Do you think people should start using Solar Power?

Oct 21, 2008
There is a big power problem in the country, the Government recently announced that the national electricity supplier (TANESCO) is not able to meet the demand of power in the country. Do you think it is time for Tanzanians to start adressing this issue by using alternative sources of Energy say, Solar power? Because it fairs well in our climate and we enjoy a lot of sunshine. Dont you think that people in the Rural areas should start using solar or wind power? I know that the initial installing costs are high for these energy sources but it is well worth it in the long-run, you end up saving a lot. Let us not rely on TANESCO and the government alone, it is time for us to be innovative. What do you say regarding this critical matter?

Ni muhimu tuanze kutumia solar,ingawa ni gharama mwanzoni lakini nafikiri inafaida kubwa baadaye ,kwani unakuwa huna wasiwasi wa mgawo.Nimesikia kuna mzungu mmoja Msasani haijui Tanesco wala Dawasco kwani anatumia solar na anavuna maji ya mvua kajenga tanki kubwa ambalo kwake yeye linamtosheleza.
Muhimu ni kuangalia waagizaji wa vifaa vya solar kutoa elimu kwa umma na serikali iondoe kodi ya hivyo vifaa vinapoletwa toka nje ,ili sisi akina kapuku tuweze kununua.

Kutumia umeme wa jua mwaka wa kwanza ni gharama lakini baada ya hapo gharama zinapungua sana na katika nchi nyingine watumiaji wa umeme wa jua hulipwa na mashirika ya umeme ya states/provinces etc zao kwani umeme mwingi unaozalishwa na wao na ambao hawauhitaji huweza kusambazwa kwa watumiaji wengine.

Je, TANESCO itakuwa tayari kumlipa mtumiaji ambaye umeme wake wa jua unarudishwa TANESCO ili usambazwe kwa watumiaji wengine?

....its time na serikali iondoe kodi zote za solar power na ikibidi encouraging research & production ifanyike nchini maana ni very simple technology na material yake yanapatikana TZ,ila kuna hii heartbreaking story ya ARTUMAS POWER iko Mtwara,hawa jamaa wana uwezo wakuzalisha 400MW from gas lakini hawaruhusiwi kwa sababu Tanesco wamesema hawahitaji huo umeme,wakisema wasambaze wenyewe hawaruhusiwi na sheria, basi wamebaki kuzalisha 35MW ambazo Tanesco ndio walisema wanahitaji lakini juzi walikuwa wanalalamika hata hizo 35MW tanesco hawanunui zote eti mahitaji yako chini na sasa wanataka kufunga operation zao na sasa jamaa wameamua kuhamishia biashara kwenye liquified compressed gas exporting to Kenya & Uganda,na Mtwara yote itakosa umeme au kurudi kwenye oil power(dirty,unreliable & very expensive),kwanini hatuna umeme na migawo kila siku huku just one company ina uwezo wa kuzalisha 400MW hairuhusiwi kuuza au kusambaza kwenye market mpaka wapitie Tanesco? hatuna shida ya umeme ni upuuzi tuu ndio unatusumbua,Sothern Tanzania ni very strategy area kwa uchumi wetu,wana bandari,kuna cement material ambayo ndio backbone ya construction industry ya nchi yeyote na kuna hawa dankonte group wanataka kufungua cement plant kubwa kuliko wazo lakini bila umeme sijui,kuna wahindi wanafungua fertillizer plant inayozidi mahitaji ya wananchi lakini bila umeme watakimbia...yule waziri wa Nishati sijui kama ana idea yeyote ya kumaliza tatizo la umeme zaidi ya kugombana na vikampuni uchwara kama dowans ambavyo alitakiwa awaachie watu wa system(sheria) wadeal nao sio yeye,we dont deserve huu umaskini maana tuna kila kitu tumekosa smart tuu!

watafute alternative sources za umeme kama vyanzo vingine vya maji, Mfano kuna Stiegler George ina uwezo wa kuzalisha kati ya MW 2100 Mpaka MW 9000, sasa kwa nini tusindeleze hili, pia tutafute njia ya kuya-cycle maji haya yasipotee bure na mabwawa kubakia makavu wakati wa kiangazi...

Tutumiea pia nyuklia kama riport ya Peter K Msaki wa chuo kikuu cha Dar inavyojadili na kupatikana hapa
[media]http://www.wcpsd.org/posters/environment/Msaki_1.pdf[/media] .

solar power ni Ghali mno hata labda kama serikali itatoa mikopo ya bei na masharti nafuu kwa wananchi wa vijijini kuchukua mahsusi kwa ajili ya solar.

Do I think people should use solar power? You bet I do! But does it make any difference? I hate bills, all bills! I particularly hate power bills in a place like Tanzania where you hardly get any power!

I’d like a life without water and power bills, and I would be willing to pay for that privilege (if it doesn’t cost the earth). Is there anyone out there who would be so kind as to give me some idea of just what kind of money I’d need to fix myself with my very own water and electricity?

Would an investment of $10,000 or so be enough to do the solar power part? Would it do the trick in a house with three or four bedrooms, a fridge, a freezer, a TV set, an electric iron, a computer, a stove and some ordinary lighting? In case $10,000 would not be enough for all that, then would taking out the stove make it feasible? I’d be willing to use gas for cooking if I could have everything else.

If I were to find the courage to ask that a guest wing (servant quarters to some) be included in this solar powering scheme, then how badly would the estimate blow up? Could I get off with $15,000

I cannot end without saying a thing or two about the people who have messed up our lives so much. Why can’t the CCM government do even one thing right? If Jerry Rawlings could find the resources to electrify all of Ghana then why couldn’t the CCM mob spare enough of our money to supply at least half the country with power? When will they stop eating all our power?

There is a big power problem in the country, the Government recently announced that the national electricity supplier (TANESCO) is not able to meet the demand of power in the country. Do you think it is time for Tanzanians to start adressing this issue by using alternative sources of Energy say, Solar power? Because it fairs well in our climate and we enjoy a lot of sunshine. Dont you think that people in the Rural areas should start using solar or wind power? I know that the initial installing costs are high for these energy sources but it is well worth it in the long-run, you end up saving a lot. Let us not rely on TANESCO and the government alone, it is time for us to be innovative. What do you say regarding this critical matter?

Vilevile nchi nyingi zilizoendeleza zimeweza ku-stabilize matumizi ya energy kwa kupunguza ongezeko la idadi ya watu. Hii ni fact kubwa.

Miundo mbinu ya jiji la DSM ni ya wakazi chini ya Millioni moja lakini leo zaidi ya watu millioni 4.

Why not indeed? It is high-time that those pretending to be our leaders start seriously empowering us, the youths, to engage in various research and innovative activities so that we produce tools and equipment needed in providing various goods and services in Tanzania.

One such serious area is power production. If young people in former Eastern (Communist bloc) can do this why not Tanzanian youths. We are denied that opportunity since by default all our leaders think they are our fathers and mothers and we should only opt to do what they leave us to do and not otherwise. In this way, we shall, forever, remain backward and earning a GDP per capita of less than 600 up to 2025 our NATION VISION OR LACK OF IT NOTWITHSTANDING!

Akili,

Kama usemavyo, serikali si baba, mama na mjomba. Tuangalie wenyewe namna ya kutumia solar power. Nadhani serikali imeondoa, au kupunguza, kodi kwenye vifaa vya solar power. Mwenye uhakika atujulishe tafadhali!

Wasiwasi wangu ni kuhusu hii kawaida ya kukaa kusubiri serikali ifanye kila kitu. Serikali ambayo imeshaonyesha haiwezi kufanya kitu chochote itafanyaje kila kitu?

hapa naona tumechelewa kutekeeza miradi kama hii , hasa hasa kwa matumizi ya nyumbani, kama mdau moja alivyo sema kuhusu huyo mzungu aliye weka solar yake na kuvuna maji. sema serekali nayo inatakiwa kuondoa kodi na kuagiza kwa niaba ya wananchi ili waweze kupata kwa bei nafuu, na wanapoweza kutoa mikopo watoe ili watu waweze kuweka hizo solar panel, itapunguza ukataji wa kuni, na kurahisisha familia kujisomea usiku, na kuongeza muda wa uzalishaji mali, kwani muda mwingi saana unatumika katika kutafuta nishati ya kuni ambayo pia husababisha mauaji ya vikongwe, kwani macho yao kwa sababu ya moshi huwa mekundu, hivyo kuonekana kama wachawi.

suala hili tumelijadili kwa misingi ya kuagiza vifaa vya solar kutoka ughaibuni peke yake. hivi nchi yetu hii oamoja na wasomi wengi tulio nao - ma phd, maprofesa wa uhandisi mbali mbali - hivi hatuwezi kufikiria njia ya kutengeneza hizo panels hapa hapa bongo badala ya kuagiza tu nje?
je nani kati yetu anaweza kuendeleza wazo la kutengeneza vifaa vya solar hapa kwetu?

nawasilisha.

macinkus

Hadi sasa hapo Tz upo mradi wa Tanzanian Solar Energy Association (TASEA) kwa ajili ya matumizi ya solar power. Kwa habari zao zaidi tembelea hapa

hadi sasa hapo tz upo mradi wa tanzanian solar energy association (tasea) kwa ajili ya matumizi ya solar power. Kwa habari zao zaidi tembelea hapa

nadhani mradi uliopo ni njia ya wizara kupopolea hela za wafadhili tu. Sasa tangu waanze hizo studies zao ni zaidi ya miaka mitano wanajifunza nini. Baada ya 2010 muda utaongezwa kufanya feasibility study etc etc......

Wakati huo tunaendelea kuagiza panels kwao na kung'ang'ania mashine za dowans, iptl, aggreko etc etc.. Kweli ndivyo tulivyo.

Macinkus

Tutumiea pia nyuklia kama riport ya Peter K Msaki wa chuo kikuu cha Dar inavyojadili na kupatikana hapa
[media]http://www.wcpsd.org/posters/environment/Msaki_1.pdf[/media] .

obviously hatuna wataalam wa kutosha wa kumanage something as delicate as nuclear...,very risky in my opinion.
Labda tuazime wataalam nchi za wenzetu.sijui kama US na wenzie watakuwa comfortable seeing a nuclear power plant in east africa.politico itaplay part pia.IRAN wanazuiwa hadi leo,it took india decades,with all those super scientists it has.

Tanzania..,not so much.

Nadhani Makaa ya mawe can do us more good,kuliko hizo unpredictable hydros...,we aint no congo...,our country is getting dry every day.

Wakati tunaendelea kujadili uzalishaji mbadala wa nguvu za umeme, wakaazi wa kijiji cha Njia panda mkoani Singida katika kipindi cha mwaka mmoja ujao watakuwa wanafurahia umeme utokanao na upepo.

Jumla ya wind mills 24 zinaendelea kujengwa(kusimamishwa) kijijini humo ambazo zitakuwa na uwezo wa kuzalisha umeme wa megawati 50 (hii ni karibu ya asilimia 10 ya matumizi ya umeme kwa sasa hapo Bongo).

Huu utakuwa ni mradi wa kwanza wa kibiashara katika nchi zilizopo kusini mwa jangwa la sahara. Mradi huu wenye thamani ya dola za kimarekani 113 milioni unakwenda kwa jina la "Wind East Africa"

Source: BBC NEWS

First we need to understand that we do not have problems with power, what we have is lack of capacity to generate power from the available sources!!

We in Tanzania could not be thinking of solar, wind, biomas etc if we had better ways of utilising the sources we have? We have several sources:- Hydropower (Mtera, Kidatu, Nyumba ya Mungu), Gas (Songosongo, Mtwara, Mkuranga), in karatu we have quite a huge potential for wind power generation. All these can generate more than what our country needs and we can supply either Kenya/Rwanda/burundi with our surplus.

I hate our habit of trying things out cause this is what has brought us to where we are now!! If we had better plans for power the Geothermal, Coal and Gas are enough to support us but if you get details of these projects you'll just be surprised of how things are run!

Let our Government do its part for us to get the best out of it!! Tanesco is a menace and corrupt monopoly entity!

Do I think people should use solar power? You bet I do! But does it make any difference? I hate bills, all bills! I particularly hate power bills in a place like Tanzania where you hardly get any power!

I’d like a life without water and power bills, and I would be willing to pay for that privilege (if it doesn’t cost the earth). Is there anyone out there who would be so kind as to give me some idea of just what kind of money I’d need to fix myself with my very own water and electricity?

Would an investment of $10,000 or so be enough to do the solar power part? Would it do the trick in a house with three or four bedrooms, a fridge, a freezer, a TV set, an electric iron, a computer, a stove and some ordinary lighting? In case $10,000 would not be enough for all that, then would taking out the stove make it feasible? I’d be willing to use gas for cooking if I could have everything else.

If I were to find the courage to ask that a guest wing (servant quarters to some) be included in this solar powering scheme, then how badly would the estimate blow up? Could I get off with $15,000

I cannot end without saying a thing or two about the people who have messed up our lives so much. Why can’t the CCM government do even one thing right? If Jerry Rawlings could find the resources to electrify all of Ghana then why couldn’t the CCM mob spare enough of our money to supply at least half the country with power? When will they stop eating all our power?
10000 $ is more than enough. Give me a call on 0784-777117.....I know a dealer who will give you the best equipment for the cheapest price in the country.

In my view, Solar Power has many benefits especially for rural areas and also in terms of saving costs.

The advantages

As well as the fact that energy from the Sun is readily available in many parts of the country, there are many other benefits. By locating photo-voltaic cells on top of houses, no extra land space is needed and they can also be situated in urban areas, where there is plenty of available space.

In addition they are very easy to install, and although there are some high costs involved, they replace the need for other materials, such as tiles, to be used.

The costs

As with most renewable energy systems, there are initial costs which make setting up these projects, initially quite expensive. However, the savings on electricity bills in the long-term should make up for this and year on year, the costs are falling which will make it more widespread.

By the way recently there has been an introduction of solar radio in Europe in the view of changing the FM and AM frequencies to DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) so let it be and we will soon send them to our relatives and there will be no costs on changing batteries.

Back
Top Bottom