Men, Would You Take a Male Birth Control Pill?

Tulizo

JF-Expert Member
Jun 13, 2011
Source: Times.com
When it comes to preventing pregnancy, the burden falls largely on women. But that responsibility could soon shift, according to new research from Columbia University that raises the tantalizing prospect of a male birth control pill.

The key to a pill for men may lie in vitamin A, which is necessary for the growth of sperm cells. When researchers working with mice administered an experimental medication that interfered with receptors needed to metabolize vitamin A, male mice lost their fertility. Shortly after the animals stopped taking the compound, they resumed mating and making babies successfully.

Sasa wale watani zangu walevi watasahau kila siku kunywa pills.

This things have got side effects, so unless absolutely necessary I would not advice even women to take them; In ladies in some people it might make them gain weight or even having unpredictable menstrual cycles

• Thanks
Reactions: BAK
Hii inaweza kututengua permanently mkuu hatuthubutu kuijaribu. Hebu tuwaulize akina mama walioko humu kama wataridhia.

Hiyo kitu ni mbaya sana. pale juu unasema...'they resumed mating' kwa maana kwamba kabla ya hapo there was no mating! ...kama ndivyo, dawa yako itegemee upinzani mkali sana toka kwa wanaume.
For my case sorry charlie, iam not ready for it whatsoever!

no man will dare to do that!
Mkuu why not wakati wanaume wanafanya hata permanent and irreversible means za birth control.., lakini hizi pills sababu zinacheza na hormones zina temporary side effects that we know about and may long term effects that we dont know about

This things have got side effects, so unless absolutely necessary I would not advice even women to take them; In ladies in some people it might make them gain weight or even having unpredictable menstrual cycles

Nimekupenda ghafla tu............... Ubarikiwe!!

Please stay away from anything that have a negative side effects (which are still unknown). Kuliwahi kuwa na discussion hapa kuhusu kidonge ambacho dada akila anaweza akaahirisha kuja kwa yule mgeni wa kila mwezi kwa miezi kati ya mitatu mpaka minne lakini waliokifagilia hapa na hata wanawake katika nchi nyingine nyingi ni wachache sana ukitilia maanani athari zake hazijulikani.

Hiyo kitu ni mbaya sana. pale juu unasema...'they resumed mating' kwa maana kwamba kabla ya hapo there was no mating! ...kama ndivyo, dawa yako itegemee upinzani mkali sana toka kwa wanaume.For my case sorry charlie, iam not ready for it whatsoever!
Nafikiri mwandishi amekosea hapa. How would the scientists know the mice were infertile if there wasn't any mating? What would be the point of creating male birth control if men can't "mate" while taking it anyway ? =/

Back
Top Bottom