Formula 1® Grand Prix special thread

Huyu Button nimeshamzoea,anyway hongera zake. Ferrari pia mmefanya vizuri,safi Kibs. McLaren hoi na mwaka mbaya kwao, no hopes wala nini.. Na hizo barabara za Monaco mmh!Pole yake Nakajima,sijui kapata point..

Mbu.
Indeed Brawn wameweza kufanya vizuri, lakini Ferrari wametoa onyo leo, raundi ya saba Brawn wakae wakijua Ferrari imerudi!

...raundi ya saba wapi? Silverstone? huu mwaka mbaya mbaya tu..ila kama unavyosema angalau Ferrari wameanza ku catch up, Maclaren hoi!...

gari ya langa langa (F1) ni sensitive sana kiasi kwamba kinachofanya Brawn kuwika ingekuwa ni gari zetu za uswahili hakuna ambaye angebaini tofauti.

Monaco race analysis - Ferrari rising to Brawn challenge

Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen, P3
Felipe Massa, P4
This was Ferrari’s most convincing showing since Brazil last year. Raikkonen gave them their first front-row start of the season, and their first podium, and at one stage in the middle of the race the pair of them were flying on Bridgestone’s soft rubber. Crucially, they couldn’t use the super softs at the start, which Brawn could. That was what cost them their chance. That, and Raikkonen starting on the dirty side of the grid and not really being able to capitalise on his KERS, and Massa outfoxing himself in the chicane early on when fighting for fourth with Vettel, then having Rosberg muscle past for a while as he handed the place back to the Red Bull driver. 11 points were very welcome here.

Q: Kimi, a great return to form for Ferrari. Talk about being beaten off the line by Rubens and then your day thereafter.
Kimi Raikkonen:
Yeah, it is not the first time when I have been in second place and always lose one position. The start seems to be very slippery on that side plus they were on the softer tyres, so it definitely helped at the start. It was not nice to see as we were faster than Rubens but there was no way past him. We lost a lot of time at the beginning and that was the only chance to try and stay behind Jenson. Then I had a little bit longer second stint. I don’t know what happened at the pit stop but we lost a lot of time and Rubens was still a long way ahead of me when I came out. We still have work to do to be where we want to be and fight for the first place. But many small things changed this weekend as yesterday being first place probably would have given us a better chance.

We need to be happy after a very difficult start to the season. The people have been working very hard at the factory and here at the circuit, so we improved the car very quickly once we realised we can do something different with the rules. We need to be very happy with what we achieved today.

Third and fourth is not bad. We should get some new package again for next race and it should help. I am disappointed, definitely, but in this situation we need to be a bit happier. I am not happy with third place but for the team it is still a good result.

l3823847.jpg

4. Felipe Massa (Ferrari): "I am very happy with today's performance. The car was very competitive: it's clear we are on the way up and hopefully we can soon be back to fighting for the win... We still lack a bit of aerodynamic downforce to be up with the Brawns, but it is too early to claim to be the second best team in the championship. What is sure is that we are working well and I am sure we will see further results of that soon."

TURKISH GP:
Vettel beats Button to grab pole

_45877367_vettelrubsitinbuttonsfacera.jpg

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel snatched pole position in a thrilling finale to qualifying for the Turkish Grand Prix.

The 21-year-old German pulled out a scorching lap of one minute 28.316 seconds to seize top spot with seconds remaining at the Istanbul Park circuit.
Championship leader Jenson Button was second fastest ahead of his Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello in third.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton failed to make it through the first qualifying session for only the second time in his career.

Vettel's Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber was fourth fastest while Toyota's Jarno Trulli will start Sunday's race from fifth on the grid.

The Ferrari's of Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen set the sixth and seventh fastest laps.

Renault's Fernando Alonso starts eighth while Nico Rosberg's Williams lines up alongside the BMW Sauber of Robert Kubica on the fifth row of the grid.

In a breathless conclusion to the session the coveted pole position changed hands three times as Webber, then Button and then finally Vettel posted the quickest laps time.

Sunday's race will be the fifth Turkish Grand Prix and the man on pole has won each of the four previous meetings.

It is Vettel's second pole position of the season, the Red Bull man started from the front in China and became the only man to beat Jenson Button to the chequered flag this season.

"I'm very pleased, we've been pushing hard for the last few qualifying sessions, and finally we made it," said Vettel, who was forced out of Friday's second practice session after just four laps.

"We had an engine failure yesterday, so we were not able to do a lot of laps, but I still had a good feeling about today.
"It's been a great job in the factory - some of the parts arrived at the last minute so it was quite an effort to fix them to the car, but they worked." he added.
Button had complained about the balance of his Brawn after Friday's practice sessions but the championship leader seemed far happier with it after qualifying second.

"With some changes to the set-up and with the wind calmed down, the car seemed to respond better today.

"It's nice to be on the front row and it's a great place to start from tomorrow" said the 29-year-old Englishman.

Source: BBCSPORTS: F1

TURKISH GP - Results
  • Jenson Button
  • Mark Webber
  • Sebastian Vettel

TURKISH GP - Results
  • Jenson Button
  • Mark Webber
  • Sebastian Vettel

...:D haki ya mungu, hawa miaka nenda miaka rudi walikuwa wanashika nafasi za kumi... Mwaka huu 2009 ama kweli ni mwaka wa vibonde, wozzzup kina Ferrari, Maclaren, Renault? duuuuh!

Sasa Macho UK..! Huko naona Jenson atafanya kufuru, huku Barrichello akidai ndio ataanza kushinda F1 kwa mwaka huu. Safari bado sana kwa Ferrari kuwabana Brawn

FERRARI,should now concentrate on next years car,this season i dont see it happening.Na hii F1 whats happening ,it has become boring no overtaking,no pit stop heroics,it has just become a procession-we miss the bad boy schumacher

F1 teams granted entry for 2010

_45908199_startbody466.jpg

All 10 current Formula 1 teams have been included on the list of entrants for the 2010 season, though five of those are on a conditional basis.

Brawn GP, McLaren, Renault, Toyota and BMW Sauber have until 17 June to submit an unconditional entry for the season.

And Ferrari are still adamant they will not race under the planned rules as the teams and the governing body continue to row over the future of F1.
Campos Grand Prix, Manor and US F1 have been accepted as new teams next season.

However, it is still unclear which teams will be joining them on the grid as the teams and the FIA are still at odds over new budgetary and technical regulations.

Eight of the current F1 teams applied to be on the grid for the next campaign on the basis that plans to implement a £40m budget cap were altered or waived, unlike Williams and Force India, whose applications were unconditional.

More detail at BBC SPORTS F1

F1 faces split as eight teams break away
Eurosport - Fri, 19 Jun 09:07:00 2009

Formula One plunged into its biggest crisis in 60 years with eight of the 10 teams announcing plans to set up their own championship.
The teams association FOTA said BMW-Sauber, Brawn, Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull, Renault, Toro Rosso and Toyota were united in a decision that would split the sport in two if carried through.

"The teams cannot continue to compromise on the fundamental values of the sport and have declined to alter their original conditional entries to the 2010 world championship," said a statement.

"These teams therefore have no alternative other than to commence the preparation for a new championship which reflects the values of its participants and partners."

The governing FIA had set a Friday deadline for teams to make their entries unconditional or risk exclusion in favour of would-be new competitors.

The eight FOTA teams had submitted entries conditional on the 2010 rules, which include a controversial budget cap, being rewritten and the signing of a new commercial agreement governing the sport.

Attempts by both sides to reach a compromise failed, with the FIA accusing teams earlier in the week of wanting to take over the sport.

FOTA said their new series would encourage more entrants, listen to the wishes of fans and have transparent governance.

The teams, who are due to race in the British Grand Prix on Sunday, also promised "lower prices for spectators worldwide, partners and other important stakeholders.

"The major drivers, stars, brands, sponsors, promoters and companies historically associated with the highest level of motorsport will all feature in this new series," it added.

There was no immediate comment from the FIA or Formula One's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Former champions Williams and Force India have already committed unconditionally to the FIA's world championship along with three new entrants - Campos, US F1 and Manor - who have yet to build any grand prix cars.

The FIA has put another group of applicants on hold pending the outcome of talks with existing teams although one would-be new entrant, chassis maker Lola, has already withdrawn its application.

It remains to be seen whether the new entrants, who have all agreed to race with a £40 million budget cap, will still be willing to commit to a series without glamour teams such as Ferrari and McLaren.

The stage is also set for a legal battle, with the FIA saying champions Ferrari and the two Red Bull teams have contracts that commit them to the existing championship.

Sponsorship and broadcast deals will also come under scrutiny with television networks facing the loss of the big name teams and drivers that bring in the viewers.

The eight FOTA members met at Renault's Enstone headquarters on Thursday evening after receiving letters from FIA President Max Mosley urging them to drop their conditions and sign up.

Their statement accused the FIA and Ecclestone, who represents commercial rights holder CVC, of trying to divide them.

"The wishes of the majority of the teams are ignored," the statement said. "Furthermore, tens of millions of dollars have been withheld from many teams by the commercial rights holder, going back as far as 2006.

"Despite this, and the uncompromising environment, FOTA has genuinely sought compromise."

FOTA will have plenty of options when it comes to drawing up a calendar, with Formula One having discarded several European and American venues in recent years in favour of lavish new facilities in the Middle East and Asia.

Silverstone, which hosted the first championship race in 1950, will join that list after Sunday.

Reuters

British Grand Prix: Vettel on pole as Button stutters

_45952505_007523450-1.jpg

Sebastian Vettel secured pole for the British Grand Prix in his updated Red Bull car as Brawn's championship leader Jenson Button struggled to land sixth.
Vettel edged Button's team-mate Rubens Barrichello into second and his own team-mate Mark Webber into third with a time of one minute 19.509 seconds.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli will start Sunday's Silverstone race in fourth ahead of Williams's Kazuki Nakajimi.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton is 19th, the worst qualifying result of his career.
Button suffered the worst qualifying result of his season, complaining later about low grip through the last complex - "I felt like I was skating around" - and he starts on the third row with Williams driver Nico Rosberg in seventh and Toyota's Timo Glock in eighth.

More at BBC SPORTS F1

British Grand Prix: Vettel romps to Silverstone win

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel scored a crushing victory in the British Grand Prix as championship leader Jenson Button's Brawn struggled to sixth.

Vettel took advantage of his team-mate Mark Webber being caught behind Brawn's Rubens Barrichello to build a decisive lead in the first stint of the race.

Webber passed Barrichello at the first pit stops to complete a Red Bull one-two ahead of the Brawn driver in third.

Last year's winner Lewis Hamilton was 16th in a car he said had "no grip".
Felipe Massa's Ferrari was fourth after winning a battle with the Williams of Nico Rosberg. Behind Button, Toyota's Jarno Trulli and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen took the final points positions in seventh and eighth.

We can really mount a championship challenge from here
Red Bull's Christian Horner

The result leaves Button with a reduced but still substantial championship lead of 23 points over Barrichello, with Vettel two further points adrift and 3.5 ahead of Webber.

Button's advantage is still more than two clear victories but, with more than half the season still to go, he will be concerned by the startling pace shown by Red Bull, who introduced a major upgrade to their car and were in a league of their own throughout the weekend at Silverstone.

"It was a completely seamless race by both drivers and they completely dominated it," said Red Bull team boss Christian Horner.

"We can really mount a championship challenge from here."

Brawn's potential was reduced by the low temperatures in Northamptonshire - both Button and Barrichello struggled to get their tyres up to the temperature at which they give their optimum grip.

That put the season's dominant team back into the battle with Williams, Toyota and Ferrari behind the leaders - a position from which they did well to finish third and sixth.

Red Bull, by contrast, had looked strong favourites as soon as their updated RB5 car showed its pace in practice in Friday.

Vettel was on pole by more than half a second and he made the most of the fact that Webber, after a frustrating qualifying session, was stuck behind Barrichello on the grid and could not pass him in the opening laps.

The German rising star, 21, pulled away by about a second a lap over the first stint, and was nearly 20 seconds in front of Barrichello by the time the Brazilian became the first of the top three to stop on lap 19.

"It's never easy it's a long race - you have to stay focused and keep your eyes open all the time," said Vettel.

"The start was very important and in the first stint I tried to push as hard as I could and make a gap.

"That worked perfectly and I had a fantastic car. The tyres were fantastic as well. This was a step in the right direction."

Webber, who spent the first stint less than a second behind the Brawn, came in on the next lap, and made up enough time to exit the pits just ahead of Barrichello.

From that moment, a Red Bull one-two was locked on barring any unforeseen misfortune.

Barrichello found himself holding off the Williams of Nico Rosberg and Felipe Massa's Ferrari - a battle he won by staying out for a couple of extra laps before his final stop and rejoining with a comfortable advantage.

Massa jumped Rosberg at their final stops and in the closing laps they found themselves coming under increasing pressure from Button.

Brawn had decided to save a set of the quicker softer tyres until the final stint, when both Massa and Rosberg were on the harder and slower of the two tyre compounds teams are obliged to use in the race.

That meant Button was much faster than the Ferrari and Williams in the final few laps. The home crowd cheered him on, but although the Englishman closed in on them he was unable to pass.

"I didn't know what was going happen today," he told BBC Sport.

Hamilton and Alonso do battle down the field

"I had good pace when I was on the soft tyres. The pace in the last stint compared to Rosberg and Massa was magnificent. But I had nowhere to go at the start. Everybody shot by on the outside. It is down to [our] tyre temperatures today."

World champion Hamilton - now 11th in the 2009 drivers' championship - started the race in 19th and, after a brief but engaging battle with Renault's two-time former world champion Fernando Alonso, finished 16th.

"I was pushing all the way and I the most important thing for me today was to give something to the fans," he said. "All I could do was try my best.

"This has been the best race in terms of the crowd for a long time in F1. I enjoyed it because of the fans and they gave me so much energy today, regardless of how bad we are doing."

Webber takes maiden win despite penalty

Eurosport - Sun, 12 Jul 16:57:00 2009

Mark Webber became the first Australian for 29 years to win a Formula One grand prix as Red Bull took a one-two with Sebastian Vettel second at the Nurburgring in Germany.
5df94aff27322e529090bc4d5e39ef18.jpg
More Stories

Pole sitter Webber won by a comfortable nine seconds from the home driver despite serving a drive-through penalty for an incident with Rubens Barrichello at the first corner.
Felipe Massa was third in the Ferrari ahead of Williams' Nico Rosberg, with the Brawns of Jenson Button and Barrichello following and Fernando Alonso (Renault) and Heikki Kovalainen (McLaren) completing the points positions.
Webber and Vettel are now ahead of Barrichello in the drivers' standings, with Vettel only 1.5 points clear of his colleague and 21 behind leader Button.
The start provided thrills and spills as Lewis Hamilton charged from fifth to first heading into turn one but picked up a puncture on the way through after one of his rear tyres clipped Webber's RB5.
The McLaren man, sporting fresh bodywork and an impressive new double diffuser this weekend, had looked ready to challenge for the podium but after running wide of the right-hander and coming back into the fray was forced to trundle round for an immediate pitstop.
Webber had moved sideways to block off a quick Barrichello and collided with the Brawn - with no damage to either car - before having to concede P1. The incident was soon investigated and a penalty issued.
Finn Kovalainen, not blessed with the new car at Hamilton's disposal, had fought his way up the other side of the track from sixth to third ahead of Massa.
Button soon passed Massa only to come up against the slower McLaren, which over the opening laps held up the traffic as the front two sped away. Vettel was stuck in sixth after a slow start.
After 13 laps of the 60-lap race Button pitted due to graining on his tyres, while a similarly-suffering Barrichello came in on the next lap, Webber choosing that moment to follow him in and serve his penalty.
Four laps later Webber was called in and re-emerged ahead of Button, and with Massa temporarily leading and holding up Barrichello, he gained plenty of time on the frustrated Brazilian.
Massa did not pit until the 25th lap, with Webber having carved around two seconds a lap out of his 'lead'; when everyone had stopped Webber was only eight seconds behind and charging.
Adrian Sutil, racing with the front-runners, came out of the pitlane and collided with Raikkonen, breaking off part of his rear wing which had to be replaced on the following lap - costing him a chance of taking Force India's first points.
The Finn, who later retired with an engine problem - Sebastien Buemi having already limped out in possibly his final race with Toro Rosso - faces a post-race investigation by race stewards.
With less than 30 laps remaining Webber fought his way to within a second of Barrichello, with Button third.
The Brawns were again suffering from tyre degradation and Barrichello came in for a second time; a problem with the fuelling rig meant they had to use the reserve, the stop lasting 11 seconds.
Worse was to come: when the driver got on the radio to check that he had changed to a two-stop strategy, he was told by his team he was still on a three-stopper, likewise Button.
Seventeen laps from the finish, and with growing excitement in the Red Bull garage, Webber stopped cleanly and rejoined behind Vettel and in front of Massa, who had been looking to pass the youngster for a while.
The two cars soon pitted themselves and after the final stops moved second-placed Nico Rosberg and the Brawns out of the way, the top three coasted to their podium finishes.
It marked the first race win for an Australian in F1 since former world champion Alan Jones took victory in Las Vegas in 1981.
Alonso was in form in the last laps, threatening to pass the Brawns, but had to hold off while Kovalainen took an impressive eighth spot.
Toyota's Timo Glock, who started from the pitlane after an incident in qualifying, did brilliantly to battle for points but dropped off in the latter stages, squeezing home ahead of a tight pack consisting of Nick Heidfeld (BMW), Giancarlo Fisichella (Force India) and Kazuki Nakajima (Williams).
Behind them were Nelson Piquet Jr (Renault), Robert Kubica (BMW), Sutil, Sebastien Buemi (Toro Rosso), Jarno Trulli (Toyota) and Hamilton.
Jonathan Symcox / Eurosport