Muhammad Ali Shouting at Sal Davis: "Salim Don’t Go Anywhere I Want to Talk to You." Frankfurt 1966

Mohamed Said

JF-Expert Member
Nov 2, 2008
*Don’t go anywhere I want to talk to you.’’

(Muhammad Ali shouting at Sal Davis, Frankfurt, Germany 1966)

‘’When I was in Paris I used to stay late to watch Ali’s fights. He had defeated Sony Liston and Ali was now ‘The World Heavy Weight Champion’ the greatest of all time as he used to call himself. I met Ali again in 1966 in Frankfurt, Germany. I was going to Kenya but since I heard that Ali was in Frankfurt to fight Germany Heavy Weight champion Karl Mildenbeger I decided to first fly to Frankfurt before going to Nairobi. Ali had set his training camp in a hotel in the centre of Frankfurt at a place known as Zeil Street. This is the main street in Frankfurt. There was a gym at the top floor of the hotel. If you take the lift to the gym the lift door faces direct towards the gym. I took a lift up I was with a friend of mine called Al Jones. Jones like me was in the show business. As the door opened I came face to face with Ali who was in the ring sparring. Ali shouted at me, ‘Salim I am a Muslim now. Don’t go anywhere I want to talk to you.’

1694465661085.png
1694466767638.png

Sal Davis An Autobiography Amazon.com
Kinapatikana Amazon​

Attachments

• 1694466705238.png
    1694466705238.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 4
*Don’t go anywhere I want to talk to you.’’

(Muhammad Ali shouting at Sal Davis, Frankfurt, Germany 1966)

‘’When I was in Paris I used to stay late to watch Ali’s fights. He had defeated Sony Liston and Ali was now ‘The World Heavy Weight Champion’ the greatest of all time as he used to call himself. I met Ali again in 1966 in Frankfurt, Germany. I was going to Kenya but since I heard that Ali was in Frankfurt to fight Germany Heavy Weight champion Karl Mildenbeger I decided to first fly to Frankfurt before going to Nairobi. Ali had set his training camp in a hotel in the centre of Frankfurt at a place known as Zeil Street. This is the main street in Frankfurt. There was a gym at the top floor of the hotel. If you take the lift to the gym the lift door faces direct towards the gym. I took a lift up I was with a friend of mine called Al Jones. Jones like me was in the show business. As the door opened I came face to face with Ali who was in the ring sparring. Ali shouted at me, ‘Salim I am a Muslim now. Don’t go anywhere I want to talk to you.’

View attachment 2746366View attachment 2746375

Sal Davis An Autobiography Amazon.com
Kinapatikana Amazon​
Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.

Back
Top Bottom