Maisha aliyopitia daktari Mkenya katika safari yake ya elimu. Haikua rahisi lakini amefanikiwa

Sky Eclat

JF-Expert Member
Oct 17, 2012
THIS IS MY STORY:

This is the house I used to rent during my early years of high school. I would wake up at 3am everyday to de-weed people's farms for pocket money. This reminds me of the phrase 'never give up in life'

You see, 16 years ago, I had passed my KCPE exams with flying colours and I got a calling letter to the prestigious Maseno School but I didn't join because we had no school fees. Dad(may his soul rest in peace) wanted me to join carpentry instead. Mum insisted that I had to join high school even if it means selling our homestead and becoming homeless. Mum won.

So on 6th February 2004 at 3am, my dad and I set out on foot to Chulaimbo high school, a distance of 40 km. By 6.30am, we were already in the school compound. It was chilly, I was shivering and thoroughly exhausted. We sat at the visitors' bench. The pricipal noticed us and summoned us. We had no admission letter nor school fees. Dad handed over the result slip and said in Luo 'wuoda ni okalo to waonge pesa be inyalo kawe'?(my son has passed his exams but we don't have school fees, can you admit him).

The head teacher scanned through the slip then looked at me from head to toe. I could see him nodding; he seemed impressed. He told us to go back home and leave our contact. He would contact us after everyone has been admitted. 2 weeks later, he called and told us that I would be admitted but as a day scholar. Dad was to supply the school with farm produce to cater for the fees.

That's how I got to stay at Kanyanduru homestead in karateng' village. A year later, I got a full boarding scholarship from the school after an impressive performance in form 1. The rest is history. I went ahead to give the school their first ever A plain and put them on the news paper. Now I am a doctor who tranforms people's smiles! Never! Never give up!!

1675139395753.png

Back
Top Bottom