Respect yourself

Determine your goal
Commit to your goal by leaping into situations that require you to live up to your goal
Determine the roles you will need to play in the various situations you create
Act the part until you become the part
Develop relationships with people who have your back and can help you achieve your goals
Repeat, but at higher levels with more stretching leaps

How to Become a More Powerful Person
Those who think passively believe they are weaker than they actually are. With a small shift in perspective, they can really take control of their lives. I want to nail down the difference in these perspectives, so I’m going to give some thought examples. If the passive thinking examples resemble your thinking today, imagine how your behavior might change if you decided to think like the powerful example.

Passive thinking: I should exercise today, but I’m a little tired and, oh, maybe I should do laundry. I should have done it yesterday. Are my new shoes coming in today?
Powerful thinking: I will exercise today no matter what.
The Difference: Passive thinking is predictably unpredictable, distracted, more concerned with the past and future than right now, and it’s easily influenced by internal and external factors. Powerful thinking is simple, clear, concise, and focused on making valuable decisions in the present moment, and it isn’t influenced at all by external factors. The only internal factor that matters to a powerful thinker is their choice, what they decide to do.

Passive thinking: Wow, I’ve been in such a rut lately. Ugh, I should be doing better than this. I just feel so drained, and now I’m in a bad mood, which makes me feel even worse. Uggghhhhhh. Why can’t my life be [better, different, like his/hers, etc.]? What am I doing wrong?
Powerful thinking: That’s not how I wanted to start the day, but what’s done is done. I’m going to salvage the day (choice). I’ll work on the spreadsheets, meditate for 5 minutes, call James and Tim, and then head to the gym (all deliberate choices).
The Difference: Passive thinking focuses on their feelings of shame, disappointment, and inadequacy. It’s weak on solutions and strong on excuses. Negative feelings will loop, because it feels bad to feel bad. Comparison is also common, to another person’s life or to what they feel life should be like. Powerful thinking, however, may acknowledge a slow or undesired recent past, but then the mind will quickly recognize that these events have expired and are no longer worth thinking about. The powerful thinker will quickly begin making choices to shape their day into something they want.

Passive thinkers observe their life and comment on it. They’re passengers.

Powerful thinkers actively shape their lifestyle by making firm choices. They’re drivers.

Our life scars are merely wounds revealing to us that we are “unstoppable”. Whatever you have experienced, understand that you are still here. Do not get stuck in the “what happened to me” story. Step into the “what is happening now” chapter. Your scars are proof of your personal power. You are not losing unless you decide to keep looking backwards. Winning is in your DNA. Believe the Champion in You! -Adrian Starks

Put your emotions out of the reach of emotional vampires. In this phase of your journey, you're going higher the moment you stop letting people have the privileges of you without the responsibilities of you. You have to guard your emotions to keep your peace. Your peace is your power and in this phase of your life, if they don't respect your peace you have to be OK with keeping them in your prayers and putting them out of your life. ✍

Never lie to someone who trusts you, and never trust someone who lies to you.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy: Free your heart from hatred. Free your mind from worries. Live simply. Give more. Expect less.

It’s better to know and be disappointed, than to never know and always wonder.

Where ever You put sincere efforts never goes waste.
Think positive.

Later or sooner the man who wins is the man who think he can.

SWEET SUNDAY

A problem is a solution undiscovered. It’s a gap that you have yet to fill. Do not let your problems overwhelm you. Like my mother always says, “never let a problem keep you from sleeping bc it will be there anyway when you wake up”. The options are there. We must center ourselves and know that nothing can outsmart the human mind when it is determined and willing to succeed. You have that brilliant instrument free of charge. All you have to do is use it. Give yourself time to think, not critically but constructively. The answer will come to you because it has to. Believe the Champion in You! -Adrian Starks

You will never be greater than the thoughts that dominate your mind

If it’s true that you become what you think about most, it follows that the quantity and quality of success you achieve in your life will be in direct proportion to the size of your thoughts. If you allow your mind to be dominated by trivial matters, your achievements are likely to be unimportant. Discipline yourself to think about important things. Keep up with what’s new in your field and with what’s going on in the world. Make a list of good ideas that you can use anytime you are searching for a creative solution to a problem. Remember, small minds think about things; great minds think about ideas.

Are you waiting for success to arrive, or are you going out to find where it is hiding?

The poet John Milton’s words, “They also serve who only stand and wait,” may be both profound and genuine, but the true riches of life are far more likely to accrue to those who actively go out and seek them. Seldom does success come marching in accompanied by a brass band in full regalia. More often, it’s achieved by those who labor long and hard. Take the initiative, and you will create your own opportunities. There is no substitute for action backed up by a well-thought-out plan.

Don’t push others around if you have no blisters on your own feet.

Good officers lead by example and make sure the troops are cared for before attending to their own needs. When you treat others respectfully and never ask another to do something you would be unwilling to do yourself, you are entitled to the respect of others — and they will freely give it. But you cannot expect others to continue marching until they have blisters on their feet while you ride in the jeep. Leading others means you must be willing to give far more of yourself than you would ever ask from them.

Take some time this week to self examine. What has been bothering you? Write this emotion/ concern out on paper. When we write out a powerful negative emotion this reduces its strength. This allows our powerful mind to have more room to think clearly and intelligently. Seeing it on paper is just words. You are the one that gives it power or can take it away. When you write it out you take the control instead of suppressing it inside to later erupt in a conversation or encounter. Claim your personal space on that paper. It’s waiting. Believe the Champion in You! -Adrian Starks

To be healthy, functioning individuals, we need to feel good about ourselves. To feel good about ourselves, we need to feel that our time and energy is spent meaningfully. Meaning is the fuel of our minds. When you run out of it, everything else stops working.”

Self esteem does not come from others
It’s not anyone’s job to make you feel good about yourself. It can only come from you.

Some articles suggest that readers should “learn to accept compliments” — several even went so far as to suggest that you approach others and “ask them what they like about you.”

Trying to build self esteem through “others’ compliments” is like trying to learn how to walk by being carried.

Only you control of your self-acceptance and self-love.

There is a reason
For every pain that we must bear,
For every burden, every care
There is a reason.
For every grief that crushes our heart
For every scalding tear we shed,
There is a reason.
For every hurt, for every plight,
For every lonely, painful night
There is a reason.
Yet, if we trust God, as we all must,
It all can turn to be for our good,
He knows the Reason.

Those who can’t take directions graciously have no business giving them.

If you are an irresponsible or argumentative worker who cannot accept instructions from others, you are destined to remain at the bottom of the workforce. Before you can ever hope to manage other people, you must learn to manage yourself and your relationships with others effectively, particularly with those in higher positions in the organization. Unless you can learn how to manage your relationship with your own boss or bosses, you will never be able to manage a relationship with your subordinates

Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.

Do not set yourself on fire in order to keep others warm." "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."