New administration under Samia Suluhu gives hope after 5 years of hopelessness

Romans 5:12-21

The abundant provision of grace

How do you see yourself? What do you believe about yourself? How do you think God sees you? What do you imagine he feels about you?
Grace means God sees us as righteous – ‘in the right’ (v.19, MSG). Righteousness is a free gift that comes from God’s grace. Our sin ‘doesn’t have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it’s sin versus grace, grace wins hands down’ (vv.20–21, MSG).
Paul begins to unfold more of the wonders of grace. He portrays two realms – Adam’s realm and Christ’s realm.
Naturally, he says we are all part of Adam’s realm. Sin, death and separation from God entered the world through Adam (vv.12–14).
Yet Paul also describes a new realm that Jesus has brought into being through his death and resurrection. The amazing thing is that you are transferred from Adam’s realm to Jesus’ realm, not by earning your way into God’s good books, but simply by accepting the gift of God’s grace made available through Jesus.
Paul starts to compare the death that came through Adam with the life that came through Jesus Christ, but his key point is that ‘the gift is not like the trespass’ (v.15). Ultimately, they can only be contrasted because the gift of life is so much greater than the trespass.
The only similarity is that both affected many. Your choices to obey or not to obey not only affect you, but many others as well. As a result of Adam’s sin, many died. But Jesus’ obedience enabled many to have access to the grace in which you stand and to receive the free gift of justification. And the free gift is not like the sin. ‘The verdict on that one sin was the death sentence; the verdict on the many sins that followed was this wonderful life sentence’ (v.16, MSG).
As a result of Adam’s sin, death reigned. But the one man, Jesus Christ, has reversed the process to bring justification as a free gift and enable you to stand in the grace of God. Instead of death reigning, you ‘reign in life’ (v.17).
Adam’s sin means that we all stand in the dock condemned. Jesus’ act of righteousness on the cross makes it possible for God to count you righteous also and to give you life. Jesus’ righteousness leads to your righteousness. ‘More than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life! One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right’ (v.19, MSG).
Jesus, through his death on the cross, has made God’s grace and his gift possible (v.15). The result of our sin is judgment and condemnation (v.16). If we relied on justice and justice alone, that is what we would receive. But since Jesus died in your place you can receive the gift of justification.
God can be just and still acquit you. There is just grace. Jesus made possible God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness (v.17). You receive justification that brings life (v.18). You are ‘made righteous’ (v.19). You receive eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (v.21).
All this is by grace (vv.15,17,20–21). Allow these truths to sink deep into your heart. See yourself as God sees you – as righteous in his sight – and believe that, because of what Jesus has done for you, when God looks at you he is pleased with you.

Lord, thank you so much for the death of Jesus on my behalf. Thank you that although I deserve judgment and condemnation, you have made it possible for me to be justified and to receive the righteousness from God by grace as a gift.

Amos 8:1-9:15

The God of justice and grace

Amos again speaks out against injustice:
‘Listen to this, you who walk all over the weak,
you who treat poor people as less than nothing,
Who say, “When’s my next paycheck coming
so I can go out and live it up?
How long till the weekend
when I can go out and have a good time?”
Who give little and take much,
and never do an honest day’s work.
You exploit the poor, using them –
and then, when they’re used up, you discard them’ (8:4–6, MSG).
The condition of the people was not unlike the condition of the people that we see in our society today. People are dying of spiritual hunger. There is ‘a famine of hearing the words of the Lord’ (v.11). People are searching – they try drugs, alcohol, sex, or power. All this is an attempt to satisfy that deep hunger, but they do not find spiritual food (v.12).
The intention of the covenant law was to protect the disadvantaged. But, as is often the case today, the poor were not receiving justice. They were being trampled upon. They were being cheated. The Lord hates dishonesty because he loves us and he loves the poor. Injustice and dishonesty were at the heart of Israel’s sins. As a result of all this Amos says, ‘Judgment Day is coming!’ (v.11, MSG). Israel will be driven into exile (9:1–10).
Yet, the book of Amos does not end on this note. It ends with the promise of restoration: ‘I will restore David’s house that has fallen to pieces... Everything will be happening at once – and everywhere you look, blessings! Blessings like wine pouring off the mountains and hills. I’ll make everything right again for my people Israel:

They’ll rebuild their ruined cities.
They’ll plant vineyards and drink good wine.
They’ll work their gardens and eat fresh vegetables.
And I’ll plant them, plant them on their own land.
They’ll never again be uprooted from the land I’ve given them’ (vv.11–15, MSG).
The ultimate future of God’s people is beyond your wildest dreams. Even sin and injustice cannot ultimately derail God’s plans of blessing. It is the same dynamic as we saw in our New Testament passage. God’s grace and mercy far outweigh our sins. Jesus ultimately makes it possible for both justice and forgiveness to go hand in hand.

Thank you, Lord, that you are a God of justice and of grace. Thank you that through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit we see an in-breaking of that future now. May justice triumph. May the new wine of your Holy Spirit and a great outpouring of grace drip from the mountains.

Pippa Adds

Romans 5:20b

‘Where sin increased, grace increased all the more.’
The Message translates this ‘but sin didn’t, and doesn’t have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace.’ I think that is why in prisons we often find so much faith and love; and transformed lives. The darker it is, the brighter the light shines.

References

Unless otherwise stated, Scripture quotations taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version Anglicised, Copyright 1979, 1984, 2011 Biblica, formerly International Bible Society. Used by permission of Hodder & Stoughton Publishers, an Hachette UK company. All rights reserved. ‘NIV’ is a registered trademark of Biblica. UK trademark number 1448790.
Scripture marked (MSG) taken from The Message. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.

Africa Awaits Covid-19 Vaccine Donations as Cases Surge Africa Awaits Covid-19 Vaccine Donations as Cases Surge
PSX_20210612_223736.jpg

KESHA LA ASUBUHI

Jumapili 13/06/2021

ROHO IWEZESHAYO KUSTAHIMILI

Na Mungu aweza kuwajaza kila neema kwa wingi, ili ninyi, mkiwa na riziki za kila namna siku zote, mpate kuzidi sana katika kila tendo jema. 2 Wakorintho 9: 8

Tunaamka saa kumi na moja kamili tunakula saa kumi na mbili na nusu, kisha watu wanachukua timu kwenda kwenye hema na kutumia saa moja na nusu kwenye darasa la kujifunza Biblia na kuzungumza pamoja,wakishirikishana uzoefu wao wa siku iliyopita, na wanaelekezwa kuhusu tabia njema ambazo wanapaswa kuziboresha na ulazima wa kushinda kila hitilafu ya tabia. Hii ni shule kwa ajili yao wote ambao wanaihitaji sana.

Akina L ni vijana wenye roho njema, lakini wana mapungufu makubwa, hawana utaratibu, wanapuuzia kazi rahisi kabisa katika kuhudumia,wanaacha vitu havijakamilika mbele yao. Ni wakati wao sasa kupata nguvu kwa ajili ya kazi au waiache na kuichukua sehemu hiyo ya elimu yao ambayo haijapokea uzingatiaji, hadi watakapokuza tabia yenye uwiano mzuri.

Hadi hii itakapokamilika hawatakuwa na uwezo wa kwenda peke yako na kufanya kitu chochote. Sote tunahitaji Roho wa Mungu, imani ya dhati kabisa, maombi ya dhati bila kukoma ili tuweze kutambua upungufu mkubwa wa matendo yetu bora kabisa na kushindwa kwetu kabisa kukidhi kiwango cha kiroho.

Ukubwa wa kazi kwa ajili ya kuokoa roho! Ni watu wachache kiasi gani wanaoihisi! Ni watu wachache kiasi gani wanafanya yote wanayoweza ili kuzileta roho kwa Kristo! Shetani anafanya kazi kwa nguvu bila kuchoka, wakati wengi wanaoujua ukweli, wanapokuwa wamelala, hawafanyi chochote ili kuokoa roho, hata kuishi ukweli wanaoushuhudia.

Ushuhuda butu hauwezi kuwavuta watu. Tunapaswa kuwafikia watu kupitia kwa Mungu. Tunapaswa kubadilika kwa urahisi katika mikono ya Mungu, tufinyangwe kama udongo kwenye mikono ya mfinyanzi. Kuna utoshelevu kwenye neema ya Mungu katika kila Saa ya pambano, kwa kila saa ya majaribu. Hebu tumshikilie Mungu kwa uthabiti zaidi. Roho Wake atasaidia, Roho Wake atatuimarisha na kutupatia nguvu.

Kadiri tunavyosogea karibu zaidi na Mungu ndivyo tutakavyotambua vile tusivyo na kitu na tutajifunza kumtegemea Yesu Kristo zaidi na zaidi kisha tutapata ushahidi ulio dhahiri wa upendo wa Yesu. Tutauona wema na rehema ya Mungu vikioneshwa katika mpangilio wa kudra Zake.

MUNGU AKUBARIKI SANA

Back
Top Bottom