Pictures from Obama's First State Dinner...and more!

slide_3822_54003_large.jpg

Brian Mosteller, deputy director of Oval Office operations, looks through a peephole in the Oval Office door to monitor the progress of the bilateral meeting between President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India. Also pictured, from left, are Personal Secretary Katie Johnson, Chief of Protocol Capricia Marshall, Huma Abedin, advisor to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and U.S. Ambassador to India Timothy Roemer, Nov. 24, 2009​

Mkuu, naona kuna jamaa anapiga chabo, kulikoni?

Jamaa waliozamia sasa wanaeza kufunguliwa mashtaka.

slide_3820_54102_large.jpg

AP - Tareq and Michaele Salahi, the couple who crashed the White House state dinner, may face criminal charges, the Secret Service announced today.

Jim Mackin, the agency's spokesman, said this is one reason the Secret Service has kept mum about what happened when the couple, who are auditioning for the Bravo reality show "The Real Housewives of DC", arrived at the security checkpoint Tuesday. They were not on the guest list for the dinner honoring Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh but managing to get into the party, where they posed for photos with Vice President Joe Biden and Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

"As this moves closer to a criminal investigation there's less that we can say," Mackin said. "I don't want to jeopardize what could be a criminal investigation. We're not leaving any option off the table at this point

It was not immediately clear what charges would be pursued. The Salahis lawyer, Paul Gardner, posted a comment on their Facebook page saying, "My clients were cleared by the White House, to be there."
He said more information would be forthcoming.

Attempts to reach Gardner on Friday were not immediately successful.
Michaele Salahi's hairdresser at the Georgetown salon where she scheduled a last-minute appointment hours before the dinner said she asked to look at the invitation to the White House event, but never saw it.

"She was so excited. She told me that she got it in the mail and it was just an amazing feeling and they couldn't wait and in fact they called the White House, I believe, to make sure that she was going to be dressed appropriately," Peggy Ioakim told CBS' "The Early Show" on Friday. Salahi wore a red sari to the dinner.

Bravo Media, meanwhile, confirmed that on the day of the dinner Michaele Salahi was being filmed around Washington and while she prepared for the dinner by a film crew connected with the network's reality show, "The Real Housewives of D.C.," because she is being considered for the upcoming TV program.

yaani kuna vitu vinachekesha ilikuwaje mpaka wakaweza wakazaminia wakati kuna security ya kutosha ???

Du..hii nikali...
Watu kwa raha zao wanajimwaya!
Inaonyesha ilikuwa party nzuri sana na walienjoy!

du..hii nikali...
Watu kwa raha zao wanajimwaya!
Inaonyesha ilikuwa party nzuri sana na walienjoy!

na hao waliozamia wako very happy ..lakini wamefanya vizuri tu cause hawakujua kama wangeweza kupata chance kama hiyo

Jamaa waliozamia sasa wanaeza kufunguliwa mashtaka.

slide_3820_54102_large.jpg

AP - Tareq and Michaele Salahi, the couple who crashed the White House state dinner, may face criminal charges, the Secret Service announced today.

Jim Mackin, the agency's spokesman, said this is one reason the Secret Service has kept mum about what happened when the couple, who are auditioning for the Bravo reality show "The Real Housewives of DC", arrived at the security checkpoint Tuesday. They were not on the guest list for the dinner honoring Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh but managing to get into the party, where they posed for photos with Vice President Joe Biden and Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

"As this moves closer to a criminal investigation there's less that we can say," Mackin said. "I don't want to jeopardize what could be a criminal investigation. We're not leaving any option off the table at this point

It was not immediately clear what charges would be pursued. The Salahis lawyer, Paul Gardner, posted a comment on their Facebook page saying, "My clients were cleared by the White House, to be there."
He said more information would be forthcoming.

Attempts to reach Gardner on Friday were not immediately successful.
Michaele Salahi's hairdresser at the Georgetown salon where she scheduled a last-minute appointment hours before the dinner said she asked to look at the invitation to the White House event, but never saw it.

"She was so excited. She told me that she got it in the mail and it was just an amazing feeling and they couldn't wait and in fact they called the White House, I believe, to make sure that she was going to be dressed appropriately," Peggy Ioakim told CBS' "The Early Show" on Friday. Salahi wore a red sari to the dinner.

Bravo Media, meanwhile, confirmed that on the day of the dinner Michaele Salahi was being filmed around Washington and while she prepared for the dinner by a film crew connected with the network's reality show, "The Real Housewives of D.C.," because she is being considered for the upcoming TV program.

My goodness,hawa gate crashers kumbe even had a chance to talk with Obama???????
Even with Rahm?????????
What a security breach!!!!!!!

Kwa mara ya kwanza katika jukwaa hili nimetoa pongenzi, si kwa sababu zimeletwa picha za watu mashuhuri wenye rangi nyeusi, bali kwa sababu umeuonesha usahihi na kusifia uhalisi. Katika hili, picha ya thamani inajidhihilisha, Mungu ndiye anayeyajua makusudi yake, ni vyema tukawa nyuma ya yule anayeonesha kuwa na mtizamo wa kuiongoza dunia kuthubutu kumtaja Mungu kwa haki.

swali la kizushi, kwa nini kwetu wanapita kwenye zuria lenye rangi ya bendera ya taifa kama pale bungeni je si makosa kuikanyaga bendera yetu ya Taifa?

Tuwekee na picha ya mkuu wetu wa kaya na wa ubani wake tuburudike!!

Duh! Bonge ya mnuso halafu huyo mama Obama si mchezo hata akivaa suti ya gunia atafunika tu sijui dezigner wake nani naona akina remtulah na mwanamboka wakaibe utaalam kidogo.Hongera kwa wale waliozamia ni wakali kbsa BIG UP!

slide_3942_55363_large.jpg

DC Mayor Adrian Fenty and wife Michelle

slide_3942_55362_large.jpg

Caroline Kennedy

slide_3942_55364_large.jpg

Katie Couric and Brooks Perlin

slide_3942_55365_large.jpg

Rahm Emanuel and wife Amy Rule

slide_3942_55366_large.jpg

Sting and Trudie Styler

slide_3942_55372_large.jpg

Eddie Vedder and Jill McCormick