ICC confirms charges against 4 of the Ocampo 6.

Good stuff someone is eating his own cake...but why retaining Deputy Prime Minister position and what is the meaning of stepping aside?

stepping aside means relinquishing any public office mandate:). Nway he is retaining the d.premier position for one reason only:
the accord that led to normalcy in 07 after violence states that the post of prime minister can be replaced by either a) end of term of office which the constitution no longer upholds past next elections or b) death of the d.premier before term completion.
The clause is pulpable but nevertheless atleast some much needed change is taking place.

HAKI YA MUNGU INGEKUWA tAANZANA HAKUNA MTU AMBAYE ANGEONDOKA MADARAKANI. KENYA ARE MORW CIVILISED 10000 TIMES MOE THAN Tanzania

Mbona uhuru kenyata bado ni Deputy prime minister, ipi cheo kubwa kati ya waziri wa fedha na deputy prime minister??? mimi naona changa la macho aisee..

Wewe mbona Tanzania; Alijiuzulu Prime Minister kwa allegations tu (not yet confirmed), walijiuuzulu Mawaziri Msabaha na mwingine kutoka bukoba..acha kujipendekeza kwa wakenya wewe..mtoto wa kiume

Kenya is not a perfect country the new constitution is surely moving us forward....yes he still maintains tha Deputy Prime ministers post, but in the past, a resignition from any post in the government was unheard of. I can assure you that someone will move to court in the coming days to ensure he also vacated the DPM post... The new constitution at work.....nice...:poa

..Ocampo 2, Uhuru Kenyatta na William Rutto kuunda serikali ijayo ya Kenya ndani ya Katiba Mpya....

Uhuru Kenyatta

After lengthy discussions with H.E. The President and after wide consultations, H.E. The President has graciously accepted my request that I step aside from the portfolio of Ministry of Finance in his Government.

The Ministry of Finance deals with very sensitive issues that affect the lives of millions of Kenyans and therefore requires maximum attention. I am not one to juggle the affairs of suc...h an important portfolio with the baseless mob lynch mentality that is being orchestrated in some quarters.

I now look forward to meeting you all at the grassroots as I traverse the countryside to reassure you all that our mission to give hope to the youth of this country, our vision of seeing a peaceful Kenya and our firm resolve to transform Kenya into a modern first class economy is still on course.

As I have already indicated previously, my conscience is clear, my will is strong and my resolve remains undeterred.

I have no doubt that together we shall succeed. Together we will.

Keep the faith and God bless you all.

Uhuru Kenyatta.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya.

Mbona uhuru kenyata bado ni Deputy prime minister, ipi cheo kubwa kati ya waziri wa fedha na deputy prime minister??? mimi naona changa la macho aisee..

Wewe mbona Tanzania; Alijiuzulu Prime Minister kwa allegations tu (not yet confirmed), walijiuuzulu Mawaziri Msabaha na mwingine kutoka bukoba..acha kujipendekeza kwa wakenya wewe..mtoto wa kiume

deputy prime minister ina hadhi mno, soma hapo juu utaelewa mbona hakujiuzulu katika wadhifaa wa DPM (it was an agreement position though his functions aint clear now, explains why he doubled as a finance minister). According to the accord, the post was immortalised till next elections alongside with Railas' premier position, Mudavadi's post (the other DPM) and ofcourse Kibakis position.
in this view you understand why Cabinet ministers can be pushed to resignation. The new constitution has brought a wave of change.

Please let's stop this nonsense, Uhuru and Ruto's resignations have got nothing to do with Kenya's new constitution as many in here have postulated. These people are facing serious charges and if they are not careful, Ocampo will make them pay dearly. So it was a wise decision for them to step aside, and spend time with their attorneys in preparing themselves for the trial.

Kenya is surely making some moves in the right direction na si vibaya kujifunza kutoka kwao kwa hiyo hicho kidogo but very significant walichoweza ku-achieve so far

Inabidi kesi za Bongo pia zipelekwe huko maana mafisadi wamezidi na hujuma dhidi ya wananchi na
mahakama zenyewe bomu. Hii ICC kuna samtaimu inabidi tukubali inasaidia hususan katika nchi ambazo
serikali (chama) tawala inamiliki vyombo vyote vya dola. Thats my take.

Africa msoto msoto tu!

aise ,kwa bahati mbaya kwako ni kwamba ufisadi is not triable na icc...icc inaendesha mashitaka ya makosa ya kivita, makosa dhidi yaubinadamu, mauaji ya kimbari/genocide na mwaka 2017 wataanza makosa ya uvamizi wa nchi nyingie(crime of aggression)...upo!

aise ,kwa bahati mbaya kwako ni kwamba ufisadi is not triable na icc...icc inaendesha mashitaka ya makosa ya kivita, makosa dhidi yaubinadamu, mauaji ya kimbari/genocide na mwaka 2017 wataanza makosa ya uvamizi wa nchi nyingie(crime of aggression)...upo!
Mkuu nipo hapo...tena sana!

My opinion was basically rhetorical lakini kwa ukweli I pray that the ICC would increase its jurisdication by including a court
that deals with mega corruption scandals tied to offshore banking and narco-trading. If you tie this money around utakuta
a big percentage of it inatumika katika aquistion of illegal arms ambazo zinatumika katika genocide....the very cases that end
up in the ICC.

Thats all I was saying.

why Ruto, Kenyatta, Musyoka and a group 45 MPs associate the ICC rulling to their political competitors? For instance below a paste some details from 27th Daily Nations:

Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka, Eldoret North MP William Ruto and Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday vowed to stick together in order to take over the leadership of the country.

Speaking during a peace rally at 64 Stadium in Eldoret Town, the three leaders said that they will sacrifice their presidential ambitions in order to ensure that the best candidate gets to State House.

"I am ready to support any of the two candidates that will emerge the winner as this country is bigger than an individual," said Mr Musyoka.

The three also castigated civil societies which have moved to court to bar the two from contesting for presidency saying that such efforts will fail. (READ: Group in court over Uhuru, Ruto seat bid)

"I do not see the need of going for the presidency if Mr Uhuru and Mr Ruto are not in the race and it is Kenyans to decide not the courts," the VP said.

Mr Kalonzo warned Kenyans against giving leadership to dictators saying that the country will collapse.

He defended his shuttle diplomacy saying that the government will do everything possible to ensure that the cases are brought back to Kenya.

"We will be making deferral application and the Head of State is in Addis Ababa where he will meet with other leaders," he added. (Daily nation 27th January 2012):A S 465:

Back
Top Bottom