Debate: Who do women really dress for?

Kweli eh?
Mbona mara nyingi mkiwa sehemu,say harusini akija mdada mwenzenu
mnakua mnaongea "haja pendeza hata","kakosea rangi" ....etc.

Huyu mnae mtoa kasoro yawezekana alivaa na mme wake akasema wow,its
nice,lakini kaja harusini wanawake wenzake wana mtoa kasoro tena
chini chini.

Sasa,angevaa kumpendeza nani?

Wanawake sometimes tuna criticize au kusifia wenzetu sababu we value appearance ya mtu than U men! We tend to notice beauty, fashion and designs n etc.. But it doesnt mean we're actually competing with each other..

Hivi masharobaro wanavaa kumu impress nani ? Maana paka nguo wanaazima .

Depending on the situation I dress to please (not to impress or to compete with) myself, men, women...

I want to look great, but feel comfortable. So when I dress for myself I go for something simple (and short :) )

I think men want women to look like women, and dress like women. So when I dress up for a male 'audience' I always look like a woman (wide range from hijab to a sexy dress depending on the circumstances)

Most of the time women look for the DON'T things other women do and then criticize them (constructively or negatively). So when I know I will come across other women I make sure I respect the rules of color matching, fashion, trend of the time etc.

But it is quite easy to cut across all three. Be myself, dress to please men and still be appropriate for a female 'audience'.

kweli kabisa usemayo, hata mimi nimejichunguza na kugundua kuwa japo huwa vyote ni muhimu kufikiria wakati unanunua hivyo viwalo, kuna wakati sense moja inaprevail zaidi. Mfano kamwe siwezi kuwa natoka na mume wangu halafu priority iwe cmfort tu. Lazima nitamuwaza dislike zake kama makeup etc

For single ladies mos def tunavaa to impress men, you dont knot how desparate the situation gets when you walk up the street afu watu hawakutazami. Lol

Depending on the situation I dress to please (not to impress or to compete with) myself, men, women...

I want to look great, but feel comfortable. So when I dress for myself I go for something simple (and short :) )

I think men want women to look like women, and dress like women. So when I dress up for a male 'audience' I always look like a woman (wide range from hijab to a sexy dress depending on the circumstances)

Most of the time women look for the DON'T things other women do and then criticize them (constructively or negatively). So when I know I will come across other women I make sure I respect the rules of color matching, fashion, trend of the time etc.

But it is quite easy to cut across all three. Be myself, dress to please men and still be appropriate for a female 'audience'.

Dah!! Nimeipende hii ngoja nikupe haki yako kwenye kitufe stahili.Am impressed.Natamani ningepata sneak peek kwenye hiyo wadrobe...Mwaliiii!!!

Women like to 'make an entrance'.No matter what the occasion is,it is always about being prominent,feeling comfortable and taking the spotlight.

There are about 369 species of women in this God damned world. The most common characteristic for all is indefinite.

"The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"

Sigmund Freud

Mwali, well said, but the reason we ask for sensible clothing in work is to make people feel comfortable to work together.
However, I work with many selfish ladies who say they are comfortable in their extremely revealing outfits, while the rest of us sit uncomfortably in their presence, it is not attractive and it is very rude

Mwali, well said, but the reason we ask for sensible clothing in work is to make people feel comfortable to work together.
However, I work with many selfish ladies who say they are comfortable in their extremely revealing outfits, while the rest of us sit uncomfortably in their presence, it is not attractive and it is very rude
I completely agree with you. A lady (and a gentleman) are people who allow themselves to bear a little discomfort, if need be, to make people around them feel comfortable (Source: My parents)

wanawake wengi tunavaa kile ambacho tumeona mwanamke mwenzetu kavaa akapendeza au kimemfanya aonekane yuko juu.
Hapa namanisha kwamba yaani wadada hasa wa mjini(sio wote) wakiona mdada fulani anapiga sana pamba za ghali mfano viatu vya christian loubotin maarufu kama cl au loubs basi na yeye atahangaika avipate bila kujua mwenzake anapata wapi uwezo wa kuvaa vitu vya gharama kitu ambacho wengi wao wanaishia kuvaa mifake kutoka china maana ukweli ni kwamba ni wadada wachache sana bongo wanaovaa genuine designer pieces.
Vinguo vingi wadada wa mjini wanavyovaa ni kwa sababu wameona wadada wenzao wenye majina makubwa wanavaa na wao wanatafuta wavae bila kujali wamependeza au hawajapendeza,wengine hii kuiga iga wenzao wanajikuta wanatokea vituko ile mbaya ila ndo huwaambii kitu sbb ni style ambazo kila dada mjanja anavaa.

Kwa hiyo mim naweza kusema kwamba ni kweli asilimia kubwa ya wanawake tunavaa kwa ajili ya wanawake wenzetu.
Ila kuna wakati wanawake wanavaa kwa ajili ya kuseek male attention.

Mim binafsi napenda kuvaa vitu ambavyo vinanipendeza,vyenye heshima na vyenye kufanya kina kaka wakodoe macho ya ku appreciate.

Our dear female workmates, ua dressing code is killing us! Maria, ua love for tight silk skirts leaves nothing to a man's imagination. I wish u didn't have to visit my office every time to get my signature on office documents. Joyce, u seem to have decided that we must always see the panty lines beneath ua trousers. We even know when it is a thong. Pauline,the other day u were in front of me as we climbed upstairs to see mkubwa and u had to bend to scratch ua ankle! I wish u were not in a mini. TUNAUMIA!

Navaa nisitiri mwili wangu (kiaina)
Navaa nipendeze
Navaa wanaume wanione
Navaa wanawake wanione
Navaa kila mtu aone nilicho vaa ...

Hamna cha ku debate. Very straight forward
Tunavaa kwa kujisitiri na kila mtu aone fashion
Uipendayo simple and clear ..

Back
Top Bottom