Tanzania na Kenya kushirikiana kutokomeza usafirishaji haramu wa Binadamu

Lady Whistledown

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2021
Baada ya ripoti ya BBC Africa Eye kufichua kupangwa kwa utoroshwaji wa watoto walemavu kutoka Tanzania hadi Kenya na kugeuzwa omba omba, nchi hizo zimeahidi kufanya kazi kwa karibu kutokomeza biashara hiyo

Mkuu wa Kitengo cha Utafiti, Takwimu na Ukarabati wa Sekretarieti ya Kupambana na Biashara Haramu nchini, Alexander Lupilya, amesema wana taarifa za wahanga watano wa biashara hiyo ambao wako Kenya wakisubiri kurejea Tanzania, ambapo taratibu nyingine za kiuchunguzi na upatikanaji wa haki zitaendelea

Utafiti umeonesha kuwa Wahasiriwa wengi huchukuliwa kutoka kwa wazazi wao kwa ahadi ya maisha bora. Lakini mara walipofika Nairobi wanalazimika kuomba omba barabarani huku mapato yakienda kwa waliowachukua

Tanzania says it is “disappointed” to see children “being trafficked to Kenya for exploitation” following a BBC undercover investigation exposing the crime.

Alexander Lupilya, the head of research, statistics and rehabilitation at Tanzania’s anti-trafficking secretariat, said the government was aware of the problem and was taking various measures to address it.

This includes creating awareness within the communities from where the traffickers lure the victims, as well as and training police and immigration officers to identify and investigate such cases.

Mr Lupilya also said Tanzania was in contact with the Kenyan authorities on the matter.

"So far we have five victims of trafficking who are in Kenya waiting to return to Tanzania, so we have been communicating and working closely with the government in Kenya,” he said.

The BBC undercover investigation Forced to Beg: Tanzania’s Trafficked Kids exposes a human trafficking network smuggling disabled children from Tanzania to Kenya.

Many of the children are taken from their parents with the promise of a better life.

Instead, the children are forced to beg on the streets – often for years – while their captors take all of the profits.

Kenya's director of public prosecution has vowed to take action after a BBC Africa Eye report revealed the organised smuggling of disabled children from Tanzania to Kenya for profit.

“I am actually ashamed and not trying to give an excuse, I promise to pick it up myself but the best thing is for us to have a conversation as East Africans", Noordin Haji said on Tuesday.

"Lobbying is going to be one of the best things, let us engage politicians, civil servants - if we can agree and have a focus, I can assure you I will be part of that and also include my colleagues in the criminal justice system," he added.

Tanzania meanwhile has also spoken of its "disappointment" at the BBC's findings, and says it is already "working closely" with Kenya to tackle the scourge of child trafficking.

Many victims in these cases are taken from their parents with the promise of a better life. But once in Nairobi they are forced to beg on the streets with the proceeds going to their captors.

SOURCE: BBC

Hii documentary nmeiangalia jana usiku. One of the best documentaries. Inaumiza pale unapomsikia bwana Zengo ana lafudhi kabisa ya kisukuma na still anakua na roho mbaya dhidi ya watu wasio na msaada.

Japokua hata huku bongo kuna watu wanaofanya hii biashara i think ni wakati muafaka kulitafutia hili tatizo solution mahususi.

BBC Africa eye wanajitahidi sana, kama ile documentary ya mchina aliekua anawarekodi watoto na kuwapiga, China wamesema wanalifuatilia.

Natamani na Tanzania kungekua na investigative journalist wengi zaidi ili kuweza kuonyesha baadhi ya maovu mengi yanayoendelea.

Back
Top Bottom