Kenyan Girl Running Multi-million Online Empire

Sinister

JF-Expert Member
Feb 18, 2013
makeup_artist_ivy_kungu.jpg

Fortune favours the bold and Ivy Kungu is one girl who decided to go after her fortunes from a tender age.

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, her everyday looks and creative makeup concept have made her a huge hit across all her social media platforms.

According to networthstats.com, the young phenom's current net worth is believed to range between Ksh10million to Ksh100 million

Aged just 13, the young Ivy developed an interest in YouTube makeup tutorials, going on to recreate some of the styles for her everyday look.

Ivy Kungu (second from left) poses alongside her fellow contestants in the Allure Incubator series on February 20, 2018.

Ivy Kungu (second from left) poses alongside her fellow contestants in the Allure Incubator series on February 20, 2018.

However, it was not until 2016 that she decided to focus on her passion as a career, going on to dedicate her various social media pages to provide makeup tips.

“I got into beauty when I was in a rough place. I was away from home for the first time in college and felt lonely. Makeup was really a medium for me to create with, and that’s what consoled me," she revealed during a past interview with Yahoo Lifestyle.

She was an instant hit and in 2018, she was named among an elite group of five recruits chosen for the Allure Incubator - a reality web series by Allure Magazine; that pitted beauty bloggers against each other as they competed in various make-up challenges.

The overall winner was guaranteed the lucrative position of brand ambassador for CoverGirl Cosmetics, along with the various perks that came with the role.

The US-based Kenyan make-up artist and beauty vlogger was announced as the overall winner in February 2018, with the judges stating that they were wowed by her makeup moxie and charming personality.

She was duly handed a contract to be a member of CoverGirl Collective, effectively adding her to the brand's elite group of influencers.

Ivy's passion for coming up with unique colour palettes and out-of-the-box style has helped her carve out her own niche fan base.

"I strive to show people that makeup is fun and doesn’t have to be just some mundane step that we drag ourselves to do when we’re half asleep before work," tshe beauty vlogger to Allure Magazine.

“It can be art, it can be a confidence booster, it can be whatever you want it to be,” she added.

Back
Top Bottom