Kanye West under fire after saying slavery was a choice

MIXOLOGIST

JF-Expert Member
Mar 1, 2016
"When you hear about slavery for 400 years. For 400 years?! That sounds like a choice. Like, you were there for 400 years and it's all of you all? You know, it's like we're mentally in prison. I like the word prison 'cause slavery goes too -- too direct to the idea of blacks," he said in the interview. "So prison is something that unites us as one race, blacks and whites being one race. We're the human race."

What do you think brothers and sisters from another mother?

"When you hear about slavery for 400 years. For 400 years?! That sounds like a choice. Like, you were there for 400 years and it's all of you all? You know, it's like we're mentally in prison. I like the word prison 'cause slavery goes too -- too direct to the idea of blacks," he said in the interview. "So prison is something that unites us as one race, blacks and whites being one race. We're the human race."

What do you think brothers and sisters from another mother?
I think Black Americans ought to move on!
There's so much talk about slavery and black liberation.
The African of today has more pressing concerns like food, water, electricity, health services, education etc. Their problems are theirs (black Americans) and ours are ours (Africans).

I think Black Americans ought to move on!
There's so much talk about slavery and black liberation.
The African of today has more pressing concerns like food, water, electricity, health services, education etc. Their problems are theirs (black Americans) and ours are ours (Africans).
They should move on yes, but was slavery a choice? This dude think they shouldn't have allow it at first place and for a such long period of time ( 400 years). He is making a lot of sense.

Tusahau kidogo slave ya akina kinte kunte,saiv tuna utumwa mpya wa kila aina mfano kwenye soka wachezaji wanauzwa tena kwa bei kubwa kubwa atake asitake atauzwa tu.

Watumishi wa umma kama jana vile hawana sauti mbele ya boss

Wadada na wakaka wa kazi.

Tusahau kidogo slave ya akina kinte kunte,saiv tuna utumwa mpya wa kila aina mfano kwenye soka wachezaji wanauzwa tena kwa bei kubwa kubwa atake asitake atauzwa tu.

Uko sahii kabisa Mkuu, kuna new forms za utumwa na zinaendelea tu na watu weusi ni wale wale akina sisi

True, the choice of no way out

Watu weusi tunatakiwa tubuni vitu vipya badala ya kuendelea kulaumu kwa vitu vya zamani ambavyo hata tufanyeje hatuwezi badili uhalisia
Ni kweli Mkuu, lazima suluhu ipatikane ila kujua tatizo ni sehemu ya kupata suluhu.

They should move on yes, but was slavery a choice? This dude think they shouldn't have allow it at first place and for a such long period of time ( 400 years). He is making a lot of sense.
A lot of sense? Come on now
Now we are free you think it was easy fighting a man holding a gun,making bombs,and inducing all sorts of worst punishments like castration,amputation,whipping,torture in the genital parts,burning,branding,sexual assault(eg.taking two African men and tell them to have gay sex and they watch for fun)..MAN! They say those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Kanye's thinking,I cannot blame him,but it shows how the type of woman one marries can influence his actions.

Now we are free you think it was easy fighting a man holding a gun,making bombs,and inducing all sorts of worst punishments like castration,amputation,whipping,torture in the genital parts,burning,branding,sexual assault(eg.taking two African men and tell them to have gay sex and they watch for fun)..MAN! They say those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Kanye's thinking,I cannot blame him,but it shows how the type of woman one marries can influence his actions.
its a choice because its all in mental induced .This people were all looked down since birth hence end up thinking the same like the say goes if you call a lion long enough a kitten it will believe its a kitten kanye dont want to be trapped into that sheeply mentality hence decided to support trump based on what he see and get....so in a way i understand genious kanye ...but doenst mean i support his views because thats my choice

Are you suggesting he has become a coconut (black outside, but white inside)? Basically, this dude is going against the common black sentiments, he is simply questioning the time this shits happened. It is a lot to do with how blacks reacts to things of utmost importance, very casual as opposed to other races.

Back
Top Bottom