Leslie Nielsen is no more.......

Sikonge

JF-Expert Member
Jan 19, 2008
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Leslie Nielsen, who traded in his dramatic persona for inspired bumbling as a hapless doctor in "Airplane!" and the accident-prone detective Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun" comedies, died on Sunday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He was 84.
The Canadian-born actor died from complications from pneumonia at a hospital near his home at 5:34 p.m., surrounded by his wife, Barbaree, and friends, his agent John S. Kelly said in a statement.
"We are saddened by the passing of beloved actor Leslie Nielsen, probably best remembered as Lt. Frank Drebin in 'The Naked Gun' series of pictures, but who enjoyed a more than 60-year career in motion pictures and television," said Kelly.

Nielsen came to Hollywood in the mid-1950s after performing in 150 live television dramas in New York. With a craggily handsome face, blond hair and 6-foot-2 height, he seemed ideal for a movie leading man.
Nielsen first performed as the king of France in the Paramount operetta "The Vagabond King" with Kathryn Grayson.
The film - he called it "The Vagabond Turkey" - flopped, but MGM signed him to a seven-year contract.

My Take: Fizi film za Parody nilikuwa sizipendi hadi nilipokuja kuona hiki kipande cha film ya The Naked Gun hasa hii sehemu akiwa anaoga. Nilicheka hadi mbavu zangu zikauma............. RIP Nielsen.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may him meet him one day in heaven or should I say.....................................hell...................I hope not...................

RIP Nielsen...Ukitazama movies za Naked Gun pamoja na Spy Hard lazima utibu mbavu zako kwa kicheko!

Back
Top Bottom