hata hapa kwetu Tanzania kuokoa kizazi cha sasa maana mambo ni mabaya mara tatu zaidi ya ubaguzi wa rangi uliokuwa nchini kwako.... Wish you long life.