Why has Americans given Tundu Lissu a silent treatment?

Keynez

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007
Tundu Lissu's situation is a very sensitive matter, don't let others fool you into thinking that it is not. We are now walking in unchartered territory.

If Lissu was Chinese or Iranian, chances are high that he would've been received in Washington with a heroes welcome.

For a high profile politician like Lissu who just survived a serious attempt on his life to go to a high profile American university and be relegated to a mere classroom of hardly 30 people is a serious statement that some historian somewhere has noted down. Someone somewhere has also certainly appreciated that American gratitude! I can't help but to wonder what he is prepared to give them in return to show his appreciation.

To attentive eyes, Lissu's low key reception in Washington also reveals the importance of our stability to their interests.

Some of us, silent political analysts that is, have always been intrigued by the relationship between these two countries. I remember there is one thread I made years ago asking if this relationship is sort of Machiavellian. That is, two parties that don't really trust each other but have learned to use one another in a way that makes both parties happy but the mistrust is always there. There hasn't been a single person to expose this relationship for what it really is.

I am sure privately, American officials are expressing to Mr. Lissu how 'hurt' they are with his situation. They are probably trying not to cause any diplomatic rift with Tanzania, considering Tanzania had no problem kicking out the EU ambassador few months ago.

But to some of us their silence to this matter is not a mystery. Mr. Lissu has to promise them something bigger than they are receiving now from Tanzania if they are to say and do anything. Too bad the cold war is over and there is no Soviet Union to use as a bait against the Americans.

For some time, in my personal opinion I believe Lissu has been making some serious tactical and strategic mistakes. Now that he is caught between a rock and a hard place, it isn't going to be easier.

Lissu means well and he is certainly a very brave man. We should feel lucky to live in his lifetime and to witness the birth of a legend. If he can surround himself with very smart people, there is hope that history is going to favor him.

Mwalimu Nyerere once asked, "Watanzania, who is your uncle?" At the moment, it depends on which side on the curr8ent political climate you are on.

they can't talk to a fool
It is not easy to cheat Americans easily by cheap lies of Tundu Lisu.Chadema were against government of Tanzania to buy planes from their company Boeing . Chadema and Tundu Lisu they continued insulting Boeing by allegging without any reliable evidence that Boeng is selling used Boeing planes to Tanzania.They tarnished the good brand name of Boeing that has been built for years.Americans are furious with Tundu Lisu and his Chadema for the issue of Boeing deal with Tanzania.

Tundu Lissu's situation is a very sensitive matter, don't let others fool you into thinking that it is not. We are now walking in unchartered territory.

If Lissu was Chinese or Iranian, chances are high that he would've been received with a heroes welcome in Washington.

For a high profile politician like Lissu who just survived a serious attempt on his life to go to a high profile American university and be relegated to a classroom of hardly 30 people is a serious statement that some historian somewhere has noted down. Someone somewhere has also certainly appreciated that American gratitude! I can't help but to wonder what he is prepared to give them in return.

His reception in Washington is a big diplomatic statement of our closeness behind closed doors or maybe the importance of our stability to their interests, or both.

Some of us, silent political analysts that is, we have always been intrigued by the relationship between these two countries. I remember there is one thread I made years ago asking if this relationship is Machiavellian. Two parties that don't really trust each other but have learned to use each other. There hasn't been a single person to expose this relationship for what it really is.

I am sure privately, American officials are expressing to Mr. Lissu how 'hurt' they are with his situation. They are probably trying not to cause any diplomatic rift with Tanzania, considering Tanzania had no problem kicking out the EU ambassador few months ago.

But to some of us their silence to this matter is not a mystery. Mr. Lissu has to promise them something bigger than they are receiving now from Tanzania if they are to say and do anything. I hope Lissu and CHADEMA are mature enough to play this smartly. Too bad the cold war is over and there is no Soviet Union to make Americans jealous.

I have always believed Lissu has been making some serious tactical and strategic mistakes. Now that he is caught between a rock and a hard place, it isn't going to be easier.

Mwalimu Nyerere once asked, "Watanzania, who is your uncle?" At the moment, it does or doesn't seem like he is an American, it depends on which side of the current political climate you are on.

he is black, he will remain one

he can be treated as a king only, if only Americans are 100% he is a next president and that they will benefit from him

otherwise americans are only focusing on getting their business done!..taking minerals, gas etc. Lisu is just an insect disturbing them in their lunch time

It is not easy to cheat Americans easily by cheap lies of Tundu Lisu.Chadema were against government of Tanzania to buy planes from their company Boeing . They continued insulting Boeing by allegging without any reliable evidence that Boeng is selling used Boeing planes to Tanzania.The tarnished a good brand name of Boeing that has been built for years.Americans are furious with Tundu Lisu and his Chadema for the issue of Boeing deal with Tanzania.
This is the reality of the day for Americans...Nothing permanent

he is black, he will remain one

he can be treated as a king only, if only Americans are 100% he is a next president and that they will benefit from him

otherwise americans are only focusing on getting their business done!..taking minerals, gas etc. Lisu is just an insect disturbing them in their lunch time
Kazi ipo. Ipo siku kitaeleweka

If Lissu was Chinese or Iranian, chances are high that he would've been received with a heroes welcome in Washington.

For a high profile politician like Lissu who just survived a serious attempt on his life to go to a high profile American university and be relegated to a classroom of hardly 30 people is a serious statement that some historian somewhere has noted down. Someone somewhere has also certainly appreciated that American gratitude! I can't help but to wonder what he is prepared to give them in return.

His reception in Washington is a big diplomatic statement of our closeness behind closed doors or maybe the importance of our stability to their interests, or both.

Some of us, silent political analysts that is, we have always been intrigued by the relationship between these two countries. I remember there is one thread I made years ago asking if this relationship is Machiavellian. Two parties that don't really trust each other but have learned to use each other. There hasn't been a single person to expose this relationship for what it really is.

But to some of us their silence to this matter is not a mystery. Mr. Lissu has to promise them something bigger than they are receiving now from Tanzania if they are to say and do anything. I hope Lissu and CHADEMA are mature enough to play this smartly. Too bad the cold war is over and there is no Soviet Union to make Americans jealous.

I have always believed Lissu has been making some serious tactical and strategic mistakes. Now that he is caught between a rock and a hard place, it isn't going to be easier.

Mwalimu Nyerere once asked, "Watanzania, who is your uncle?" At the moment, it does or doesn't seem like he is an American, it depends on which side of the current political climate you are on.
Upeo mdogo watashindwa kukuelewa kwa hicho ulicho andika ukivuta taswira kuna watu wako nyuma ya lisu na anatumiwa bila yeye kujua

It is not easy to cheat Americans easily by cheap lies of Tundu Lisu.Chadema were against government of Tanzania to buy planes from their company Boeing . Chadema and Tundu Lisu they continued insulting Boeing by allegging without any reliable evidence that Boeng is selling used Boeing planes to Tanzania.They tarnished the good brand name of Boeing that has been built for years.Americans are furious with Tundu Lisu and his Chadema for the issue of Boeing deal with Tanzania.
Were they? or they wanted a more transparent method and following National procurement guidelines? I remember Zitto is the one commented on the type of plan to be bought.

Upeo mdogo watashindwa kukuelewa kwa hicho ulicho andika ukivuta taswira kuna watu wako nyuma ya lisu na anatumiwa bila yeye kujua
Yes anatumiwa na hatafanikiwa kwa chochote. Muda utaongea. Soon anayyoyasema bila kuangalia vizuri yatakuwa kama story za vijiweni. Watu watazizoea. Jamaa ana Ego mbaya sana. Angefuatilia haki yake kwa strategy tofauti

Were they? or they wanted a more transparent method and following National procurement guidelines? I remember Zitto is the one commented on the type of plan to be bought.
Zitto Kabwe,Tundu Lisu and chadema were against Boeng selling planes to Tanzania even after delivery of the new Boeng planes the insulted Boeng that it has not brought new planes but used planes!!!!!!

United States of American has various means of approaching developing Nations.
USA can not jeopardize bilateral relationship with Tazanian government simply one MP from opposition party has been shouting SOS from foreign Western donor states to punish Magufuli Government.
They don't work like that,besides they are not angels.

Do procurement processes have to do anything with them? Wanauza Boeing. Wanajua mtanunua spares. Soon wataanza kuuza technologies nyingine tunazohitaji. Mungu wa mwanadamu sio Ulaya wala Marekani. Ni kupoteza mida yao kufikiria hao jamaa watawapa formula ya kinachowasibu. Infact jamaa wanawatumia tu

Back
Top Bottom