Tanesco loses Sh16 billion per month

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007

Tanesco loses Sh16 billion per month​

MONDAY OCTOBER 18 2021​

Tanesco PIC

Director general for Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (Tanesco), Mr Maharage Chande.

Summary

• Tanesco is a big organisation, which collects a revenue worth of Sh1.8 trillion per month, but 60 percent of that money is a loss due to efficiency issues. But, if we can install smart meters to large and domestic users we can save around $3.5 million

By Gadiosa Lamtey
More by this Author

Dar es Salaam. The new director general for Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (Tanesco), Mr Maharage Chande, said at the weekend that the power utility has been losing $7 million (about Sh16.13 billion) a month due to inefficiency, power losses, technical and non-technical issues. He said a lot of work was needed to reverse the trend.
Mr Maharage said in ensuring that the power utility does not make such losses, they have come up with six areas that he and his team will work on with a view to making customers get the best services they deserve.
“Tanesco is a big organisation, which collects a revenue worth of Sh1.8 trillion per month, but 60 percent :oops:🤔of that money is a loss due to efficiency issues. But, if we can install smart meters to large and domestic users we can save around $3.5 million,” he said.
He said that on Friday during the event organized by Mwananchi Communications Limited (MCL) to celebrate 60 years of independence in the sector. Tanzania will mark 60 years of Tanganyika independence on December 9, 2021 and is organising a series of such events to mark the anniversary.
“I have only 20 days since I started working with Tanesco. My honeymoon is coming to an end but I thank President Samia Suluhu Hassan for giving me this opportunity to serve my country because not everyone gets this chance,” he said.
He explained further that in areas of efficiency there are a lot and exciting opportunities that can be done and bring change in the organisation.
He named other areas that include sources mobilisation, strategic projects and stakeholders, and customers engagements
“There are large users who need power to establish industries, but they do not get it, so we will ensure our staff are well engaged with customers and serve them better.” He added: “People normally say Tanesco is politically driven, I want to say we will improve communication to ensure services are delivered. We will be busy ensuring all the information is available so that we can stamp out the notion that we are politically driven,” he insisted.

In the headlines​

Tanesco loses Sh16 billion per month​

MONDAY OCTOBER 18 2021​

Tanesco PIC

Director general for Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (Tanesco), Mr Maharage Chande.

Summary

• Tanesco is a big organisation, which collects a revenue worth of Sh1.8 trillion per month, but 60 percent of that money is a loss due to efficiency issues. But, if we can install smart meters to large and domestic users we can save around $3.5 million

By Gadiosa Lamtey
More by this Author

Dar es Salaam. The new director general for Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (Tanesco), Mr Maharage Chande, said at the weekend that the power utility has been losing $7 million (about Sh16.13 billion) a month due to inefficiency, power losses, technical and non-technical issues. He said a lot of work was needed to reverse the trend.
Mr Maharage said in ensuring that the power utility does not make such losses, they have come up with six areas that he and his team will work on with a view to making customers get the best services they deserve.
“Tanesco is a big organisation, which collects a revenue worth of Sh1.8 trillion per month, but 60 percent :oops:🤔of that money is a loss due to efficiency issues. But, if we can install smart meters to large and domestic users we can save around $3.5 million,” he said.
He said that on Friday during the event organized by Mwananchi Communications Limited (MCL) to celebrate 60 years of independence in the sector. Tanzania will mark 60 years of Tanganyika independence on December 9, 2021 and is organising a series of such events to mark the anniversary.
“I have only 20 days since I started working with Tanesco. My honeymoon is coming to an end but I thank President Samia Suluhu Hassan for giving me this opportunity to serve my country because not everyone gets this chance,” he said.
He explained further that in areas of efficiency there are a lot and exciting opportunities that can be done and bring change in the organisation.
He named other areas that include sources mobilisation, strategic projects and stakeholders, and customers engagements
“There are large users who need power to establish industries, but they do not get it, so we will ensure our staff are well engaged with customers and serve them better.” He added: “People normally say Tanesco is politically driven, I want to say we will improve communication to ensure services are delivered. We will be busy ensuring all the information is available so that we can stamp out the notion that we are politically driven,” he insisted.

In the headlines​

Bak mzee wa box kwa US hali ya upoteevu ukoje?

Tanesco ni mzigo wa misumari. Kwa mikataba iliyoingia na makampuni yanaowauzia umeme ni mikataba ya kifisadi na imepelekea Tanesco kushindwa kujiendesha kibiashara na sasa wamebaki kutoa huduma ambayo bado ni mbovu.
Mzee Benjamini Mkapa pumzika kwa amani lakini mikataba yote mibovu una mkono wako.

How much does the smart meter cost?, and what the Meter does I think is to hinder thieves to use free electricity (but if some government institutions don't just pay I don't think those meters are so smart as to Slap their backsides....

Na bado hasara zitaendelea kwa miaka mingi ijayo kutokana na management ya Tanesco kuingiliwa na wanasiasa. Kama Kikwete na Lowassa wasingejifanya kuwa wajuaji na kuigomea management ya Tansesco ambayo iligma kusaini mkataba na Richmond basi pesa chungu nzima tulizopigwa na Richmond/Dowans zisingepotea na kuishia mifukoni mwa fisadi Aziz Rostam.

Tanesco ni mzigo wa misumari. Kwa mikataba iliyoingia na makampuni yanaowauzia umeme ni mikataba ya kifisadi na imepelekea Tanesco kushindwa kujiendesha kibiashara na sasa wamebaki kutoa huduma ambayo bado ni mbovu.
Mzee Benjamini Mkapa pumzika kwa amani lakini mikataba yote mibovu una mkono wako.

That is very good question and very unfortunately Tanesco will not answer that question.

How much does the smart meter costs?, and what the Meter does I think is to hinder thieves to use free electricity (but if some government institutions don't just pay I don't think those meters are so smart as to Slap their backsides....

Na bado hasara zitaendelea kwa miaka mingi ijayo kutokana na management ya Tanesco kuingiliwa na wanasiasa. Kama Kikwete na Lowassa wasingejifanya kuwa wajuaji na kuigomea management ya Tansesco ambayo iligma kusaini mkataba na Richmond basi pesa chungu nzima tulizopigwa na Richmond/Dowans zisingepotea na kuishia mifukoni mwa fisadi Aziz Rostam.
Ufisadi huu hautasahaulika....

cb1.jpg

Huyo Kingunge sijui hesabu alisomea wapi. mapato kwa mwezi 1.8 trillions shillings, hasara kwa mwezi 16 billion sijui hiyo 60% kaitoa wapi.

Sh1.8 trillion per month, but 60 percent :oops:🤔of that money is a loss due to efficiency

Huyo Kingunge sijui hesaba alisomea wapi. mapato kwa mwezi 1.8 trillions shillings, hasara kwa mwezi 16 billion sijui hiyo 60% kaitoa wapi.

Sh1.8 trillion per month, but 60 percent :oops:of that money is a loss due to efficiency
Hayo ni makusanyo. Maana yake yake hawajakata cost zozote hapo mf mishahara, production costs etc..

• Nzuri
Reactions: BAK
Bado 60% kama hasara ni kubwa mno. Sidhani kama CAG wasingeandika kuhusu hilo unless dhalimu Magufuli aliwazuia CAGs kukagua Financial Statements za Tanesco.

Hayo ni makusanyo. Maana yake yake hawajakata cost zozote hapo mf mishahara, production costs etc..

Kingunge ndiyo kasema hvyo Mkuu bila shaka kazipitia Financial Statements ili kujiridhisha.

Tanesco hawajawahi kukusanya trilioni 1.8 kwa mwenzi acheni kudanganya watu kwahiyo tanesco wanaizidi TRA?

Back
Top Bottom