Whataboutism

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
Whataboutism, or if you like, whataboutery.

What is it? It’s a rhetorical device. It’s a form of ‘tu quoque’. ‘You too’.

When someone employs it as a tactic, it’s proof positive that they’re on the back foot.

Look here, there’s no perfect society anywhere in the world. I have never ever seen one. If anyone of you has, show me where it’s at.

Now, if a country like the United States of America says that it’s concerned about the deterioration of civil liberties in your country and all you have is ‘well, you got issues too’, that my friends is what is called whataboutism.

Charging your accuser with what you have been charged with. You don’t really address your accusations. You don’t refute their veracity.

All you do is just point the finger right back.

That’s what Albert Msando has done.

52393DF1-148F-4ACF-A396-42C42644F9A7.jpeg

Msando mzee wa fursa. He simply wants to attract attention especially from JPM and his circle. But as a matter of fact, tunaomjua AM is a professional crook. Serikali ingekuwa inatoa vyeo kwa kufanya vetting kama zamani, sidhani kama iko siku huyu bwana angepata hata ujumbe wa nyumba kumi. Again we live in changed times! Good riddance!

Show me his friends.......

He is just engaging in whataboutery.

A sidetracking tactic.
Interest naye naona kama hajajibu hoja. Anaposema kwamba Msando amefanya kitu kizuri anamaanisha kitu kizuri kivipi? Maana USA hawajatoa andiko bali wametoa taarifa kwa tendo walilofanya. Msando ameandika andiko, sasa kuna uhusiano gani hapo?

Yaani wanataka kusema kwamba Pompeo atamsikiliza Msando. Msando ni nani kwenye serikali ya Tanzania? Yaani serikali haijibu anatokea mtu anaandika maoni yake halafu wengine tunaona huyo alieandika kafanya kitu sahihi badala ya kujiuliza ni kwa nini serikali yetu haitoi maelezo kuhusu maamuzi ya kidplomasia yalilyofanywa na USA?

Kwa kuishutumu Marekani badala ya kuonesha kwamba Makonda hausiki kwa tuhuma alizotuhumiwa na Marekani? Ni sawa kwa mtu anayekwambia kwamba una tongotongo Usoni wewe kumjibu kwamba mbona na wewe shati lako hujalinyoosha kwa pasi?
Sasa watu wenyewe wametoa tuhuma bila kuanika ushahidi waliodai wanao unategemea watajibiwaje mitandaoni?

Sasa watu wenyewe wametoa tuhuma bila kuanika ushahidi waliodai wanao unategemea watajibiwaje mitandaoni?
Umesema kwamba serikali imesema hajijapewa taarifa rasmi. Lakini ile ni taarifa kwa umma ila anayetuhumiwa ni kiongozi wa serikali. Msando angesaidia zaidi kusema kwamba Makonda hahusiki na siyo kusema Marekani na wenyewe siyo wasafi.

Americans can accuse whoever they wish to accuse, but one thing they always leave behind is the evidence. Even in the American justice system, no prosecutor or defence team will take a case without enough evidence. Human rights issues are everywhere, no one is perfect, from Guantanamo to Vatican. All human rights issues in Tanzania are supposed to be addressed by Tanzanians themselves, if we were to let everyone bring their idea of how we should live our lives, will end with Tanzania of them rather than Tanzania for us. I'm sure even they they won't listen to anyone telling them how to live

Back
Top Bottom