Thread for all who need to help and be helped about English language related matters

Feb 13, 2018
I am very glad to inform you that, this thread is just for all who need to help and be helped about English language related matters.

Students with questions from primary to A-level are warmly welcome, don't hesitate to present your questions here. All teachers and the other English experts ARE INVITED SO THAT they can just give assistance to those who are in needy.

For the direct help from me, present your question here or consult me through the following contacts for personal help. Thank you very much.

BY MWL. KAJANA, SELEMAN M.
Linguistic Expert from UDOM.
seremankajana@gmail.com
0744112335/0658705660

Sawa Mkuu......
Swali langu ni kuwa kuna haya maneno kama vile may, can, etc nahitaji kujua conditions za matumizi yake mkuu....
Natanguliza shukran

I am very glad to inform you that, this thread is just for all who need to help and be helped about English language related matters. Students with questions from primary to A-level are warmly welcome, don't hesitate to present your questions here. All teachers and the other English experts ARE INVITED SO THAT they can just give assistance to those who are in needy.
For the direct help from me, present your question here or consult me through the following contacts for personal help. Thank you very much.
BY MWL. KAJANA, SELEMAN M.
Linguistic Expert from UDOM.
SELEMANKAJANA@YAHOO.COM
Shkamoo mwalimu...

Hebu niambie hili swali liko sahihi au kuna makosa? ...

"Which among of you is Ngosha?"

Kama kuna makosa linapaswa kuulizwaje?

Sawa Mkuu......
Swali langu ni kuwa kuna haya maneno kama vile may, can, etc nahitaji kujua conditions za matumizi yake mkuu....
Natanguliza shukran
ahasante. ntatumia kiingereza kukujibu mkuu, may and can are all modal verbs which are used to express possibilities, asking permissions etc but THEY differ as follow:
in asking permissions:
we use "can" in informal way but in formal " may" is used
consider the following examples:
1.can i ask you a question.
2.may i ask you a question.

in expressing possibilities
both may and can are just used but with different meaning
can is used to express what the speaker believes to be a general truth
eg, it can be dangerous to cycle in the the city

may is used to express what the speaker doesn't believe to be true/fact
eg, it may be dangerous to cycle in the city
THAT IS WHAT I KNOW, THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTION.

Shkamoo mwalimu...

Hebu niambie hili swali liko sahihi au kuna makosa? ...

"Which among of you is Ngosha?"

Kama kuna makosa linapaswa kuulizwaje?
WHICH IS HAVING A PROBLEM. THE CORRECT SHOULD BE "WHO IS NGOSHA AMONG YOU?
BUT which can be used to specify to give specification from many things which are like
for example:
which ngosha are you talking about.
which teacher is teaching you english.
THANKS!!!

Naomba msaada hili neno " imprest" nalisikia wahasibu wanalitumia sana lakini silioni kwenye kamusi. Ni English word au? Maana?

Naomba msaada hili neno " imprest" nalisikia wahasibu wanalitumia sana lakini silioni kwenye kamusi. Ni English word au? Maana?
UNAJUA KILA FIELD INA JARGON ZAKE KWO KWA HAPO CIWEZI JUA, LAKIN KATIKA KIINGEREZA HATUNA ILO NENO

WHICH IS HAVING A PROBLEM. THE CORRECT SHOULD BE "WHO IS NGOSHA AMONG YOU?
BUT which can be used to specify to give specification from many things which are like
for example:
which ngosha are you talking about.
which teacher is teaching you english.
THANKS!!!
Which one among of you is Ngosha?... what about that?