Can you handle the truth?

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
Okay people, they say honesty is the best policy. I, to a large degree I agree with that saying. However, in many relationships, I don't think most people are ever completely honest with their mates.

Can you really handle the truth if your mate was completely one hundred percent honest with his/her feelings towards you? Let's say your man reallu sucks in bed...would you be honest enough to tell him that he is not satisfying you without worrying that you might bruise his male ego?

Or let's say you are a guy and you're creepin' on your girl for some whatever reason(s). Your girl notices that you've started to change in the last couple months. She confronts (or asks you politely) you about it. What would you do? Would you tell her the truth without ever worrying that she will be utterly devastated?

Who handles the truth better..men or women?

Welcome to Ngabu's random thoughts.....

However, in many relationships, I don't think most people are ever completely honest with their mates.

1.Its hard to tell coz like u said, you dont think most people are ever completely honest to their mates.
2.Everybody has their own little secret world - with his/her own little secrets which they dont want to share.
3.There are things that one would rather not know at all.
4.You cannot generalise and say it is men or women who can face the truth better.There are weak and strong men and women who have the capability to handle things differently.

4.You cannot generalise and say it is men or women who can face the truth better.There are weak and strong men and women who have the capability to handle things differently.

I'm not sure if I understand you. Are you saying that I'm generalising or you are saying that one cannot definitively say whether one can handle the truth better than the other?

"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid."-George Bernard Shaw

They don't answer questions, only provide meanings of words.

There is a big difference between "truth" and "the truth"

Words with meaning can be used to answer your questions, can't they?

...Who handles the truth better..men or women?

It depends on how the 'truth' is being told/revealed! Both men and women were made to handle the 'truth'.

If men and women can handle the lies why shouldnt they be capable of handling the truth?

Always tell the truth, and the truth will set you free, tatizo kwenye relationship zetu za kiswahili, uwongo mwingi, kudanganyana kwiingi its completely 'deception and deceit' na wadada zetu wengi tuu wanajua wanadanganywa na infact wanapenda kudanganywa kuliko kuelezwa ukweli.

Being completely honest sometimes ni hatari!. Unaweza vunja ndoa, mathalani wewe una side afair nje na mke wa best, can you be honest to your wife eti kisa ni mke wa jamaa ndie aliinitiate?.
Mtaalamu wa saikolojia ya mapenzi, Dr. eustace Chessar kwenye 'love without fear, anashauri, being too honest is not healthy and sometimes it has devastating effects.

Okay people, they say honesty is the best policy. I, to a large degree I agree with that saying. However, in many relationships, I don't think most people are ever completely honest with their mates.

Can you really handle the truth if your mate was completely one hundred percent honest with his/her feelings towards you? Let's say your man reallu sucks in bed...would you be honest enough to tell him that he is not satisfying you without worrying that you might bruise his male ego?

(that would be brutal...and one can just forget about ever ever getting any satisfaction after this kind of truth is revealed...the flag won't fly at all, not even at half mast...nope. Instead it would be better to tell your guy what you like...Every which way we slice it, the male ego is here to stay.)

Or let's say you are a guy and you're creepin' on your girl for some whatever reason(s). Your girl notices that you've started to change in the last couple months. She confronts (or asks you politely) you about it. What would you do? Would you tell her the truth without ever worrying that she will be utterly devastated?

(totally devastating...don't say it, that would just be killing someone softly...Where the heart is involved we have to tread softly...this is an ideal situation though, there are some serious love bandits out there!!!)

Welcome to Ngabu's random thoughts.....

Truth is bitter. No body likes to hear the truth and ultimately it boils down to how we receive it and the circumstances sorrounding that truth, the context...the individuals perception. Some truths are better left unsaid...they cause more pain than is necessary.

Truth can be appreciated only if it helps to correct a situation and not when emotions and egos are concerned...it will only help dimish someones self worth and value and i say this in regards to the question posed by NN above.

Remember the saying "ignorance is bliss" To handle the truth one almost needs to be superhuman or have some serious mental strength