Fake TUC Claim

But Mr. Moshi, (and proceedig from your above statement), would you really publish a so-called "booklet" in challenge of the existence of "Allah" in today's Tanzania? I think not. Last time I checked, "The Satanic Verses" was still on the banned list of publications in Tanzania.

Ndjabu, where can I see the list of banned publications? Thanks

i'm afraid that's not a list of books banned by the government (meaning URT) - just a secondary reference to one book (verses) being banned in Tz. Where is the list? Who maintains it? How can it be accessed?

Yes, but its still a list, and as far as I'm concerned it does serve the purpose of illustrating my point.

However, if you require a comprehensive list of banned publications in Tanzania, then I'm afraid you'll need to contact the appropriate Government Ministry/Department.

Juzi Msemakweli wakati anaongea na waandishi wa habari alionyesha barua kutoka TCU iliyomuonyesha kwamba vyeti vyuo vya akina nchimbi na wenzake havitambuliki.

Mkuu jaribu kuwa unasoma magazeti yote usisome uhuru na mzalendo tu.

ndio maana niliuliza swali mwanzoni..............hawa TCU wanataka kuwachanganya wananchi...........ili kuonyesha hamna tatizo kutoka kwa majambazi wa elimu

This Chemistry Professor ..Nkunya and his crew miss a point. We live in a global village. Nkunya might be the head of TCU with educational information within Tanzania but not beyond the boundaries of our country. Wewe kama unasema kwamba un degree ya Pacific University, kuna kosa gani kama muhusika kaenda any accreditation body ya US kuulizia authenticity ya hiyo degree? Hivi jamani kwa nini watu watuone kwamba bado tunaishi enzi za ujima? This Nkunya man..yaani anachefua..yaani unashindwa kuelewa kwamba information siku hizi zipo online bure? Ama kweli this dude is simply ignorant.

Kwa wale mliozea vya short cut-be warned! Siku hizi ukisema umesoma chuo gani..hata Google..watatoa jibu. Infact kwa mtu yeyote mwenye haja ya kujua elimu ya mtu..hana haja ya kwenda TCU. He will simply go to to the website ya chuo husika..na kama hakuna..ataandika barua sehemu husika na atapewa majibu.

Kazi ya Nkunya na Commission yake ni kuregulate education ya TANZANIA siyo kutwambia kwamba hatuna haki ya kuhoji uhalali wa degree ya mtu. As long as you are paid from public coffers using your education as justification, we have a right to know (and at times question!)..where you got that education! Hizi "diploma mills" ndo zinatuletea mediocre people! in the name of professors and doctors. Unless utwambie kwamba..Tanzania we got no standards za education. Kwamba "university" inaweza isitambuliwe..nchi husika..ikatambuliwa TANZANIA..after all we are Africans..meant for mediocre things..so they say.

Kuhusu huyo Msemakweli, I dont know much about him. But hata kama kaandika "booklet" sioni taabu yoyote na hilo. Hivi kama kweli umekamata nondo yako chuo makini, kwanini uwe na wasiwasi? If I wrote my PhD say...Cambridge..Do you really think Msemakweli ataninyima usingizi na "booklet yake"? The answer is No! Ofcourse Nchimbi`s and co. lazima waogope..maana jamaa anaraise some valid questions. TATIZO ni kwamba tunaishi ulimwengu ambao information imekuwa rahisi mno kupatikana. na viongozi wetu they havent come to grip with this. The sooner the better.

Kama Nchimbi ana degree from a credible university, kwa nini amuogope Msemakweli? Tanzania yetu jamani..kweli ina vituko!

They simply can not keep na pace ya this dynamic information technology world.........they simply can't..........
na hiyo haishii hapo tu hata kwa wanasiasa wetu.........wanaishia kufanya UJAMBAZI kwani they can not keepwith/face the challenges............halafu wanaishia kufanya kama hapa below................
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88E0TYijc5I[/ame]

Namshukuru Mwita kwa masahihisho: ni TCU, sio TUC. Shukrani.

Huu ni mwaka wa uchaguzi. Akina Nchimbi wameogopa sana hiki kitabu cha Msemakweli. Kinauzwa 3,000/=, kwa hivyo kinaweza kuwafikia wapiga kura wengi sana. Hawa vihiyo walitishia kumfikisha Msemakweli mahakamani lakini baada ya kufikiria wakajua njia hiyo ingewaumbua sana.

Nadhani wametapatapa hata kumfikia Nkunya. Wanadhani labda Nkunya ataweza kuwasaidia kumthibiti Msemakweli, na kukataza watu kuzungumzia utapeli wao.

Nkunya usikubali kutumiwa na watu wanaodanganya umma. Ona sasa na wewe umekuwa mdanganyifu. Unadanganya umma kwamba ni wewe tu Tanzania nzima ndiye mwenye haki ya kuulizia uhalali wa vyeti vya elimu. Yaani unataka kusema hata waajiri wanavunja sheria wakihoji vyeti vya wafanyakazi wao?

Ni kulewa madaraka kwa kiasi gani kumekufanya uthubutu kusema hata Spika amevunja sheria kwa kuhoji usahihi wa vyeti anavyopewa?

The entire Universities Act, No. 7 of 2005 can be found at the following website.

http://planipolis.iiep.unesco.org/upload/Tanzania%20UR/Tanzania_Universities_Act_2005.pdf

Part II of the Act is about the TCU. The fuctions of the TCU, as they appear in that part, are fully reproduced below. As you can all see, there is nothing there that says that only the TCU can question academic qualifications. Why is the good professor protecting corrupt politicians?

=============================================
5.-(1) The functions of the Commission shall be:

(a) to advise the Minister on any aspect or matter of University education;

(b) to audit, on a regular basis, the quality assurance mechanisms of universities;

(c) to provide guidance and monitor-
(i) criteria for student admission to universities in the United Republic;

(ii) proposals of outlines of academic programmes or syllabi and general regulations of
curriculum submitted to the Commission by universities;
(iii) the long-term planning, staff development, scholarship and physical development
strategies and programmes of universities;

(iv) recurrent and development budgets for public universities;

(d) to collect, examine, store in data-base or data-bank and publish information relating
to higher education, research and consultancy;

(e) to consider and make recommendations to the Minister regarding the upgrading or
downgrading of the status of a university;

(f) to establish transfer procedures for university students who wish to be transferred
from one university to another and from one programme to another;

(g) to levy fees or any other form of charge for specific services,facilities and documents
rendered or supplied to institutions;

(h) to monitor and regulate general management and performance of universities;

(i) to oversee the provision by universities of essential resources for the needs of their
current academic programmes and related functions;

(j) to promote -
(i) the objectives of higher education, in particular, the development, processing, storage and dissemination of knowledge for the benefit of humanity and the harnessing knowledge for the production of usable goods and services;
(ii) quality assurance in higher education;
(iii) noble ideals of national unity and identity in universities;
(iv) gender equality, balance and equity; and
(v) cooperation and net-working among universities within and outside the United
Republic;

(k) to consider applications from persons, companies, or organizations seeking to establish universities or programmes in the United Republic and make recommendations to the Minister;

(l) to set standards, accredit and register all universities;

(m) to regulate and standardize-
(i) promotion criteria, designations and titles of academic and senior administrative staff,
(ii) schemes with standard criteria for broadening of opportunities for persons in disadvantaged groups to secure sponsorship for higher education and to acquire requisite academic criteria for admission to universities;

(n) to standardize, recognize and equate degrees, diplomas and certificates conferred or awarded by foreign institutions and local institutions;

(o) to establish and maintain a qualifications framework for universities;

(p) to take part in establishing and maintaining a national qualification framework for universities

(q) to solicit for and distribute funds among universities; and

(r) to do all such other acts and things as are provided for to be done by the Commission under this Act or any other written law.

(2) The Minister shall, after receiving advice under paragraph (a) of subsection (l)-

(a) consider and take into account the advice of the Commission; or
(b) if he does not accept the advice provide reasons in writing to the Commission within
a period not exceeding three months.

(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2) the Minister may act without the advice of the Commission if -

(a) the matter before him is urgent; or

(b) the Commission has failed to provide the advice within the
period as may be required by the Minister.

(4) Where the Minister decides to act without the advice of the Commission, he shall notify the Commission and provide reasons in writing for such action.

6.-(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act no institution resident in the United Republic of Tanzania shall commence or carry on university education operations, activities or functions unless the institution-

(a) is given statutory authority;

(b) is accredited and its programmes or courses of study are approved in accordance with
its enabling statutory provisions;

(c) is approved by the Commission in accordance with the provisions of this Act.

(2) The procedure for accreditation of a university or approval under subsection (1) shall be as may be prescribed.

7. The Commission shall have power to require a university to conduct a self-study and academic audit covering the institution in general and the programmes and awards of the institution in particular and prepare and submit the report in the manner as may be prescribed.

8.- (l) Without prejudice to any other written law, the Commission shall have power to demand professional opinion or such information from any higher education institution when considering courses of study or programmes, self-study reports or any other matter in the exercise of its powers and performance of its functions provided for under this Act.

(2) A higher education institution from which opinion or information is demanded shall advise the Commission through an evaluation report on the course of study and programme or the self-study or academic audit concerning a specific institution, programme or award.

(3) A higher education institution which -
(a) fails without reasonable cause to provide professional opinion or information as demanded by the Commission; or
(b) knowingly provides wrong, false or invalid opinion or information to the Commission

constitutes an offence on the part of the officer incharge of the defaulting institution and is liable to a fine of shillings 1,000,000/=.

Guys, we have big problem not only for leaders but in our society as a whole. The big question is how to solve the problem. We should not by anyway endorse what Msemakweli did! that was wrong.

If we live by principles and principles alone, not by double standard then those guys are thiefs(after proven)! and what Msemakweli did is

1211608669_anaunguamotoweb.jpg

Kindly let some of you guys tell me, shall every one take a matter at hand. simply because government is doing nothing.

just for discussion

Waberoya,

What is wrong with what Msemakweli did? You seem to imply that he took the law into his own hands. Are you saying that whoever criticizes the wrongdoings of others is “taking the law into his hands”?

It is my considered opinion that Msemakweli acted very courageously. Do you not know that if left to its own devices, the government of Tanzania will not act on anything other than to increase taxes? Msemakweli is putting pressure on the government so that it might be more cautious in its hiring practices in the future.

Waberoya,

What is wrong with what Msemakweli did? You seem to imply that he took the law into his own hands. Are you saying that whoever criticizes the wrongdoings of others is "taking the law into his hands"?

It is my considered opinion that Msemakweli acted very courageously. Do you not know that if left to its own devices, the government of Tanzania will not act on anything other than to increase taxes? Msemakweli is putting pressure on the government so that it might be more cautious in its hiring practices in the future.

Augustine my dear what was his argument?

1. Fake certificate(forgery)
2. Non accredited institutions
3.short period of time?

What standard did he use to judge them? british, germany, Tanzanian,Korea, Japanese or...

Exposing someone as he did isnt punishment for those who thinks they have genuinely got their degrees?,

in his pamplet did he specify the proper channel that someone should take to acquire degree? because that will be good for other people to follow his guidelines!

Note that, I am not by anyway yielding to those people who are having fake degrees or diploma mills. My concern is for those people who did their degrees in non accredited universities, the question of accredited and non accredited is debatable and it changes from one country to another. Because in Tz Mzumbe is not accredited University!

He did what he could because there is no government, and my earlier question focus on that view that, where there is no government people do anything, the worse is that he have opened and we are endorsing a way for many people to do anything by the very same reasons!

In his pamplet did he specify the proper channel that someone should take to acquire degree? because that will be good for other people to follow his guidelines!
He did not set out to educate them. He exposed them. And it is more than just a pamphlet. It is 39 pages long. It is perfect for the masses.

My concern is for those people who did their degrees in non accredited universities, the question of accredited and non accredited is debatable and it changes from one country to another
The people in Msemakweli's list did not "DO" their degrees. They never took subjects, attended classes, or wrote theses of any kind. They simply sent money and got certificates posted to them. There was no learning of any kind.

In Tz Mzumbe is not accredited University!

Accredited to who? If it was started by an act of parliament, then why should it need a TCU accreditation?

Where there is no government people do anything
I agree that there is a government of some kind in Tanzania. But it cannot be trusted. Is it not the one that sold our natural resources for a mere 3% of their worth? Aren't the ministers and MPs who use these fraudulent qualifications key actors of this same government?

The people in Msemakweli's list did not "DO" their degrees. They never took subjects, attended classes, or wrote theses of any kind. sent money and got certificates posted to them. There was no learning of any They simply kind.

If you are sure of what you are writing here, then I lest my case it seems I have been getting wrong information. That is crime and they deserve more than that!!!

Accredited to who? If it was started by an act of parliament, then why should it need a TCU accreditation?

Please never allow parliament to decide things that involve education, accreditation follows after an extensive evaluation.Let those people in the house sleep.

I agree that there is a government of some kind in Tanzania. But it cannot be trusted. Is it not the one that sold our natural resources for a mere 3% of their worth? Aren't the ministers and MPs who use these fraudulent qualifications key actors of this same government?

Mmh! in this case again I am with you, I have never said we should trust government rather I pointed out that what Msemakweli did is a sign that some people if not all, are sleeping in the government

My discussion was only in the issues of accreditation if those guys they did as you said than I agree with you

If I was Nkunya and TUC I would not bother to react to the booklet unless Msemakweli contacted us for his concerns. Alichofanya Nkunya ni kujibu maneno ya kijiweni. Msemakweli kwa kujua kuwa Tanzania is free for all kufanya au kuuza kitu chochote, kaandika kijarida chake akakaingiza sokoni na watu wananunua. Hana tofauti na wale waganga wanaotangaza nguvu za kiume na kadhalika kwa kutumia mabango ya vitambaa ambayo utayakuta ama darajani selander au pale njia panda ya kawawa na uhuru roads mbele ya ofisi ya Mkuu wa Mkoa!!

I am aware of one Alfred Ngotezi, a reknown journalist who took a lot of pains to crosscheck vyeti vya mbunge wa Buchosa, Honourable Chitalilo by literally travelling to Uganda to confirm if indeed the Honourable graduated from those institutions. He came back with documentary evidence which proved his allegations against the Honourable MP.

If I was Nkunya and TUC I would not bother to react to the booklet unless Msemakweli contacted us for his concerns. Alichofanya Nkunya ni kujibu maneno ya kijiweni. Msemakweli kwa kujua kuwa Tanzania is free for all kufanya au kuuza kitu chochote, kaandika kijarida chake akakaingiza sokoni na watu wananunua. Hana tofauti na wale waganga wanaotangaza nguvu za kiume na kadhalika kwa kutumia mabango ya vitambaa ambayo utayakuta ama darajani selander au pale njia panda ya kawawa na uhuru roads mbele ya ofisi ya Mkuu wa Mkoa!!

I am aware of one Alfred Ngotezi, a reknown journalist who took a lot of pains to crosscheck vyeti vya mbunge wa Buchosa, Honourable Chitalilo by literally travelling to Uganda to confirm if indeed the Honourable graduated from those institutions. He came back with documentary evidence which proved his allegations against the Honourable MP.
If this the case, then this is what we need to do, WE HAVE TO PROVE HIM WRONG.................... na siyo kuanza kusema kuwa ni maneno ya mtaani......... DO YOU REMEMBER KIHIYO.................??? UMESHAWAHI KUTEMBELEA WEBSITE YA BUNGE LA TZ NA UKAONA KILICHOANDIKWA HUMO JUU YA HAO WATU..........??? chunguza mjomba utabaini.....

HAYA DIALO NAYE KASEMA HATAPELEKA VYETI VYAKE TCU.........KISA ............TCU SIYO MWAJILI WAKE........... nashangaa...hivi hata huyo mwajili ataenda wapi kupruvu validity ya certificate zake......???? kama siyo huko huko...........

If this the case, then this is what we need to do, WE HAVE TO PROVE HIM WRONG.................... na siyo kuanza kusema kuwa ni maneno ya mtaani......... DO YOU REMEMBER KIHIYO.................??? UMESHAWAHI KUTEMBELEA WEBSITE YA BUNGE LA TZ NA UKAONA KILICHOANDIKWA HUMO JUU YA HAO WATU..........??? chunguza mjomba utabaini.....

HAYA DIALO NAYE KASEMA HATAPELEKA VYETI VYAKE TCU.........KISA ............TCU SIYO MWAJILI WAKE........... nashangaa...hivi hata huyo mwajili ataenda wapi kupruvu validity ya certificate zake......???? kama siyo huko huko...........
Tanzania zaidi ya ujuavyo. yano huyo Diallo ndo anachekesha kabisa bora angenyamaza.

Let me seriously congratulating Mr. Msemakweli for being proactive. Huyu boss wa TCU alikuwa wapi wakati malalamiko ya vyeti fake yakitolewa kwani hayajaanza leo. Udanganifu katika elimu ni serious crime kama ilivyo ujambazi kwani madhara yake ni makubwa lakini yasiyoonekana kirahisi. Take an example of medical doctor holding a fake certificate prescribing a wrong medicine to a very sick person resulting into a death of that patient. Hii ina tofauti gani na jambazi anayeua kwa bastola. Kwa hiyo namuunga mkono msema kweli na asiishie kwa wanasiasa tu aende kwenye discipline zote za kazi kwani wapo wengi.

Back
Top Bottom