Kenya Monopolizing East Africa

Abolishing work permits? They think they are so clever,huh!

Hellfire,Nyaralego..what's yo opinion?

Kenya to abolish work permits for EAC citizens

Kenya has started the process of removing work permits for citizens of other East African Community nations wishing to work in the country.

Related Stories

The ministries of East Africa Community and Immigration are jointly preparing a Cabinet paper to legalise the move.

East African Community Minister Amason Kingi said he was consulting his Immigration counterpart Otieno Kajwang' to abolish the conditions so that professionals from Uganda, Tanzania and Burundi can work freely in Kenya. Kenya already has such an agreement with Rwanda.

Zaidi hapa

...safi sana!

The person who has posted this is lazy at thinking! EA economy is being monopolized by SA products, Kenya is just struggling like the rest of EA! how many Kenyans co. have been acquired by SA companies? you better ask urself n stop living on propaganda from wines to beer to shoes, to fast foods to clothes all r SA! n for ur info even in Uganda SAB Miller is now the leader on beer business i dont know where do you get ur facts even the EA Brew is over 70 % owned by Diageo plc so till today Kenya cant even produce own beer! Forget about that mere propaganda even TZ has managed to do that through Serengeti Brew! i laugh when you compare NTV and Citizen tv and the rest of the media! do you know who owns those media what shares belong to Kenyans? all those companies are Kenya incorporated companies and they would be smart enough if they would be chesting themselves on own companies as Kenyans!

Why not be kind enough and furnish us with the answers you are asking if you trully want us to understand and become more knowledgable the least you can is to educate us.How about that for nice days work?

The person who has posted this is lazy at thinking! EA economy is being monopolized by SA products, Kenya is just struggling like the rest of EA! how many Kenyans co. have been acquired by SA companies? you better ask urself n stop living on propaganda from wines to beer to shoes, to fast foods to clothes all r SA! n for ur info even in Uganda SAB Miller is now the leader on beer business i dont know where do you get ur facts even the EA Brew is over 70 % owned by Diageo plc so till today Kenya cant even produce own beer! Forget about that mere propaganda even TZ has managed to do that through Serengeti Brew! i laugh when you compare NTV and Citizen tv and the rest of the media! do you know who owns those media what shares belong to Kenyans? all those companies are Kenya incorporated companies and they would be smart enough if they would be chesting themselves on own companies as Kenyans!

Bro Geza Ulole (whenever I see your name, it reminds that song of long long time ago- jokes). These guys wont understand you. coz you explained a lot on the structure of kny coys. Still they are embracing a wishful thinking.

But for those who are smart enough to understand the rule of the game, this is not the kenya vaquish. But is the foreigners strategy to use kenya as a tentacled object. They use kny as their agent to exploit the region. Kenya suits this (a very usefull trait for neo-colonialism) becoz the teritorry has never been there for the well being of its people, but for whites (foreigners) and few africans of Moi and Kenyata type. For them (Knyns), the term patriotic to the nation is a vocabulary, is not in their dictionary and is out of their social contract.

You will see, most of the foreign companies will base in Nairobi and operating in the entire region. Although that is not bad, but we need to be careful and watch these companies closer, so as to make sure that win win situation prevail and not win lose.

then stop boasting on Kenya monopolizing EA while its not own success! i see none of Kenyan goods daily! i dont know where such narrow thinking come from! phyweee arrogance of highest order! SA the giants r quiet laughing at u!

I aint boasting son, dint support the thread in the first place anyway, but a brother has to comment, right? read the comment section, dont just skim through it, it shows how lazy you are if you cant read and differentiate between two commentors on a three page thread, then you come here spewing your arrogance for everyone to see, its obvious that you are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but you can hide that xteristic by sticking to your three word sentences. Thank you

Those who say SA Goods are flooding Kenyan and other East African Markets....now
South African owned magazine publisher in kenya which own true love,adam etc magazines have clossed shop in kenya...reason...tough competition from kenyans
Which Kenyan competition? u r sleeping for sure if the majority owners (>85) of both Nationmedia and Standard media r foreigners, how do you dare to say Kenyan competition? the way i know things that's a "Kenya incorporated competition"! it is like Tanzanians to claim the success of Barrick Gold u'll never hear that! hell no! By the way, do you know Naspers that owns media 24? U must be out of ur mind for sure to think a Kenya "incorporated media company" can beat that giant company!

Media 24 simply left cause the economy couldnt absorb their investment (growing below 2%) , they usually compete with their peers/likes e.g. News Corporation, The walt Disney company, Time Warner! it would have been so unfair to compete with Nation media :)! U Kenyans stop this brashing oneselves! Open ur eyes my friends some of ur articles here really irritate, i dont know whether u guys know anything apart that country of urs and boasting unnecessarily! Dudes, the World is round n rotates !!!

I am sick of narrow minded Kenyan individuals who can't even own a tabloid but good at claiming foreigners' success when u tell them the truth they become abusive n start throwing some sentiments like i don't care who owns but first to care about claiming the success of these companies that r Kenyans! when will u guys hav urs? Kenyan natives owned? r u still working masters even over 47 yrs of ur Independence! That's a truly day dreaming country!

Which Kenyan competition? u r sleeping for sure if the majority owners (>85) of both Nationmedia and Standard media r foreigners, how do you dare to say Kenyan competition? they way i know things that's a "Kenya incorporated competition"! do you know Naspers that owns media 24? U must be out of ur mind for sure to think a Kenya "incorporated media company" can beat that giant company!

Media 24 simply left cause the economy couldnt absorb their investment (growing below 2%) , they usually compete with their peers/likes e.g. News Corporation, The walt Disney company, Time Warner! it would have been so unfair to compete with Nation media :)! U Kenyans stop this brashing oneselves! Open ur eyes my friends some of ur articles here really irritate, i dont know whether u guys know anything apart that country of urs and boasting unnecessarily! Dudes, the World is round n rotates
Geza,

These guys behaves like Frogs,vyura huwa wanafikiri pool ndiyo dunia nzima.
icon7.gif
icon7.gif
icon7.gif

Some of these guys cannot even research some minor issues.It's very shame

lol!!!! what is the problem? i still do not know what is the problem.

those of you running around saying that the problem is that "the big companies in kenya are not kenya" i say bullshit. i want a tanzania to come out here and say that they do not want to see coca cola build their east central africa regional headquarters in tanzania. or that they dont want EABL to be based in tanzania or that they do not want a successful airline like kenya airways in tanzania....etc

business is business.if kenyan based companies are monopolising east africa then for me its all good. if you got a problem with that then try to become a good businessman and compete but if you cant then shut the https://jamii.app/JFUserGuide up!!!

I'm in Kenya and the reality is that most of South African companies have been
closing up after coming under very stiff competiton from their well established
counter parts in Kenya.

The biggest of all these south african companies would have been the castle lager
which closed down unceremoniously after being edged out by the giant EABL.

It is the same with the true love magazine and others..

Things have been going very bad for them.

People are joking when they talk about south African products in Kenya.

Can anyone mention the companies and products so we can know what
we are talking about?

The Owner of Royal Media company is known as mr Samuel Macharia, a Kikuyu to be specific.
The Citizen Tv belongs to this company.

He is a typical Kenyan and wears over large spectacles which make him look
like a comedian but one of the wealthiest people in Kenya.

He came into limelight when he bought the madhupaper in 1988 for kshs 2 bn.

The NTv is belongs to the Aga Khan family.

The biggest share holders of the standard co. is a group of very wealthy Kalenjins
and that is why it was accused, sometime ago, to be ODM's mouthpiece.

This is the truth and if there is any one with more info than this, is very welcome.

I'm in Kenya and the reality is that most of South African companies have been
closing up after coming under very stiff competiton from their well established
counter parts in Kenya.

The biggest of all these south african companies would have been the castle lager
which closed down unceremoniously after being edged out by the giant EABL.

It is the same with the true love magazine and others..

Things have been going very bad for them.

People are joking when they talk about south African products in Kenya.

Can anyone mention the companies and products so we can know what
we are talking about?

The Owner of Royal Media company is known as mr Samuel Macharia, a Kikuyu to be specific.
The Citizen Tv belongs to this company.

He is a typical Kenyan and wears over large spectacles which make him look
like a comedian but one of the wealthiest people in Kenya.

He came into limelight when he bought the madhupaper in 1988 for kshs 2 bn.

The NTv is belongs to the Aga Khan family.

The biggest share holders of the standard co. is a group of very wealthy Kalenjins
and that is why it was accused, sometime ago, to be ODM's mouthpiece.

This is the truth and if there is any one with more info than this, is very welcome.
Ýou must be kidding to think EABL won the beer war! an agreement was reached between EABL and SAB Miller to have a win win situation to produce for each other and cut production costs! yet it is EABL that just terminated the contract crying fouls after years of SAB Miller strong footing itself in the region! Its brands control the lion market shares in Tanzania, Uganda, DRC, South Sudan (a new plant opened with White bull roaring wild) and just beat EABL in acquiring Ethiopian assets! Here is another Kenyan egoistic propaganda from his own media!

Look out of the box dudes SAB Miller lost interest in that shrinking Kenyan market which afterall was and is underperforming mind you at that time of exit it was growing negative and till todate it is growing below 2% (with the exception of your MOF tricks in cooking data!?). Pls give us a break from this lame propaganda here! One of you here is making noises ati if Cocacola/UN regional offices were to set a shop in Tanzania, will we say no? The answer is we will not say no but we will be smart enough not to boast our successes from just mere regional quarters! Or from foreign offices that uses us as market of their goods but making you believe ati Kenyan goods! Japan and Germany don't have those Regional/Continental offices but they are the 2nd and 3rd 'biggest economies in the World! So watch out what you talk in here! we don't tolerate unnecessary seeking of "me better off prestige"! Again the World is round and rotates daily!

rumors has it that tusker is deliberately holding the distribution of tanzania made beer for reasons made to themselves to an extent TBL were furious and threaten to stop distributing tusker beer in tanzania which is distributed and readly available to anybody just choosing while the tanzanian beer do not enjoy that freedom of availability in kenya, i think this thread is true we want the kenyans to show fairness unless we will start boycotting kenyana goods.

Naona mnakaa kitako kusifia investments za mabeberu...na kushindana nani ananyonywa ziadi. The sooner u get out ur daydreaming ndo mtapata uhuru wa kifikra na kuangalia vitu with clearer unclouded, vitu vile vya kusaidia nchi zenu. Otherwise hii thread is less beneficial to either of u.

Naona mnakaa kitako kusifia investments za mabeberu...na kushindana nani ananyonywa ziadi. The sooner u get out ur daydreaming ndo mtapata uhuru wa kifikra na kuangalia vitu with clearer unclouded, vitu vile vya kusaidia nchi zenu. Otherwise hii thread is less beneficial to either of u.
This is a nice point over here! waambie ni bora wanyamaze kama Watz waache majivuno yasiyo na sababu!

I am currently in Uganda and what i am seeing around just baffles me.First, Citizen TV (a leading broadcaster in Kenya) is beeming live Kenyan News To Ugandan's without any cable Networks,and its news quality are of high quality than UBC News.

On Sunday Morning,Ugandan's were calling in to Broadcasting House Nairobi,saying they welcome the station and they have never seen something like that before ie better picture and programs quality.

When Nation Media Group--another Kenyan Company opened |NTV Uganda to be a sister station of NTV Kenya,we never though another Kenyan Station will come here soon.

Secondly,the Kenyan financial Industry has flooded Uganda,From KCB,Equity Bank,NIC,Co-op Bank etc,they have several branches in Uganda

Thirdly,Uganda's heavy Commercial Transport and industry are flooded by Kenyan's.Water and Beer being drunk over here 3/4 is from Kenya.

This story is the same ie in Rwanda,Tanzania and South Sudan.Just what Kenyan's are up to?Monopolizing East Africa?

Its estimated that over 200 Kenyan companies in Finance,Insurance,Transport and Manufacturing have crossed borders

I am told that these Kenyan's have no big interest in Burundi!! Why? They also talk of un-lucrative Tanzanian Market which its systems are not open business friendly

Hivi wewe unadhani tunawataka Tanzania. We are open to those investors who will abide to our laws and regulations otherwise we are not interested with your investments. Likewise nikisupport Abdulhalim point kuwa mnajisifia investment za watu wa nje for what? Tanzania is a sleeping Giant my friend but it is awakening like an elephant very soon you will know why i am saying this just follow the statistics.

I do not see the benefit of this thread rather than just mere political tactics and image bostering from our ndugus in Kenya.

Smatta, i don't hate Kenyans, ila investment za kaburu zina tija kwa watanzania kuliko za manyang'au kwa sababu kaburu haji na vibarua kama investor wa Kenya anavyofanya, yeye anaangalia cha kwake tu. Capitalists are all devils, but kaburu is a lesser devil ukilinganisha na nyang'au. Kaulize brewery ya Mbeya ilivyochukua ma- engineer wa kitanzania...wanakula shavu kinoma.

The person who has posted this is lazy at thinking! EA economy is being monopolized by SA products, Kenya is just struggling like the rest of EA! how many Kenyans co. have been acquired by SA companies? you better ask urself n stop living on propaganda from wines to beer to shoes, to fast foods to clothes all r SA! n for ur info even in Uganda SAB Miller is now the leader on beer business i dont know where do you get ur facts even the EA Brew is over 70 % owned by Diageo plc so till today Kenya cant even produce own beer! Forget about that mere propaganda even TZ has managed to do that through Serengeti Brew! i laugh when you compare NTV and Citizen tv and the rest of the media! do you know who owns those media what shares belong to Kenyans? all those companies are Kenya incorporated companies and they would be smart enough if they would be chesting themselves on own companies as Kenyans![/QU

I am just wondering..have you ever been to Kenya?and may i know which SA companies or products are sold in Kenya?for your info many SA companies that have been in Kenya end up collapsing eg the castle brew plant in thika and the publishers of Adam and Eve magazines just a month ago
I have no idea of any South African company that is dominating Kenya,but its true Tanzania has been dominated with South African products and this should change,Tanzanians should not allow their economy to be controlled from cape town or Johannesburg.
Citizen TV fully owned by a Kenyan.Mr Macharia under Royal Media Services Group.NTV is a listed company at NSE with Agha Khan as the majority shareholder but the rest of the shares are owned by Kenyans.We are not bragging but are proud of how we can build companies from scratch to regional giants within a very short time.This companies are Kenyan and if Tanzania allows we as east africans we can send South Africans packing from Tanzania's economy and we as Kenyans are determined to do that.Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi has proven to have a truly East African spirit and we can call them our brothers and sisters with confidence.

I am just wondering..have you ever been to Kenya?and may i know which SA companies or products are sold in Kenya?for your info many SA companies that have been in Kenya end up collapsing eg the castle brew plant in thika and the publishers of Adam and Eve magazines just a month ago
I have no idea of any South African company that is dominating Kenya,but its true Tanzania has been dominated with South African products and this should change,Tanzanians should not allow their economy to be controlled from cape town or Johannesburg.
Citizen TV fully owned by a Kenyan.Mr Macharia under Royal Media Services Group.NTV is a listed company at NSE with Agha Khan as the majority shareholder but the rest of the shares are owned by Kenyans.We are not bragging but are proud of how we can build companies from scratch to regional giants within a very short time.This companies are Kenyan and if Tanzania allows we as east africans we can send South Africans packing from Tanzania's economy and we as Kenyans are determined to do that.Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi has proven to have a truly East African spirit and we can call them our brothers and sisters with confidence.

BS as usual..yaani wewe unaongea propaganda kama CNN live feeds..

Kwanza quit hiyo mineno 'we kenyans' blah blah..unaongea kwa niaba yako, sasa kujumuisha 'we kenyans' unadisplay ulivo na akili finyu.

Hizo products sijui kudominate blah blah..lete takwimu sahihi tukae kitako tuzijadili...otherwise peleka hizo blah blah zako kwenye barber shop zenu za kuchonga gega.

BS as usual..yaani wewe unaongea propaganda kama CNN live feeds..

Kwanza quit hiyo mineno 'we kenyans' blah blah..unaongea kwa niaba yako, sasa kujumuisha 'we kenyans' unadisplay ulivo na akili finyu.

Hizo products sijui kudominate blah blah..lete takwimu sahihi tukae kitako tuzijadili...otherwise peleka hizo blah blah zako kwenye barber shop zenu za kuchonga gega.

I am sorry,i do not have time to debate with intellectual dwarfs like you.Let us base our arguments on facts not your primitive and outdated theories and ideas.This is why Tanzanias will always lag behind.You pride yourselves that South Africans are controlling your economy and think that we can bend low like you and accept to be dominated!!?NO!!
When a foreigner comes here(kenya),we allow him to invest,then we learn from him and then beat him at his own game.We have done this in Media,Banking ,Tourism Agro processing retail industries etc,while you people will forever be dominated!!what a curse!!!
The fact is and will always remain that East Africa is dominated and controlled by Kenyan comapanies mostly wholly or partly owned by kenyans.Continue soothing your concience with the lie that we are in the same situation like you.Instead of accepting positive critism you take it as an insult to your nation and people.You will be left behind and please take time and tour East africa so that you can post intelligent views here.
We should focus all our effort in educating our fellow East Africans on how we can benefit from available opportunies so that E.Africa will be truly owned by east africans,but i know because of your limited thinking capacity you will rather insult than benefit from good advise.For your info i am running three succesful companies in Tanzania,i love tanzania as a country plus many many good people i meet, but those that are supposed to be enlightened like you are the greatest curse of your good country.
Keep on complaining while we grab opportunities that are at your door step,and you will wake up when its too late for you,South Africans are not a threat at all they cant survive in Kenya and God willing we will drive them out of East Africa,this is a war that must be worn.

I am sorry,i do not have time to debate with intellectual dwarfs like you.Let us base our arguments on facts not your primitive and outdated theories and ideas.This is why Tanzanias will always lag behind.You pride yourselves that South Africans are controlling your economy and think that we can bend low like you and accept to be dominated!!?NO!!
When a foreigner comes here(kenya),we allow him to invest,then we learn from him and then beat him at his own game.We have done this in Media,Banking ,Tourism Agro processing retail industries etc,while you people will forever be dominated!!what a curse!!!
The fact is and will always remain that East Africa is dominated and controlled by Kenyan comapanies mostly wholly or partly owned by kenyans.Continue soothing your concience with the lie that we are in the same situation like you.Instead of accepting positive critism you take it as an insult to your nation and people.You will be left behind and please take time and tour East africa so that you can post intelligent views here.
We should focus all our effort in educating our fellow East Africans on how we can benefit from available opportunies so that E.Africa will be truly owned by east africans,but i know because of your limited thinking capacity you will rather insult than benefit from good advise.For your info i am running three succesful companies in Tanzania,i love tanzania as a country plus many many good people i meet, but those that are supposed to be enlightened like you are the greatest curse of your good country.
Keep on complaining while we grab opportunities that are at your door step,and you will wake up when its too late for you,South Africans are not a threat at all they cant survive in Kenya and God willing we will drive them out of East Africa,this is a war that must be worn.

Real talk Moyo, let them complain, we have alot to do in and out of our borders, the empty rhetoric in this forums wont prevent me and other Kenyans from coming and doing our businesses in TZ, and most of my Tanzanian associates dont share the same sentiments as most of you, at the end of the day, we all go home a happy lot.

The person who has posted this is lazy at thinking! EA economy is being monopolized by SA products, Kenya is just struggling like the rest of EA! how many Kenyans co. have been acquired by SA companies? you better ask urself n stop living on propaganda from wines to beer to shoes, to fast foods to clothes all r SA! n for ur info even in Uganda SAB Miller is now the leader on beer business i dont know where do you get ur facts even the EA Brew is over 70 % owned by Diageo plc so till today Kenya cant even produce own beer! Forget about that mere propaganda even TZ has managed to do that through Serengeti Brew! i laugh when you compare NTV and Citizen tv and the rest of the media! do you know who owns those media what shares belong to Kenyans? all those companies are Kenya incorporated companies and they would be smart enough if they would be chesting themselves on own companies as Kenyans![/QU

you must be lazy at seeing and thinking otherwise prove me that you dont have Dstv, you dont have Woolworth, you dont have Mr Price, you dont have Deacon, you dont have Steers, Nandos? you dont have financial institutions controlled by SA enhe? how about Stanbic/Standard bank? how about ur Intercontinental hotel franchise that also own all the holiday Inn hotels in Kenya? how about ICT companies controlled by SA? Wine Industry? Coca cola Franchise? Rift Valley railway company? even ur Kenya Airways SA individuals have about 20% of shares! even ur recent famine was eradicated by food from SA! How about your cement factories! do your homeworks boy and stop yaping childish here! How about the machines you use in that country of yours? Go and sleep boy

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom