Kenya Monopolizing East Africa

mrututu

Feb 15, 2010
I am currently in Uganda and what i am seeing around just baffles me.First, Citizen TV (a leading broadcaster in Kenya) is beeming live Kenyan News To Ugandan's without any cable Networks,and its news quality are of high quality than UBC News.

On Sunday Morning,Ugandan's were calling in to Broadcasting House Nairobi,saying they welcome the station and they have never seen something like that before ie better picture and programs quality.

When Nation Media Group--another Kenyan Company opened |NTV Uganda to be a sister station of NTV Kenya,we never though another Kenyan Station will come here soon.

Secondly,the Kenyan financial Industry has flooded Uganda,From KCB,Equity Bank,NIC,Co-op Bank etc,they have several branches in Uganda

Thirdly,Uganda's heavy Commercial Transport and industry are flooded by Kenyan's.Water and Beer being drunk over here 3/4 is from Kenya.

This story is the same ie in Rwanda,Tanzania and South Sudan.Just what Kenyan's are up to?Monopolizing East Africa?

Its estimated that over 200 Kenyan companies in Finance,Insurance,Transport and Manufacturing have crossed borders

I am told that these Kenyan's have no big interest in Burundi!! Why? They also talk of un-lucrative Tanzanian Market which its systems are not open business friendly

Mrututu wewe ni mchokozi, you want readers to respond harshly against kenyans, thats not good man.

Hi all of you people of east afrca.kenyans ugandans,tanzanians,rwandas,burundus.I say halloooooo!are you ready to join?

Mie nakubaliana na hii kitu moja kwa moja.Since i saw some documents analyzing East Africa Airways ilivyokufa na Kenya Airways inavyoshamiri.

simplo... because those guys know bness and grabbing of opportunities. Nothing personal kabisaa. Sie tunapiga siasa bila hata kuangalia wapi penye opportunities na kuzifanyia kazi. Wenzetu siasa zipo pale pale lakini when it comes to serious bness they do it and they mean it. so sishangai kabisa.

Mrututu wewe ni mchokozi, you want readers to respond harshly against kenyans, thats not good man.

Smatta nilijua tu utakuwa wa kwanza kuitetea nchi yako. Lakini utake usitake Kenya has already monopolized East Africa, lakini hautisemi vibaya Kenya kwani hata sisi Tanzania tungekuwa na uwezo huo tungefanya hivyo. Sijui lini ulitembelea Tanzania jaribu kupita madukani utaona kila kitu ni made in Kenya, ingia kwenye duka la Kenya uniambie kama kuna bidhaa kutoka Tanzania, kama ipo basi ni sigara moja tu ya sportsman au safari bia, the rest ni za Kenya au Ulaya.

Usikate Bwana, tena siku hizi nasikia mnachukua hata mabibi Kilimanjaro na Arusha. You guys are gonna swallow us.

Acheni uongo, it is south african's products which have flooded East African market. In Tanzania , banks from Kenya are really struggling.

The person who has posted this is lazy at thinking! EA economy is being monopolized by SA products, Kenya is just struggling like the rest of EA! how many Kenyans co. have been acquired by SA companies? you better ask urself n stop living on propaganda from wines to beer to shoes, to fast foods to clothes all r SA! n for ur info even in Uganda SAB Miller is now the leader on beer business i dont know where do you get ur facts even the EA Brew is over 70 % owned by Diageo plc so till today Kenya cant even produce own beer! Forget about that mere propaganda even TZ has managed to do that through Serengeti Brew! i laugh when you compare NTV and Citizen tv and the rest of the media! do you know who owns those media what shares belong to Kenyans? all those companies are Kenya incorporated companies and they would be smart enough if they would be chesting themselves on own companies as Kenyans!

So whats the problem? Of course people prefer high quality over low quality, don't blame the Kenyans for running successful businesses.

The person who has posted this is lazy at thinking! EA economy is being monopolized by SA products, Kenya is just struggling like the rest of EA! how many Kenyans co. have been acquired by SA companies? you better ask urself n stop living on propaganda from wines to beer to shoes, to fast foods to clothes all r SA! n for ur info even in Uganda SAB Miller is now the leader on beer business i dont know where do you get ur facts even the EA Brew is over 70 % owned by Diageo plc so till today Kenya cant even produce own beer! Forget about that mere propaganda even TZ has managed to do that through Serengeti Brew! i laugh when you compare NTV and Citizen tv and the rest of the media! do you know who owns those media what shares belong to Kenyans? all those companies are Kenya incorporated companies and they would be smart enough if they would be chesting themselves on own companies as Kenyans!

Would you prefer if the market was dominated by the South Africans other than your East African 'brothers'? I see you still have your head buried in your ***, that's why everything Kenyan smells foul to you. And as I usually tell you Geza, if a company is not your fathers or yours, then you have no business feeling proud that its owned by a Tanzanian, that's the epitome of failure, celebrating others achievement forgetting that personally you have nothing to proudly call your own, except that laptop that you so proudly type your hogwash, is a sad situation, and I feel bad for you. personally I am not troubled if the 'Kenyan' companies are owned by foreigners, as long as they employ Kenyans and pay taxes I wont lose any sleep, so you want me to enjoy Tusker less just because its not entirely Kenyan, are you serious? If thats the case, then Smatta is so different from y'all communist fruits, coz I was raised knowing that ours is not mine, and mine is not ours, and i'll gladly pass this to my children and my grandchildren inshallah.

Would you prefer if the market was dominated by the South Africans other than your East African 'brothers'? I see you still have your head buried in your ***, that's why everything Kenyan smells foul to you. And as I usually tell you Geza, if a company is not your fathers or yours, then you have no business feeling proud that its owned by a Tanzanian, that's the epitome of failure, celebrating others achievement forgetting that personally you have nothing to proudly call your own, except that laptop that you so proudly type your hogwash, is a sad situation, and I feel bad for you. personally I am not troubled if the 'Kenyan' companies are owned by foreigners, as long as they employ Kenyans and pay taxes I wont lose any sleep, so you want me to enjoy Tusker less just because its not entirely Kenyan, are you serious? If thats the case, then Smatta is so different from y'all communist fruits, coz I was raised knowing that ours is not mine, and mine is not ours, and i'll gladly pass this to my children and my grandchildren inshallah.
We simply dont need ur propaganda here

I

This story is the same ie in Rwanda,Tanzania and South Sudan.Just what Kenyan's are up to?Monopolizing East Africa?

Yes Mrututu,
Let us say the answer is yes. What should we do? Stop them? Or learn something from them? Please advise! Home of great thinkers!
Njimba

Now you are so proud that you will pass those selfish traits to your
children

You need Prayers!

Now you are so proud that you will pass those selfish traits to your
children

You need Prayers!

Am just saying it as it is. I will gladly pass this to my children and my children's children if God will. And thats not acting selfish, its just being real, yako ni yako na yangu ni yangu period.

Am just saying it as it is. I will gladly pass this to my children and my children's children if God will. And thats not acting selfish, its just being real, yako ni yako na yangu ni yangu period.
then stop boasting on Kenya monopolizing EA while its not own success! i see none of Kenyan goods daily! i dont know where such narrow thinking come from! phyweee arrogance of highest order! SA the giants r quiet laughing at u!

People, do not get afraid of Kenyans' business spirit. That is what is need in the whole region. At the end, we will all benefit somehow.

Kenya to abolish work permits for EAC citizens

Kenya has started the process of removing work permits for citizens of other East African Community nations wishing to work in the country.

Related Stories

The ministries of East Africa Community and Immigration are jointly preparing a Cabinet paper to legalise the move.

East African Community Minister Amason Kingi said he was consulting his Immigration counterpart Otieno Kajwang' to abolish the conditions so that professionals from Uganda, Tanzania and Burundi can work freely in Kenya. Kenya already has such an agreement with Rwanda.

Zaidi hapa

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom