BETAwards2023: Burna Boy ashinda tuzo ya Best International Act ya BET, Busta Rhymes apewa ya LifeTime Achievement

BARD AI

JF-Expert Member
Jul 24, 2018
1687759495554.png
Nyota huyo kutoka Nigeria ameibuka mshindi na kuwabwaga mastaa wengine ambao Aya Nakamura, Ayra Starr, Central Cee, Ella Mai, K.O, L7nnon, Stormzy, Tiakola na DJ Uncle Waffles.

Beyonce ameshinda 'Viewers Choice', Drake na 21 Savage (Kundi Bora), Future na Tems (Wimbo Bora wa Ushirikiano), Beyonce na SZA wamefungana kwenye Albamu Bora na Video Bora, Angela Bassett (Muigizaji Bora wa Kike), Damson Idris (Muigizaji Bora wa Kiume).

Mastaa wengine walioondoka na tuzo za #BET2023 ni Busta Rhymes (Life Achiement Award), SZA (Msanii Bora wa Kike wa R&B na Pop), Chris Brown na Usher wamepata tuzo ya Msanii Bora wa Kiume wa R&B na Pop, Msanii Bora wa Kiume wa Hip Hop ni Kendrick Lamar

==============

Burna Boy just took home hardware for Best International Act at the BET Awards 2023.

The Nigerian singer was not present at the show, but he’s had an amazing last couple years. His 2022 album Love, Damini was a worldwide success, and he already took home a BET Award in the same category in 2019 and 2021.

Other nominees in the category included Aya Nakamura, Ayra Starr, Central Cee, Ella Mai, K.O, L7nnon, Stormzy, Tiakola and Uncle Waffles.

Rapper, songwriter, actor, and producer Busta Rhymes was deservingly honored with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” presented by actor and comedian Marlon Wayans and award-winning producer and songwriter Swizz Beatz.

With an illustrious career spanning over three decades, the Brooklyn native has left an indelible mark on the music industry. Known for his electrifying performances, unmatched lyrical skill, and innovative style, Busta has captivated audiences around the world, redefining what hip hop looked like.

The musical legend and proud father tearfully accepted the prestigious honor in front of 5 of his six children. Busta admitted he never wanted to be a solo artist and was comfortable in a group "bussing everybody a** and getting the f**ck up out of there."

He told a heartfelt story about his journey as a solo artist and thanked his longtime collaborator Spilff Star.

"It's just me trying to do my duty to continue to advance the culture and continue to contribute in a significant way," he continued. "I see so many people in here that I have known and grown with for a long time, you're watching me grow and I love y'all and I know y'all love me."

He also called for members of the hip-hop community veterans and new artists to stop engaging in petty feuds and "love each other." "They scared for us to get together. We might give yall too much information," he added.

The industry veteran later blessed the audience with a performance of a medley of his classic records including “Scenario,” “Ante Up” “Look At Me Now,” and more.

From his early days as a member of the groundbreaking group Leaders of the New School to his chart-topping solo hits, Busta has consistently pushed boundaries and set new standards in hip-hop. This well-deserved recognition celebrates his extraordinary contributions and cements his legacy as one of the greatest artists of our time.

BET 2023

Back
Top Bottom