The Official Tanzania Tourism Website

zech

JF-Expert Member
Jan 1, 2011
I noticed that our country's official tourism portal is a direct copy of Newzealand's? check this out for yourself New Zealand Travel and New Zealand Business - The official website for New Zealand now check this one Tanzania Tourism they just duplicated the Newzealand website.

My Question is:-
Do we lack creativity or are we just morally corrupt? From the way i see it, those who developed the Tanzanian site can actually write proper css + js.

Couldn't they just use the New zealand site as an Inspiration rather than completely cloning it?. What does the cyber crime law say about that?

Labda imetengenezwa na watu wa newzealand. Niliwahi kuleta mada kama hii miaka ilopita ila watu hawakunielewa. Niligundua site nyingi bongo zinafanana zenyewe kwa zenyewe au zinafanana na za nje. Nikatoa na mifano mingi. Creativity ni tatizo, ku come up na something new ni kazi kubwa

Labda imetengenezwa na watu wa newzealand. Niliwahi kuleta mada kama hii miaka ilopita ila watu hawakunielewa. Niligundua site nyingi bongo zinafanana zenyewe kwa zenyewe au zinafanana na za nje. Nikatoa na mifano mingi. Creativity ni tatizo, ku come up na something new ni kazi kubwa

Good suggestion, labda imetengenezwa na watu wa Newzealand, but checking the code, I usually do that a lot, it looks like the code is written by a local developer(I know unaweza kusema nimejuaje, for starters, css code if it was written by an experienced developer it would be compiled from a preprocessor and probably minified because that is a big project, speed matters).

The site is using ExpressionEngine and the error pages are not properly done, so this all points to a local developer.

CREATIVITY
I think its okay to use more than one sites as inspiration, this gives you more than one places you can get ideas from, these guys just used a single site and just copied everything

hii ni copyright infringement tukiambiwa tulipe million dollars sijui nani alaumiwe, this is a direct copy and paste unless web designer huyu kapata tenda ya kidunia kutengeneza tourism websites with same features

Hilo tatizo chanzo chake kikubwa ni katika mfumo wetu wa Elimu. Hatupewi changamoto za kuwa creative kuanzia ngazi ya chini. Almost kila kitu ni copy n paste! Sthing has to be done ktk elimu ya vitendo.

I noticed that our country's official tourism portal is a direct copy of Newzealand's? check this out for yourself New Zealand Travel and New Zealand Business - The official website for New Zealand now check this one Tanzania Tourism they just duplicated the Newzealand website.

My Question is:-
Do we lack creativity or are we just morally corrupt? From the way i see it, those who developed the Tanzanian site can actually write proper css + js.

Couldn't they just use the New zealand site as an Inspiration rather than completely cloning it?. What does the cyber crime law say about that?

It cannot rank on Google. I think they should consult an experienced SEO expert to edit those words so that it can rank on google

Na usione hapo huyo jamaa kalipwa mpaka kajenga nuumba kwa ku copy and paste tu

hii ni copyright infringement tukiambiwa tulipe million dollars sijui nani alaumiwe, this is a direct copy and paste unless web designer huyu kapata tenda ya kidunia kutengeneza tourism websites with same features

Just what i was thinking, Hawa jamaa wa NewZealand wakiona then wakaamua kupeleka mahakamani, itakuaje? I don't know what those cybercrime laws za bongo zinasemaje kuhusu hili?

Hilo tatizo chanzo chake kikubwa ni katika mfumo wetu wa Elimu. Hatupewi changamoto za kuwa creative kuanzia ngazi ya chini. Almost kila kitu ni copy n paste! Sthing has to be done ktk elimu ya vitendo.

I don't know kama unaweza laumu elimu hapa, obviously whoever developed the site is a good designer, i think its more of a moral issue, wewe kama you are getting paid millions(i think that projects cost the government more than 10m,could be more actually), you need to have some pride and do something genuine.

You can't just copy somebody else's work and pray that you won't get found out. You need to have that pride that you are representing your country, you also need to be able to one day say, i Developed this site for my country.

If i did that site i wouldn't even display it as one of my projects, but anyways people differ. This same thing happend last year when that company in Dar used a pre-made template waka-submit on awwwards website, wakawa nominated wakaandika hadi magazetini kwamba they need Tanzanians to support them win. Just lack of morals man, can't blame education, these guys are already educated enough to know that.

. This same thing happend last year when that company in Dar used a pre-made template waka-submit on awwwards website, wakawa nominated wakaandika hadi magazetini kwamba they need Tanzanians to support them win. Just lack of morals man, can't blame education, these guys are already educated enough to know that.

That company riiiight:thinking::thinking::thinking:they even came to Jamiiforums.... "kupeperusha bendera ya Tanzania"....i believe they used this...

Alma ? v1-video

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but please acknowledge your own sources; so many so called developers and designers in TZ use already made products and call themselves Gurus:bump2:
Its the circle of life man me nah gon complain:majani7:.

But you gotta give some credit to some of these dudes, to copy paste some work and sell it to the government really takes some courage when you think of the possible implications it might have...on the other note there is a very thin line between bravery and stupidity:twitch:

That company riiiight:thinking::thinking::thinking:they even came to Jamiiforums.... "kupeperusha bendera ya Tanzania"....i believe they used this...

Alma ? v1-video

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but please acknowledge your own sources; so many so called developers and designers in TZ use already made products and call themselves Gurus:bump2:

But you gotta give some credit to some of these dudes, to copy paste some work and sell it to the government really takes some courage when you think of the possible implications it might have...on the other note there is a very thin line between bravery and stupidity:twitch:

Haha, yes that's the template they used. I would be so embarrassed if i used a theme done by another person for my own website, these dudes took it another notch, and assumed we're all stupid, anyways i also blame the government, they have that eGa(whatever) thing which should be 'quality controlling' these things.

Alma ? v1-video

Your damn right!

Back
Top Bottom