Respect yourself

Aravind J K:
Short story_Release your cows:

One day, after the Buddha and a group of monks finished eating lunch mindfully together, a farmer, very agitated, came by and asked, “Monks, have you seen my cows? I don’t think I can survive so much misfortune.”

The Buddha asked him, ‘What happened” and the man said, “Monks, this morning all twelve of my cows ran away. And this year my whole crop of sesame plants was eaten by insects!”
The Buddha said, “Sir, we have not seen your cows. Perhaps they have gone in the other direction.”

After the farmer went off in that direction, the Buddha turned to his Sangha and said, “Dear friends, do you know you are the happiest people on Earth? You have no cows or sesame plants to lose.” We always try to accumulate more and more, and we think these ‘cows’ are essential for our existence. In fact, they may be the obstacles that prevent us from being happy. Release your cows and become a free person. Release your cows so you can be truly happy”.[1]

Buddha was a wise man as he prevented the creation of problem itself by releasing the cows, which he did not need.

He explained that our problems are due to excessive accumulation of wealth, which becomes the source of our troubles rather than becoming the source of joy.He explained that the root of our problems is desire. Unless we are able to manage our desires, we can’t manage our life.

A farmer could be at the best a smart person, if he can manage his cows well. He has no wisdom to identify the root of the problem and hence he tries to maximize his happiness by accumulating more wealth than he would ever need and trying to manage it well.

The famous management Guru Peter Drucker said this very wisely, “There is nothing quite so useless, as doing with great efficiency, something that should not be done at all.”
If you want something New, you have to stop doing something old
-Peter Drucker

Stop dwelling & brooding over things that haven’t worked out. Accept what happened, acknowledge how you feel about it, then put it behind you and move on. Remember, it’s all part of the Almighty’s Plan. You can’t change the past, but you can surely do something about the future.

If you live your life making decisions based on what others will think of you, it’s time for a rethink. If you live your life for others, you’ll never know peace because nothing you do will be good enough. You can’t please everyone.

As humans, we love to plan. We plan for today, tommorw, the future. It’s fine to plan. Dream. Hope. Pray for the best. But put your trust in the One who knows you better than you know yourself. And in the process, always remember that the Almighty is the Best of Planners

Respect yourself! Hold your head up high! It's not arrogance. It only means you know your worth.

You see, how others treat you is a reflection of how you treat yourself!

How do you carry yourself around? What environment do you create around you?

Does it attract good people and things into your life? It's really important

Treat yourself good. Hold yourself to higher standards and keep your word. It's time to rise above the level of mediocrity.

You see, eagles don't mingle with pigeons. If you have some goals that you are reaching for, you can't do that by being around negative people.

They will cause you to lose your nerve and your focus. But how do you avoid negative people when you yourself are negative?

So, start from yourself. You can do it. I BELIEVE IN YOU

Good morning & Have A

Great week ahead!
Amaizing !! Amaizing

No matter how big a challenge you face, you must believe in your abilities and perseverance.

Hold on to your dreams, even if the journey is difficult, one day you will reap the rewards

Life is a marathon, and the one who persists until the end is the winner.