JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
_61424248_duo_flip.jpg

7 July 2012 Last updated at 07:45 GMT

Wimbledon 2012: Radwanska ready for Serena Williams

WIMBLEDON

• Venue: All England Club, London
  • Date: 25 June - 8 July
Coverage: Live on BBC One, BBC Two, BBC HD Channel, red button, BBC Radio 5 live, mobiles, tablet and the BBC Sport website

Agnieszka Radwanska will become world number one if she overcomes respiratory illness and beats Serena Williams in the Wimbledon women's final.
The 23-year-old beat Angelique Kerber 6-3 6-4 to reach her first - and Poland's first - Grand Slam final.
"Agnieszka has had a better year than I have. She's been way more consistent than me"
Serena Williams

But Radwanska was forced to pull out of her pre-match news conference because of a severe cough.
Serena has beaten Radwanska both times they have met, the last being in the 2008 quarter-finals at Wimbledon.
The pair's build-up to the match could not be more different.
While Radwanska was laid low by illness after ending Poland's 75-year wait for a Wimbledon singles finalist, Williams teamed up with sister Venus to book a place in the women's doubles final.
Williams, a Centre Court veteran who has rediscovered her best form, blasted a women's Wimbledon record of 24 aces past Victoria Azarenka in a destructive singles semi-final performance she won 6-3 7-6 (8-6).
_61390777_mmtenwillazersfhighlights.png

Serena storms into seventh final

"I will do whatever it takes to make sure I'm ready to play the best I can," said Radwanska.
"She's playing amazing tennis at the moment. I don't really have much to lose, so I'm going to try my best and we'll see," added the third seed.
Nonetheless, sixth seed Williams has been made overwhelming favourite.
But the 30-year-old four-time Wimbledon champion insists she will not underestimate her rival.
"I have to go out there and win," said the American.
_61385678_61385677.jpg

Radwanska overpowers Kerber to reach final

"Agnieszka has had a better year than I have. She's been way more consistent than me. She's done really well, so she's ranked higher than me. She deserves to be.
"I have to go out there and fight for this.
"This is by no means going to be easy. Never, ever do I underestimate any opponent. She's out there to try to do her best."

Congrats Serena!!!...
As the clock ticks towards the two-hour mark, it's a minor miracle they're still out there at all after the start Radwanska had. But it's Serena serving for her fifth Wimbledon singles title... the Pole steers a backhand return wide before scrambling all over the baseline, sticking up the lob and turning to see her opponent net with an overhead. Williams finds another biggun for 30-15 before crunching out another ace for two match-points... WILLIAMS HAS WON IT! Backhand down the line, her fifth-time Wimbledon singles crown.

Return of the King ''Federer'' - So happy for his win!!.. Poor Murray, as you said you're getting closer:)))

Congrats Federer!!

Waingereza hawana tofauti na tanzania. Kichwa cha mwendawazimu. Hiyo game waliipania kweli eti wafute machungu ya kutolewa Yuro

murray ametia huruma pale alipochapwa na R. Federer hadi akashindwa kwa muda kujibu maswali ya mwandishi wa habari baada kukabidhiwa trophy.
Nimefurahi waingereza kukatwa ngebe.

Brits loves to on the side of loosers,
japo wanchonga sana?

offcause they sided a loosind side, brittons are noise maker when it comes to sports, i feel sory for them.
Congratullation Roger Federer for tranquilasing the atmosphere!!!!

Back
Top Bottom