Oakland, California: Poor, Economic Inequality, High Unemployment!

trachomatis

JF-Expert Member
Jun 7, 2011
Imagine these things on that thread.There has been riots over there, police against citizens[you all know about Wall Street Journal protests]. I saw ladies being bitten and arrested by male police!And they are saying they better die. Now like ''Arab spring'' or ''Arab awakening''i.e.Tunisia,Egypt,Libya,Syria and Yemen and it was on TV 24/7,can we call this ''America awakening''?

By the way,do we have enough coverage of these matters on western telecasts?

Imagine these things on that thread.There has been riots over there, police against citizens[you all know about Wall Street Journal protests]. I saw ladies being bitten and arrested by male police!And they are saying they better die. Now like ''Arab spring'' or ''Arab awakening''i.e.Tunisia,Egypt,Libya,Syria and Yemen and it was on TV 24/7,can we call this ''America awakening''?
Brutality is as American as apple pie. Ask the 'Red' Indians, the African slaves, the Black Panthers, the Anti-Segregation Movement, the Vietnamese, the Iraqis, the Afghans, the Central and South Americans ..................................... But ordinary Americans are always fed the lies that the brutality is about protecting freedom, democracy, human rights, American values, etc. And they believe it. In fact they have to because anybody who does not will be targeted by the FBI, CIA, police and other shadowy enforcers. I think we are going to see more and more American brutality, domestically and internationally, as America struggles to stop or delay its inevitable economic decline.

Yeah! I agree TO 4 U.. But there is a day. And the day is near. When even ordinary Americans will come to understand their FOREIGN POLICY in a different perspective.

Brutality is as American as apple pie. Ask the 'Red' Indians, the African slaves, the Black Panthers, the Anti-Segregation Movement, the Vietnamese, the Iraqis, the Afghans, the Central and South Americans ..................................... But ordinary Americans are always fed the lies that the brutality is about protecting freedom, democracy, human rights, American values, etc. And they believe it. In fact they have to because anybody who does not will be targeted by the FBI, CIA, police and other shadowy enforcers. I think we are going to see more and more American brutality, domestically and internationally, as America struggles to stop or delay its inevitable economic decline.

That's true and now they want to send troops to uganda to help defeat a militia group they have been funding all along. This militia group has existed and caused problems for decades and suddenly now uganda finds oil the US has a desire to help the cause. The bluntness of it all is astonishing.

Yeah! I agree TO 4 U.. But there is a day. And the day is near. When even ordinary Americans will come to understand their FOREIGN POLICY in a different perspective.

I'm afraid many ordinary americans could come to the realization of US foriegn policy and it's effects and still not bat an eye as long as they can buy their new suv's flatscreens and iphones.

It's a pity then to the world as a whole! @TO 4U.. Imagine today New Yorkers have staged demo as well to support that in Oakland California.

and that is democracy

jiulize kama wamarekani wanatandika wananchi wao, kwanini isiwe bongo??

tunakula miguu yetu kwa sasa

That's true and now they want to send troops to uganda to help defeat a militia group they have been funding all along. This militia group has existed and caused problems for decades and suddenly now uganda finds oil the US has a desire to help the cause. The bluntness of it all is astonishing.

I'm afraid many ordinary americans could come to the realization of US foriegn policy and it's effects and still not bat an eye as long as they can buy their new suv's flatscreens and iphones.

Well said and elaborated.
Majority of Americans don't care about what's going outside US.

Well said and elaborated.
Majority of Americans don't care about what's going outside US.

That's true and as a hallmark quote "consumption in industrialized nations has led to overexploitation of the resources of developing countries" the US leads the way.

Few statistics to ponder:
The US consumption of oil per day is more than china india russia and japan combined 55-60% being imported.
The US 4.4% of the world's population consumes 25% of the world's fossil fuels with some sources around 30%.
One American consumes as much energy as 370 Tanzanians.
The U.S. produces 22% of world's total industrial carbon dioxide emissions.
In the last 200 years the United States has lost:
50% of its wetlands
90% of its northwestern old-growth forests
99% of its tall grass prairie and
up to 490 species of native plants and animals
with another 9,000 now at risk - trade off for over industrialization.

This is one of the more troubling statistics:
Americans spend an estimated $42 billion annually on dieting programs while there are estimated to be near 16,000 children that die from malnutrition a day.

Hyper consumption is the American dream and sadly the ordinary american will not put much if any emphasis on the plight of those in the developing world.

Thanks. And thanks a lot for those statistics. Now can we call whatever US does to the world and developing nations in particular be it monetary grants,supporting in ousting some regimes,and at times minority rebel groups,hypocrisy? Should we then sit and listen to Ahmadinejad in the UN without leaving our seats?

Back
Top Bottom