World bank ranks: Kenya second on logistics

In most cases, Kenya hua Hatuwawezi,
Sisi tumewazidi uwingi wa Rasilimali tu(rich Resources curse country)
Acha kulaza mwili uo na kuwa mtumwa wa akili
Sisi tunaendelea kwa kasi uku wao waliendelea
Na tunawapita mda c mref maana nchi tunaijenga kwa hella zetu

Acha kulaza mwili uo na kuwa mtumwa wa akili
Sisi tunaendelea kwa kasi uku wao waliendelea
Na tunawapita mda c mref maana nchi tunaijenga kwa hella zetu
Odda Moyale through the deserts: Kenya is the new power in Africa
32852441824_9c816920e1_b.jpg

32852449194_d5c2d91136_b.jpg

33654270456_2d5ac6b5ef_b.jpg

33311099680_701103ed7d_b.jpg

In your dreams, you will be seeing Kenya in the skies

Tuesday, 28 March 2017
Coastweek website

Tanzania to build port, repair road to enhance trade with Uganda

DAR ES SALAAM Tanzania (Xinhua) -- Tanzanian President John Magufuli on Saturday affirmed his government’s commitment to construct a dry port in Mwanza region aimed at easing trade between Tanzania and Uganda.
Speaking at a joint news conference with visiting Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, Magufuli said that upon completion of the dry port construction, there will be no need for Ugandan traders travelling to the country’s major port of Dar es Salaam, situated over 1,000 kilometers from Uganda.

"At the same time my government will repair MV Umoja in Lake Victoria to ease cargo transportation between Mwanza and Uganda," said the Tanzanian leader shortly after the signing of diplomatic agreements between the two East African countries.

Magufuli added that the two countries have also agreed to rehabilitate an 11-km road stretch from Port Bell in Lake Victoria to Kampala.

He said the Tanzanian government had also reduced truck check points to facilitate fast transportation of cargo between the two countries.

Magufuli commended trade growth between the two countries, saying statistics showed an increase from 89 million U.S. dollars in 2015 to 96.7 million dollars in 2016.

Magufuli said the two leaders also discussed the construction of the 1,403-km pipeline to transport crude oil from Hoima in Uganda to Tanga Port in Tanzania.

He ordered for immediate pipeline construction take-off, saying any minor issues will be resolved while construction activities were on progress.
Coastweek - The most from the coast

More airlines push into the Dodoma market
Posted March 28, 2017 by Aviation, Travel and Conservation News - DAILY from Eastern Africa and the Indian Ocean islands in Uncategorized. Leave a Comment

TANZANIA’S SHIFT OF GOVERNMENT MINISTRIES TO DODOMA TRIGGERS ADDED FLIGHT SERVICES

(Posted 28th March 2017)

When the Magufuli government came into office did airlines feel the pinch the hardest when a ‘travel ban‘ imposed on civil servants impacted on the load factors of local carriers like Fastjet and Precision Air.

Of late however have better fortunes returned to the aviation industry as the government has started to progressively shift ministries and other departments to the political capital of Dodoma – IATA DOD / ICAO HTDO – in the centre of the sprawling East African nation.Elevated at 3.637 feet does the airport have an 8.000 feet long paved runway, allowing larger twin engined turboprop and small jet aircraft to safely land and take off from Dodoma.

Several airlines have already added Dodoma to their flight schedules or increased their number of flights to cater for the increase in travel activity by MP’s and government officials, among them Air Tanzania, Auric Air and more recently also Flightlink.

Flightlink in August last year added an Embraer Brasilia 120 turboprop aircraft which can seat 30 passengers and which will be deployed on the airline’s new route from 01st of April onwards and then perform daily flights.

More airlines push into the Dodoma market

Countdown to ground breaking ceremony for two of East Africa's largest infrastructural projects in April. The two projects are;
I. Over $3.5 bln Tanga-Hoima pipeline
II. Over $1.5 bln of a rail network project worthing over $13bln in total. This particular section is to link Dar- Isaka-Msongati-Kigali n Dar-Mwanza-Port Bell- Kampala.

In waiting
The $11bln Bagamoyo port to be launched in July n over $30 bln of an LNG project to be launched at a later date.

Countdown to ground breaking ceremony for two of East Africa's largest infrastructural projects in April. The two projects are;
II. Over $1.5 bln of a rail network project worthing over $13bln in total. This particular section is to link Dar- Isaka-Msongati-Kigali n Dar-Mwanza-Port Bell- Kampala.

In waiting
The $11bln Bagamoyo port to be launched in July n over $30 bln of an LNG project to be launched at a later date.
Wait to launch as we avail!

In waiting
Wewe ..wasn't bagamoyo port shelfed 11 billion imetoka wapi!!!!

First direct flight from Mogadishu lands at JKIA after 10 years suspension

NAIROBI, 29 March 2017 (PSCU) – Direct flights between Mogadishu and Nairobi resumed today with the first commercial plane carrying 49 passengers from the Somali capital landing at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) shortly after 1.00 p.m.

The re-launch of direct flights between Nairobi and Mogadishu was agreed upon at bilateral talks between Kenya and Somalia that were led by President Uhuru Kenyatta and Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed during his first State Visit to Kenya last week.

Cabinet Secretaries James Macharia (Transport) and Joseph Nkaissery (Interior) were at hand to receive the first flight, marking the resumption of direct flights from Mogadishu to Nairobi after close to 10 years suspension.

CS Macharia said the historic resumption of direct flights between the two cities signalled a revitalization of cooperation between the two neighbouring countries, brimming with optimism that it would also enhance trade.

“For us in the transport sector, we have always been working to boost Nairobi’s position as a regional aviation hub,” said the Transport Cabinet Secretary.

For the last 10 years, flights from Mogadishu were landing at Wajir airport for thorough screening and vetting of passengers before proceeding to Nairobi.

“With the opportunities available in the region and the improved security environment and stability following the recent election of President Mohamed, the resumption of direct flights could not have come at a better time,” said CS Macharia.

CS Macharia said before the re-launch of the direct flights, the Government security agencies formed a multiagency team which travelled to Mogadishu to assess the security situation of the airport.

This was followed by the setting up of robust security arrangements at Mogadishu airport to oversee the flight routes and departure procedures in order to ensure the safety of passengers travelling between the two countries.

The Transport CS added that the various United Nations agencies operating out of Nairobi expressed satisfaction with the security measures put in place and support the re-opening of the route.

The said UN agencies have been yearning for the resumption of direct flights in order to enhance their operations between Mogadishu and Nairobi.

On his part, CS Nkaissery said robust security measures have been put in place in Mogadishu airport to ensure the safety of aircrafts.

He said Kenya and the Somali Governments have put a team in Mogadishu to oversee the security of the airport.

“Here in Nairobi at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that all aircrafts are fully inspected so that the status of our airport is not compromised,” said CS Nkaissery.

The Interior CS pointed out that the national security agencies have ensured that Mogadishu airport is fully secured and that all necessary measures are in place for smooth operations.

He expressed optimism that following the resumption of direct flights, many airlines will ply the Nairobi to Mogadishu.

17457955_1624.jpg
17457955_1624597950902085_8884672385058752116_n.jpg
17523027_1624597667568780_3573090500833851114_n.jpg
17554335_1624597830902097_7821023657301791083_n.jpg
17626181_1624597754235438_1737975485428189357_n.jpg

Attachments

• 17626658_1624597664235447_3404537859271996288_n.jpg
    17626658_1624597664235447_3404537859271996288_n.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 32

In waiting
Utawauwa hawa watu. Duh.

In waiting

Tihahahhaaaaa.... Those projects have been launching for as long as I remember........ Keep on launching, You have a pad my bad

When I first Joined this Forum, I had been here from time to time as a guest for like six months .... I came by this forum when I was searching for Kenya real estate , The most active thread then was the Kenya VS Tanzania real eastate.....
Also the thread for Thika road construction was well documentate by multiple pics.....

At the time Projects like Konza, Kenya SGR, Lamu port and other related infrastructurs like roads and power station, JKIA grienfield terminal, Mombasa Port expantion were talked about in the same sentence as Tz SGR, LPG plant($30B), Bagamoyo port, Dar port expansion, JNIA terminal 3, Kigamboni new satelite City ...... Because all of them were projects on paper with no movement on the ground

But up to date most of the Mega projects that were to be game changers in Dar are yet to start...exept for a few that cost <$300m like JNIA, BTR,Kigamboni Bridge. Even the most recent pipeline to UG were money was already guaranteed since last year is yet to start, I mean seriously!!!! the money is there! what the F are you waiting for? whats wrong with you people!!!
Kila siku ni soon to be launched, Later this year, Ground braking soon, na hakuna kitu on the ground, we will understand atleast if there is a court case or encountered resistance for the project or something...lakini mkiendelea kusema soon then nothing is happening...... mnatabaki na zile zenu za tuna, tuta, tuki, baada ya..... Its exhausting, you sound like broken records guys...stuck in repetition of the same line

When I first Joined this Forum, I had been here from time to time as a guest for like six months .... I came by this forum when I was searching for Kenya real estate , The most active thread then was the Kenya VS Tanzania real eastate.....
Also the thread for Thika road construction was well documentate by multiple pics.....

At the time Projects like Konza, Kenya SGR, Lamu port and other related infrastructurs like roads and power station, JKIA grienfield terminal, Mombasa Port expantion were talked about in the same sentence as Tz SGR, LPG plant($30B), Bagamoyo port, Dar port expansion, JNIA terminal 3, Kigamboni new satelite City ...... Because all of them were projects on paper with no movement on the ground

But up to date most of the Mega projects that were to be game changers in Dar are yet to start...exept for a few that cost <$300m like JNIA, BTR,Kigamboni Bridge. Even the most recent pipeline to UG were money was already guaranteed since last year is yet to start, I mean seriously!!!! the money is there! what the F are you waiting for? whats wrong with you people!!!
Kila siku ni soon to be launched, Later this year, Ground braking soon, na hakuna kitu on the ground, we will understand atleast if there is a court case or encountered resistance for the project or something...lakini mkiendelea kusema soon then nothing is happening...... mnatabaki na zile zenu za tuna, tuta, tuki, baada ya..... Its exhausting, you sound like broken records guys...stuck in repetition of the same line
uv killed it man

Back
Top Bottom