"Not On Christian Mission"

"Not On Christian Mission"

The number of civilians killed or wounded in Afghanistan rose by 31 per cent in the first six months of the year.
Despite massive efforts by Nato-led forces to reduce casualties, more than 1,200 civilians were killed and another 1,997 injured, the United Nations said - the worst figures since the Taliban was driven out following the 9/11 attacks in 2001.
The vast majority of deaths and injuries, some 76 per cent, were caused by the Taliban and other insurgent groups, an increase from 53 per cent in 2009, the UN report disclosed.

article-0-00464DCA00000258-191_468x286.jpg
Rising victims: The civilian death toll - mainly from roadside bombs - is increasing, especially among the children of Afghanistan

Even as the report was released in the capital, Kabul, a fresh wave of suicide bombings in the city left three civilians dead and a dozen wounded.
While there has been a marked reduction in civilian casualties from Nato action, it is feared the overall rise in deaths and injuries will undermine the aim of improving security and winning 'hearts and minds' in the face of a virulent Taliban insurgency.
Children in particular have suffered, with 176 killed and 389 injured, an increase of 55 per cent over the same six-month period last year.
'The human cost of this conflict is unfortunately rising,' said Staffan De Mistura, the top UN envoy in Afghanistan.
'We are worried. We are very concerned about the future because the human cost is being paid too heavily by civilians. This is a wake-up call.'
The UN report showed the Taliban are using increasingly brutal tactics against the Afghan people, with the number of civilians executed by insurgents rising by 95 per cent. Children and women were among those put to death.
The release of the figures came a day after it emerged a pregnant Afghan woman was flogged and shot dead for allegedly committing adultery in the north-west of the country.
In much of the south, people say they are too scared to work with Nato forces or the Afghan government because they will be targeted by insurgents.
The risk of attack makes travel, running a business or any sort of community organisation or political campaigning dangerous.
'These figures show that the Taliban are resorting to desperate measures, increasingly executing and assassinating civilians, including teachers, doctors, civil servants and tribal elders,' said Rachel Reid, Afghanistan researcher for Human Rights Watch.
The Taliban has called on its fighters to avoid civilian casualties, but the group pointedly excludes anyone allied with the government from this protection.
The number of casualties caused by Nato forces fell 30 per cent to 386, driven by a 64 per cent decrease in injuries caused by aerial attacks.
Last month, the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks leaked documents which suggested that many civilian casualties were going unreported.


 
woo1_397x224.jpg


The family of a British doctor killed along with eight foreign aid workers in Afghanistan has rejected claims she was preaching Christianity to Muslims.

Karen Woo was among 10 people shot dead in the remote northeastern Badaskhshan province on Friday. Her body and those of seven others have arrived in Kabul for formal identification as police hunt for their killers.

The 36-year-old British medic, who was due to marry this month, was murdered along with six Americans and a German as they were returning from a medical camp. On Saturday the Taliban claimed responsibility, saying the group and their Afghan interpreters were "spying for America and preaching Christianity".

In a statement, Woo's family said her motivation was purely humanitarian.

"She was a Humanist and had no religious or political agenda," the statement read. "She wanted the world to know there was more than a war going on in Afghanistan, that people were not getting their basic needs met.

"She undertook this trek as a medical doctor, accompanying medical supplies and to provide treatment to people who lived in an extremely remote region who had little to no health care available. The Foreign Office confirmed the British doctor killed in Afghanistan was Dr. Woo, adding in a statement: "This is a deplorable and cowardly act which is against the interests of the people of Afghanistan who depended on the services she was bravely helping to provide."

Another militant group -- Hizb-e-Islami -- also has claimed its members carried out the attack on the convoy, which had been visiting the neighboring Nuristan province. Despite the two claims, Afghan authorities have said they believe robbery was a motive in the ambush.

Two Afghans also were killed in the attack, while one driver -- identified as Saifullah -- survived.

He was taken in for questioning by police. He told them the convoy was confronted by a group of armed men, who stole their money and belongings before lining up the victims and shooting them. Saifullah said he was spared because he began to recite verses of the Koran, proving to the militants he was a Muslim.


Source: FoxNews


NB:
Hii imesikitisha sana, hawa jamaa wamemuua huyo Dr aliyekuwa anawasaidia watu waliokuwa kwenye mazingira magumu kiafya. Sababu za kijinga ati alikuwa analeta ukiristo! Kwa Uislam ni mauwaji?????
Alikuwa anapreach sasa wewe unabisha nini? kwani ulikwepo Afghan? Waliokuwa wanahubiriwa ndo wamesema, sasa wewe unajifanya kuwasemea wakati waliokuwepo kwenye eneo la tukio ndo wamesema hivyo. Acha hizo propaganda.
 
Alikuwa anapreach sasa wewe unabisha nini? kwani ulikwepo Afghan? Waliokuwa wanahubiriwa ndo wamesema, sasa wewe unajifanya kuwasemea wakati waliokuwepo kwenye eneo la tukio ndo wamesema hivyo. Acha hizo propaganda.

Kumbe kuna kubishana nilidhani utakuja na facts kama wachangiaji wengine! Unaleta vibweka

Karibu Kiti moto basi wakati wa futuru

images
 
Back
Top Bottom