African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Rakims what you got is 16E sub Saharan and South East Africa beams, and not all tps. You also used wrong Lnb frequency settings (Cband while the sats are Ku band)
That is actually eutelsat 16A at 16e.. the beam is very strong in EA..

Your lnb setting is wrong.. you've selected "5150" instead of "universal" for a ku band lnb..

Seems like someone sneeked in the poon channels recently.
This has made me remember that while i have become fairly proficient at manipulating the dish(azimuths,skew and the like),i don't know anything about fiddling with stb parameters like lnb frequency settings.So i do a simple google search and i get conflicting info-e.g lemmy morgan says the best ku settings are 950/10600 while another site says the universal ku settings is 10750.others talk of a certain calculation.which are the best ku band settings or does it depend on the sat?can the gurus like vicwa,giden,freq et al help out a brother on this?As an stb user,am I supposed to tinker with the LNB settings every time i scan for channels on a particular sat?pia kuna other things naonanga(bila kugusa) kama tone burst (A,B,none),LNB power(on/off),22khz(auto/ off).Hizi nazo ni za nini?Of course in an ideal world this info would be provided by a user manual but my chinco decoder came with a broken-english, half-page manual😬😬.

Want the different between this Lnb all are Gulf star model 777View attachment 1139065View attachment 1139066
I have both models (777) which also differ slightly from yours. To me there are two main differences
1. the first one (with a notch on top and LNB RCV label) doesn't have a serial number while the second one (without a notch and RCV label on top) has a product serial number.
2. The performance btn the two is the same (from 57£ to 91.5£), except the later (without a notch and RCV label on top) performs exceptionally well at 68.5£.
IMG_20190627_111744.jpg
IMG_20190627_114057.jpg
IMG_20190627_113116.jpg
IMG_20190627_113122.jpg

There are good science discussions on Asteroid day channel on 12053v30000 @4.8. Picture quality is very high.

This has made me remember that while i have become fairly proficient at manipulating the dish(azimuths,skew and the like),i don't know anything about fiddling with stb parameters like lnb frequency settings.So i do a simple google search and i get conflicting info-e.g lemmy morgan says the best ku settings are 950/10600 while another site says the universal ku settings is 10750.others talk of a certain calculation.which are the best ku band settings or does it depend on the sat?can the gurus like vicwa,giden,freq et al help out a brother on this?As an stb user,am I supposed to tinker with the LNB settings every time i scan for channels on a particular sat?pia kuna other things naonanga(bila kugusa) kama tone burst (A,B,none),LNB power(on/off),22khz(auto/ off).Hizi nazo ni za nini?Of course in an ideal world this info would be provided by a user manual but my chinco decoder came with a broken-english, half-page manual😬😬.
mkuu nilirekebisha hiyo lnb wanavyosema ni kweli its 16A at 16e lakini hivi vi channel vingine bado vipo

I have both models (777) which also differ slightly from yours. To me there are two main differences
1. the first one (with a notch on top and LNB RCV label) doesn't have a serial number while the second one (without a notch and RCV label on top) has a product serial number.
2. The performance btn the two is the same (from 57£ to 91.5£), except the later (without a notch and RCV label on top) performs exceptionally well at 68.5£.
View attachment 1139750View attachment 1139751View attachment 1139752View attachment 1139753
hiyo moja umetoboa na nini mkuu?

This has made me remember that while i have become fairly proficient at manipulating the dish(azimuths,skew and the like),i don't know anything about fiddling with stb parameters like lnb frequency settings.So i do a simple google search and i get conflicting info-e.g

Congrats

lemmy morgan says the best ku settings are 950/10600 while another site says the universal ku settings is 10750.others talk of a certain calculation.which are the best ku band settings or does it depend on the sat?

LNBS got something called Local Oscillator or LO frequency. It's probably branded on the back of your lnb or it's packaging: This is the frequency that your lnb produces to help downconvert the satellite high frequency to a lower one which can be run down the coaxial cable to your box..

Normally they are two for an lnb; ku 9750 MHz and 10600 Mhz or 10750 depending on your LNB

Cband 5150 mhz and 5750 mhz

The higher LO frequencies for both C and Ku downcoverts the satellite frequency down to a range of between 1100 and 2150 mhz to be run down the coaxial cable.

The lower LO frequencies downconvert the satellite frequency to a range of between 950Mhz and 1950Mhz to be run down the cable.

These are the "Output frequencies" also probably branded on your LNB.

Just remember the higher the frequency you choose the higher the frequency that'll be coming down your cable and can your cable and switches handle it?

Now if you've got a good quality coaxial cable that can handle both high and low frequencies with minimal attenuation you shouldn't see any difference when you choose different LO settings at LNB setup.. (personally I don't)

But most china coaxial cables perform poorly at higher frequencies so if you choose 10600Mhz for ku or 5750 for C , the frequency output of the LnB will be higher that is 1100 to 2150Mhz and you may suffer higher signal loss between the LNB and your decoder.

Actually theoretically, a higher lnb output frequency the better because when converting for example 12500 mhz sat freq to 2150Mhz less noise is generated compared to when converting it to a lower frequency eg 950Mhz. Thus more stable signal But the catch is, is your cable capable of handling higher frequencies?

You'll be safer with 9750 ku and 5150C which downconverts to lower range output frequencies if you've got bad cables

Also always check the frequency range rating for your cables often printed in their cover. Genuine Astel cables are the best.

This also goes to other peripherals between lnb and decoder like switches and splitters. They've got a frequency range rating and some are just bad.

can the gurus like vicwa,giden,freq et al help out a brother on this?

That's what am doing 😅

As an stb user,am I supposed to tinker with the LNB settings every time i scan for channels on a part TC Dricular sat?

No you don't always need to.. modern recievers are smart enough to figure out certain things for themselves.. like 22Khz tone selection and 18/13 V power on or off can be done automatically. Just set them to "auto"

However certain stuff like LnB frequency must be selected by user. It'll depend on whether you're using a C or Ku LnB. And if you're using disceq switch you must select the exact port your lnb is hooked up to and select whether you're using disceq 1.1 or 1.0 type of switch.

pia kuna other things naonanga(bila kugusa) kama tone burst (A,B,none),LNB power(on/off),22khz(auto/ off).Hizi nazo ni za nini?Of course in an ideal world this info would be provided by a user manual but my chinco decoder came with a broken-english, half-page manual😬😬.

22 khz tone burst is an automatic "Switch" for the LO frequency when put on, the decorder will send a 22khz signal to your lnb to switch to the higher Local oscillator frequency that is 10600 for ku and 5750 for C. That is if your lnb settings is 5150/5750 for C and "Universal" for Ku. You can leave this setting at "auto" so the box can do whatever it deems best with it

Or put it off if your cable is chinku and perform poorly at higher frequencies.

LnB power is either 13 V or 18V. It helps the lnb switch between Horizontal and Vertical polarities. The lnb is designed such that if it receives around 13V volts, it will activate the horizontally oriented antenna, if it receives 18V power from the decoder, it will engage the Vertically oriented antenna. (There are two small antennae within the lnb protruding from the wall)

Again leave this setting at "auto" so the box can do with it whatever it wants.

Simple, use the fre
Simple, in your settingd use the lnb frequency which is indicated on your lnb.lnb power should be on unless your stb is getting its signal through another stb which has stb power on. 22khz should be off unless you are using a 22 kHz switch to connect two lnbs to the stb.

Congrats

LNBS got something called Local Oscillator or LO frequency. It's probably branded on the back of your lnb or it's packaging: This is the frequency that your lnb produces to help downconvert the satellite high frequency to a lower one which can be run down the coaxial cable to your box..

Normally they are two for an lnb; ku 9750 MHz and 10600 Mhz or 10750 depending on your LNB

Cband 5150 mhz and 5750 mhz

The higher LO frequencies for both C and Ku downcoverts the satellite frequency down to a range of between 1100 and 2150 mhz to be run down the coaxial cable.

The lower LO frequencies downconvert the satellite frequency to a range of between 950Mhz and 1950Mhz to be run down the cable.

These are the "Output frequencies" also probably branded on your LNB.

Just remember the higher the frequency you choose the higher the frequency that'll be coming down your cable and can your cable and switches handle it?

Now if you've got a good quality coaxial cable that can handle both high and low frequencies with minimal attenuation you shouldn't see any difference when you choose different LO settings at LNB setup.. (personally I don't)

But most china coaxial cables perform poorly at higher frequencies so if you choose 10600Mhz for ku or 5750 for C , the frequency output of the LnB will be higher that is 1100 to 2150Mhz and you may suffer higher signal loss between the LNB and your decoder.

Actually theoretically, a higher lnb output frequency the better because when converting for example 12500 mhz sat freq to 2150Mhz less noise is generated compared to when converting it to a lower frequency eg 950Mhz. Thus more stable signal But the catch is, is your cable capable of handling higher frequencies?

You'll be safer with 9750 ku and 5150C which downconverts to lower range output frequencies if you've got bad cables

Also always check the frequency range rating for your cables often printed in their cover. Genuine Astel cables are the best.

This also goes to other peripherals between lnb and decoder like switches and splitters. They've got a frequency range rating and some are just bad.

That's what am doing

No you don't always need to.. modern recievers are smart enough to figure out certain things for themselves.. like 22Khz tone selection and 18/13 V power on or off can be done automatically. Just set them to "auto"

However certain stuff like LnB frequency must be selected by user. It'll depend on whether you're using a C or Ku LnB. And if you're using disceq switch you must select the exact port your lnb is hooked up to and select whether you're using disceq 1.1 or 1.0 type of switch.

22 khz tone burst is an automatic "Switch" for the LO frequency when put on, the decorder will send a 22khz signal to your lnb to switch to the higher Local oscillator frequency that is 10600 for ku and 5750 for C. That is if your lnb settings is 5150/5750 for C and "Universal" for Ku. You can leave this setting at "auto" so the box can do whatever it deems best with it

Or put it off if your cable is chinku and perform poorly at higher frequencies.

LnB power is either 13 V or 18V. It helps the lnb switch between Horizontal and Vertical polarities. The lnb is designed such that if it receives around 13V volts, it will activate the horizontally oriented antenna, if it receives 18V power from the decoder, it will engage the Vertically oriented antenna. (There are two small antennae within the lnb protruding from the wall)

Again leave this setting at "auto" so the box can do with it whatever it wants.
I have more luck on V for weaker TP's

I have more luck on V for weaker TP's
Probably depends on LNB skew for me Ive more luck on H for weaker TPs for example citizen radio on 62e,. If you set your lnb on the exact opposite skew you may find H stronger..

22khz(auto/ off).Hizi nazo ni za nini?Of course in an ideal world this info would be provided by a user manual but my chinco decoder came with a broken-english, half-page manual😬😬.
22khz switch is used to multiply the number of ports...or connect multiple diseqc switch follow diagram ,put on from receiver when using 22khz switch
images.jpg

This has made me remember that while i have become fairly proficient at manipulating the dish(azimuths,skew and the like),i don't know anything about fiddling with stb parameters like lnb frequency settings.So i do a simple google search and i get conflicting info-e.g lemmy morgan says the best ku settings are 950/10600 while another site says the universal ku settings is 10750.others talk of a certain calculation.which are the best ku band settings or does it depend on the sat?

The universal lnb local oscillator setting is 9750/10600 to receive both high and low band Ku frequencies this should be stated at the lnb specification as(lo 9.75/10.60Ghz)

For low band lo frequency 9750; input frequency range from 10.7Ghz to 11.7Ghz
For high band lo frequency 10600; input frequency range 11.7Ghz to 12.75

The standard lnb local oscillator setting is 10750, the lnb with this specification 10750 as lo frequency, is for high band frequencies mainly for north america satellites with high bands Ku frequency!
High band lo frequency 10750; input frequency range: 11.7 to 12.75Ghz..
With this lnb you will not receive low band frequencies but are likely to be high gain lnb(s)

Naitaji usaidizi hapa getting Jeshis on Ses 5. Having put Teflon still nothing is picking while at blind search

All the EFCON 2019 EGGPUT ACTIONS ARE HAPPENING IN HIGHEST DRAMA(HD) AT OUR COMMON CORRIDOR NUMBER 68.5 EAST. YOU NEED C BED not K Under.
THE GATE KEY REQUIRED IS BI$$KEY.
Ni makusudi tu kuandika in Capital letters!

Back
Top Bottom