Ilhan Omar's Firsts

FaizaFoxy

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2011
Ilhan Omar ni mwanamke wa kwanza wa Kisomali, Muislam anevaa hijab katika ndani ya Senate ya Marekani.

Hongera Ilhan, hongera Afrika, hongera Somalia, hongera Waislam wote duniani.
Watetezi wa Uislam wanaongeseka kwenye watunga Sheria wa Marekani, ni hatua kubwa sana kwa Uislam.

Ma shaa Allah

Update: 04-01-2019

'My choice': Ilhan Omar becomes first to wear hijab in US Congress
Congresswoman overcomes 181-year headwear ban while Rashida Tlaib takes oath on Qur’an that belonged to Thomas Jefferson

David Smith in Washington
@smithinamerica
Fri 4 Jan 2019 03.41 GMT

Twenty-three years after leaving a refugee camp in Kenya, Ilhan Omar on Thursday became the first member of the US Congress to wear a hijab.

Rules were changed to allow Omar, a Muslim sworn in on the Qur’an, to wear a religious head covering on the floor of the House. There had been a 181-year ban on headwear of any type in the chamber.

“No one puts a scarf on my head but me,” she tweeted last November. “It’s my choice – one protected by the first amendment. And this is not the last ban I’m going to work to lift.”

Ilhan Omar, a Democratic representative from Minnesota, with Nancy Pelosi. Photograph: Erik S Lesser/EPA
Omar, a Democrat, was part of a historically diverse freshman class in the 116th Congress sworn in amid cheers and jubilation. The House now has a record 102 women and a new generation of Muslims, Latinos, Native Americans and African Americans, more closely resembling the US population and set to take on Donald Trump in a new era of divided government. But on the Republican side, the House still consists mostly of white men.

Soma zaidi: 'My choice': Ilhan Omar becomes first to wear hijab in US Congress

Update 2:

Alhamdulilah, shecant stand stand that naked in Saudi Arabia..US economy is mainly from selling and Consuming Pork products.VIVA USA
The whole world was like that 600 years after Jesus because all his disciples "forsook him and fled".

Now you have around 1.5 billion Muslims around the world following and supporting Jesus' teachings to the dot.

What are you waiting for?

Alhamdulilah, shecant stand stand that naked in Saudi Arabia..US economy is mainly from selling and Consuming Pork products.VIVA USA

Na mimi nategemea mkristu mmoja awe mbunge saudia maana lebanon baada ya vita ya kidini kuisha bila mshindi sasa ni heshima maana leo akiwa mkristu kesho mwislamu. Sio kule Canada ambapo waislam walitaka mamlaka zikataze kuwalisha watoto wao ngurume ila nilimpenda yule Gavana alipowaambia waende kwenye nchi za waislam

Ila hao wamama kwa nini hawajavaa burka

The whole world was like that 600 years after Jesus because all his disciples "forsook him and fled".

Now you have around 1.5 billion Muslims around the world following and supporting Jesus' teachings to the dot.

Faiza. I respect your belief 100% and I respect you and I love you.
Dont be offended.
Much respect

Taqya...

Shule ulienda kusomea ujinga? Mbona umeandika kingeleza kibovu hivyo bibi yetu

Back
Top Bottom