New administration under Samia Suluhu gives hope after 5 years of hopelessness

The speech of Madam president today has given new hope of abiding to the rule of law and good governance which activists were clamouring for years.

We are beginning to see commitment to the rule of law and good governance after the rights of whistle blower will be restored. No more incitement to be used to clamp down freedom of speech and expression.

Without freedom of speech and expression the fight against official graft is lost even before it started because in opaque graft thrive unimpeded.

We are planning to follow closely the challenges and achievements of this new administration without biasness in the next four years or so.

As usual we will attempt to focus in the rule of law and good governance.
As for me I just see and proved myself it is just a disaster for Samia Suluhu to take the presidential office.

Pale waziri anapo ongopa ni kwa masilahi mapana ya nani?

Bei za data zimepanda maradufu tangia Rais aingie madarakani.

Tumeona bei za vifurushi juu na ukubwa wa vifurushi ukipungua.

Kwa mara ya kwanza tangia utandawazi uje nchini tunalipishwa kodi inayoitwa "tozo" na wamiliki wa makampuni wameweka kodi zao kisirisiri.

Mbaya zaidi tozo zinaliwa na utekelezaji wa miradi mingi hauna ubora au viwango: nyufa za majengo ndiyo habari ya mujini!

Pengine ukimya kwenye hili pia ni busara kulikoni tambo zenye lengo la kutonesha vidonda suguuuuuuuuuu

283e39d5989644f5b8af1cf5877f48b6_337557040_755758502843081_8629434508690908220_n.jpg

We had touted the Florida Governor Messr Ron DeSantis as a plausible next REAL THING but as we are beginning to hear Jim we find that he lacks the charisma, intellect and imagination even to threaten a beleaguered Trump.

Now we have a reason to say he needs a Trump indictment and a conviction to float his presidential balloon. Otherwise, he could be a presidential project still finding its tiny feet, so to speak.

Sent from my SM-A715F using JamiiForums mobile app

High inflation rate,irresponsibility of civil servants,in some sectors nepotism is back on its way,delaying on completing of important unfinished projects e.t.c.
Most of your concerns are global not domestically manufactured.

Nepotism is a real concern but we have no laws against it.

Some projects are a manifestation of poor planning, execution and replete with corruption but most of these ills are flowing from her predecessor.

Wr have opted to support her candidacy purely on her stance on human rights record as we believe righteousness exalt a nation, and it is God who bankroll development not our own toil.

Most of your concerns are global not domestically manufactured.

Nepotism is a real concern but we have no laws against it.

Some projects are a manifestation of poor planning, execution and replete with corruption but most of these ills are flowing from her predecessor.

Wr have opted to support her candidacy purely on her stance on human rights record as we believe righteousness exalt a nation, and it is God who bankroll development not our own toil.
I don't think the major projects established by the late Magufuli were having any blunders Sir.
Maybe I have to look thoroughly on them.

But for what I know other nations do not experience high inflation rate like we do Sir such as Namibia and Sychelles.
Or because those nations are far away better than us in development aspects?
Life has become more tougher due to higher life expenses .
I think we have poor and outdated economic policies Sir.
And what about unnecessary tarrifs imposed by Her Excellency??

It is true brother that development is bankrolled by Almighty but if you do not show any willingness to the righteous path how will Almighty bless you easily like that!?

As for human rights Sir in Tanzania there is no pure justice maybe if I didn't understand what you meant Sir.

I appreciate your insights.

One, all of Africa is fighting inflation because the world economy is fairly well integrated. The American Bank crisis caused by reckless Biden stimulus packages and the US too dependent on globalisation of her dollar to spread the cost of her profligacy to everybody else but herself when all that is compounded with the American imposed Russian sanctions no country is safe anymore.

Swaziland inflation around 4.7% before the Ukrainian war

Namibia inflation around 7.2% before the Ukrainian war.

Both countries latest inflation figures are unknown but should be running into double digits because of rising food and energy prices. It is imperative to note that both countries are net food and energy importers vulnerable to global economic dislocations.

Cost of food in Namibia rose by 14% in February 2023, while inflation associated with soaring food prices is 6.6%.

Cost of food in Swaziland jumped by 15.10% in December, 2023. Since her economy is tied to South Africa economy things will get worse knowing the ANC is destroying the economy mainly due to official graft a gratitude of political patronage.

Tanzanian economy is managed by incompetent minds is not debatable but it remains irreplaceable seeing the opposition is run by dullard.

Jpm projects part of a problem not solution!

There were two denominators there, which were lack of planning and rummaging for official bribes.

ATC needs were hardly taken into account and large planes were unnecessary. ATC will never challenge international airlines but has potentiality to act as feeder to those major players.

The damming of Stigler Gorge is beneficial for water supply not electricity generation. Experience has shown upstream roadblocks constrict how much power can be generated

Look at Mtera, Kidatu, Nyumba ya Mungu among others installed capacity when compared to effective capacity clearly only a third of the designed output is accessible and that is a huge loss.

SGR cost is unrealistic and the running cost will require government subsidy.

A number of ships have been built, but safety concerns have not been resolved.

Road and other infrastructural projects have been grossly overinvoiced, decimating the real benefits.

Most infrastructural projects are poorly planned, executed and cracks are glaring at everybody.

Magufuli was not an angel as some delude themselves he was. He had a penchant for backstopping infrastructural projects which had personally enriched him dilating why most of his projects have a very paltry cost benefit ratio to justify massive cash inflows.

The makinikia scandal is self explanatory. He promised billions for us but he delivered literally nothing. We suspect Barrick bought him by putting him and his closest minions in their payroll.

The claim that JPM did all these projects without seeking foreign aid and loans is risible because during his tenure we had borrowed more money than at any other time to fill up huge gaps generated by his "miradi ya kimkakati." Many were fooled but some of us have refused to buy that yarn.

Nepotism as I have indicated earlier we need to criminalize it because it is attributing to the gross incompetence we are now forced to live in and endure. Political dynasties of all kinds and shapes are breathed life with total disregard on meritocracy. Namesake have become curriculum vita one needs for a presidential appointment, and without it you are cooked! It shouldn't be so.

The problem for the opposition lies on copycat simulation of what is wrong with CCM. We see nothing at all to suggest they are an alternative option.

So, we are stuck with incrementalism rather than total overhaul which we urgently need.

Politics is a game of perceptions, and the opposition has been her worst enemy time and time again.

MONDAY, MARCH 27TH 2023

FIFTH WEEK OF LENT YEAR A

FIRST READING
Now I am to die, yet I have done none of these things.
DANIEL 13: 1 - 9, 15 - 17, 19 - 30, 33 - 62

In those days: There was a man living in Babylon whose name was Joakim. And he took a wife named Susanna, the daughter of Hilkiah, a very beautiful woman and one who feared the Lord. Her parents were righteous, and had taught their daughter according to the Law of Moses. Joakim was very rich, and had a spacious garden adjoining his house; and the Jews used to come to him because he was the most honoured of them all. In that year two elders from the people were appointed as judges. Concerning them the Lord had said: Iniquity came forth from Babylon, from elders who were judges, who were supposed to govern the people. These men were frequently at Joakim’s house, and all who had suits at law came to them. When the people departed at moon, Susanna would go into her husband’s garden to walk. The two elders used to see her every day, going in and walking about, and they began to desire her. And they perverted their minds and turned away their eyes from looking to Heaven or remembering righteous judgements. Once, while they were watching for an opportune day, she went in as before with only two maids, and wished to bathe in the garden, for it was very hot. And no one was there except the two elders, who had hid themselves and were watching her. She said to her maids, “Bring me oil and ointments, and shut the garden doors so that I may bathe.” When the maids had gone out, the two elders rose and ran to her, and said: “Look, the garden doors are shut, no one sees us, and we are in love with you, so give your consent, and lie with us. If you refuse, we will testify against you that a young man was with you, and this was why you sent your maids away.” Susanna sighed deeply, and said, “I am hemmed in on every side. For if I do this thing, it is death for me; and if I do not, I shall not escape your hands. I choose not to do it and to fall into your hands, rather than to sin in the sight of the Lord.” Then Susanna cried out with a loud voice, and the two elders shouted against her. And one of them ran and opened the garden doors. When the household servants heard the shouting in the garden, they rushed in at the side door to see what had happened to her. And when the elders told their tale, the servants were greatly ashamed, for nothing like this had ever been said about Susanna. The next day, when the people gathered at the house of her husband Joakim, the two elders came, full of their wicked plot to have Susanna put to death. They said before the people, “Send for Susanna, the daughter of Hilkiah, who is the wife of Joakim.” So they sent for her. And she came, with her parents, her children, and all her kindred. But her family and friends and all who saw her wept. Then the two elders stood up in the midst of the people, and laid their hands upon her head. And she, weeping, looked up towards heaven, for her heart trusted in the Lord. The elders said, “As we were walking in the garden alone, this woman came in with two maids, shut the garden doors, and dismissed the maids. Then a young man, who had been hidden, came to her and lay with her. We were in a corner of the garden, and when we saw this wickedness we ran to them. We saw them embracing, but we could not hold the man, for he was too strong for us, and he opened the doors and dashed out. So we seized this woman and asked her who the young man was, but she would not tell us. These things we testify.” The assembly believed them, because they were elders of the people and judges; and they condemned her to death. Then Susanna cried out with a loud voice, and said, “O eternal God, who discern what is secret, who are aware of all things before they come to be, you know that these men have borne false witness against me. And now I am to die! Yet I have done none of the things that they have wickedly invented against me!” The Lord heard her cry. And as she was being led away to be put to death God aroused the holy spirit of a young lad named Daniel; and he cried with a loud voice, “I am innocent of the blood of this woman.” All the people turned to him, and said, “What is this that you have said?” Taking his stand in the midst of them, he said, “Are you such fools, you sons of Israel? Have you condemned a daughter of Israel without examination and without learning the facts? Return to the place of judgement. For these men have borne false witness against her.” Then all the people returned in haste. And the elders said to him, “Come, sit among us and inform us, for God has given you that right.” And Daniel said to them, “Separate them far from each other, and I will examine them.” When they were separated from each other, he summoned one of them and said to him, “You old relic of wicked days, your sins have now come home, which you have committed in the past, pronouncing unjust judgements, condemning the innocent and letting the guilty go free, though the Lord said, ‘Do not put to death an innocent and righteous person.’ Now then, if you really saw her, tell me this: Under what tree did you see them being intimate with each other?” He answered, “Under a mastic tree.” And Daniel said, “Very well! You have lied against your own head, for the angel of God has received the sentence from God and will immediately cut you in two.” Then he put him aside, and commanded them to bring the other. And he said to him, “You offspring of Canaan and not of Judah, beauty has deceived you and lust has perverted your heart. This is how you both have been dealing with the daughters of Israel, and they were intimate with you through fear; but a daughter of Judah would not endure your wickedness. Now then, tell me: Under what tree did you catch them being intimate with each other?” He answered, “Under an evergreen oak.” And Daniel said to him, “Very well! You also have lied against your own head, for the angel of God is waiting with his sword to saw you in two, that he may destroy you both.” Then all the assembly shouted loudly and blessed God, who saves those who hope in him. And they rose against the two elders, for out of their own mouths Daniel had convicted them of bearing false witness; and they did to them as they had wickedly planned to do to their neighbour; acting in accordance with the Law of Moses, they put them to death. Thus innocent blood was saved that day.

The Word of the Lord.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM
Psalm 23: 1 - 3a, 3b - 4, 5, 6 (R.) 4abc

R/. Though I should walk in the valley of the shado of death, no evil would I fear, for you are with me.

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures where he gives me repose.
Near restful waters he leads me; he revives my soul. R/.

He guides me along the right path,
for the sake of his name.
Though I should walk in the valley of the shadow of death,
no evil would I fear, for you are with me.
Your crook and your staff will give me comfort. R/.

You have prepared a table before me
in the sight of my foes.
My head you have anointed with oil;
my cup is overflowing. R/.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life.
In the Lord’s own house shall I dwell
for length of days unending. R/.

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Ezekiel 33: 11

Glory and praise to you, O Christ.
I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord, but that he turn from his way and live.
Glory and praise to you, O Christ.

GOSPEL
Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.
JOHN 8: 1 - 11

At that time: Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple; all the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in their midst they said to him, Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such. What do you say about her? This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her. And once more he bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus looked up and said to her, Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you? She said, No one, Lord. And Jesus said, neither do I condemn you; go, and do not sin again.

The Gospel of the Lord.

I appreciate your insights.

One, all of Africa is fighting inflation because the world economy is fairly well integrated. The American Bank crisis caused by reckless Biden stimulus packages and the US too dependent on globalisation of her dollar to spread the cost of her profligacy to everybody else but herself when all that is compounded with the American imposed Russian sanctions no country is safe anymore.

Swaziland inflation around 4.7% before the Ukrainian war

Namibia inflation around 7.2% before the Ukrainian war.

Both countries latest inflation figures are unknown but should be running into double digits because of rising food and energy prices. It is imperative to note that both countries are net food and energy importers vulnerable to global economic dislocations.

Cost of food in Namibia rose by 14% in February 2023, while inflation associated with soaring food prices is 6.6%.

Cost of food in Swaziland jumped by 15.10% in December, 2023. Since her economy is tied to South Africa economy things will get worse knowing the ANC is destroying the economy mainly due to official graft a gratitude of political patronage.

Tanzanian economy is managed by incompetent minds is not debatable but it remains irreplaceable seeing the opposition is run by dullard.

Jpm projects part of a problem not solution!

There were two denominators there, which were lack of planning and rummaging for official bribes.

ATC needs were hardly taken into account and large planes were unnecessary. ATC will never challenge international airlines but has potentiality to act as feeder to those major players.

The damming of Stigler Gorge is beneficial for water supply not electricity generation. Experience has shown upstream roadblocks constrict how much power can be generated

Look at Mtera, Kidatu, Nyumba ya Mungu among others installed capacity when compared to effective capacity clearly only a third of the designed output is accessible and that is a huge loss.

SGR cost is unrealistic and the running cost will require government subsidy.

A number of ships have been built, but safety concerns have not been resolved.

Road and other infrastructural projects have been grossly overinvoiced, decimating the real benefits.

Most infrastructural projects are poorly planned, executed and cracks are glaring at everybody.

Magufuli was not an angel as some delude themselves he was. He had a penchant for backstopping infrastructural projects which had personally enriched him dilating why most of his projects have a very paltry cost benefit ratio to justify massive cash inflows.

The makinikia scandal is self explanatory. He promised billions for us but he delivered literally nothing. We suspect Barrick bought him by putting him and his closest minions in their payroll.

The claim that JPM did all these projects without seeking foreign aid and loans is risible because during his tenure we had borrowed more money than at any other time to fill up huge gaps generated by his "miradi ya kimkakati." Many were fooled but some of us have refused to buy that yarn.

Nepotism as I have indicated earlier we need to criminalize it because it is attributing to the gross incompetence we are now forced to live in and endure. Political dynasties of all kinds and shapes are breathed life with total disregard on meritocracy. Namesake have become curriculum vita one needs for a presidential appointment, and without it you are cooked! It shouldn't be so.

The problem for the opposition lies on copycat simulation of what is wrong with CCM. We see nothing at all to suggest they are an alternative option.

So, we are stuck with incrementalism rather than total overhaul which we urgently need.

Politics is a game of perceptions, and the opposition has been her worst enemy time and time again.
All of what you have said are very true.
But on those projects for my opinion let's give them time to see them if are profitable or are white elephants.
No one is perfect Sir,every one has the angelic and devilish side of his/her own,but to me Magufuli is somehow better than SSH.

For what I see Tanzania needs new constitution and new economic policies.
But who will make that happen and when will that happen if even our ruling party has outdated and poor policies!?
And like you have said the oppositions doesn't seem to influence any that they can be the hope and alternates for leadership in our country because most of them they are corruptive and they do lack patriotism.

I can say am hopeless for this nation Sir.

All of what you have said are very true.
But on those projects for my opinion let's give them time to see them if are profitable or are white elephants.
No one is perfect Sir,every one has the angelic and devilish side of his/her own,but to me Magufuli is somehow better than SSH.

But who will make that happen and when will that happen if even our ruling party has outdated and poor policies!?
And like you have said the oppositions doesn't seem to influence any that they can be the hope and alternates for leadership in our country because most of them they are corruptive and they do lack patriotism.

Give her time, she means business.

All of what you have said is very true.

Our constitution is fine, and the opposition deceives herself another constitution will give them an opportunity to grab power but the reality is that will never happen.

Kenya fought for a new constitutional order, but now their house is a fireball.

We are not gonna fall into that trap.

Most problems raised by the opposition to justify reengineering our constitution have nothing to do with the constitution but election laws.

The constitution says NEC is our election umpire but election laws says the constitution made a mistake! That NEC should surrender that constitutional onus to DEDs!

The constitution says the qualification to be an MP is being sponsored by a registered political party and be able to read and write, but election laws and accompanying regulations say not so fast. The election laws and regulations empowered DED to disqualify a candidate despite fulfilling all constitutional imperatives. Therefore, we need to fix election laws and regulations but not the constitution.

Will a change of constitution resolve these issues?

Absolutely, not!

So, the question to our dumb opposition is, why kill a mosquito with a nuclear weapon? Why not pick a pesticide and destroy a zooming mosquito?

We should be more disappointed with the opposition than with CCM. Had the opposition done their homework, the 2025 elections would have been the most free, fair, and verifiable.

We will never get there because the opposition is too power-hungry to read a big picture on the blackboard.

Back
Top Bottom