I will be back in 2016 – Museveni

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
As Ugandans go to the polls tomorrow to either give the ruling National Resistance Movement party another term or to change their country's government, President Yoweri Museveni has said he is not stopping here; he will seek yet another term of office in 2016 if his party chooses him.

Museveni, who was addressing journalists at State House in Entebbe yesterday, said he is sure of a landslide victory in tomorrow's polls. He said his return in 2016 will first be decided by benchmarks that will not have been realized by that year.
Museveni said that, for instance, if the East African Federation has not been achieved by 2016 and if Uganda is not a Second World country, he will seek a fifth term.

Source: Observer-Uganda

Speaking as though he were a Tsar or, more so, the saviour of not only Uganda, but Africa as well, Museveni said he wants to first make sure that Africa has insured itself against future problems before he can think of leaving power.

"I like my cows better than this State House, but no one is right to take over. I cannot live the country to these timewasters. Change from what? From one weakness to another weakness? This is not a beauty contest. 2016 shall be decided according to the strength of Africa," Museveni said.

He warned his nemesis and IPC presidential candidate, Dr Kizza Besigye, against planning and causing any violence after the elections. "There will be no Egyptian-like revolution here.
Ours is a democratic constitution written by the Constitute Assembly in 1995, which says that all authority belongs to the people. If they try violence, it is very simple; we will just bundle them up and lock them up in the most humane way," Museveni said.

He said African leaders that have been deposed did not correctly identify the bottlenecks that have kept the continent from transitioning from Third World to First World.

When tasked to explain if he will not be forced out of power like other dictators in Egypt and Tunisia, Museveni defended himself against claims that his name should be among those on the list of African dictators.

Museveni, who said he has been "in power for 45 years" and not just for the official 25 years he has been in office, said his rule started in 1965 when he participated in the removal of "dictators" like Idi Amin and Milton Obote.

"There is not the slightest worry in me, because I am the biggest enemy of dictators; so, there is no way I can be worried here. As for the election, you just wait; you will see. It's not too many hours from now. You will be able to know what the people of Uganda think," Museveni said.

He defended his NRM party against allegations that they are bribing voters. Museveni said the opposition is just worried about the government's social economic programmes to commercialize agriculture.
He claimed that NRM has only been giving money to farmers in the Prosperity for All programme, to modernize agriculture.

Another President For Life in the making; jamaa anaamini kwamba hakuna mtu mwingine mwenye uwezo wa kuongoza kama yeye nchini mwake, what crap!

In fact, I like this Guy. He talks with authority....hacheki cheki ovyo. Hata kama ni dictator lakini amefanya mambo.Angalia jinsi anavyo jiamini. Anajua anachokifanya sio sisi siasa za ajabu ajabu. Huyu jamaa alisha sababisha rafiki yake akawekwa ndani for corruption kama unamjua late Jeneral Kazini.

In fact, I like this Guy. He talks with authority....hacheki cheki ovyo. Hata kama ni dictator lakini amefanya mambo.Angalia jinsi anavyo jiamini. Anajua anachokifanya sio sisi siasa za ajabu ajabu. Huyu jamaa alisha sababisha rafiki yake akawekwa ndani for corruption kama unamjua late Jeneral Kazini.

wewe shapu watu wanavyosema udikteta sio kama wa akina musolin na hitler hapa tuna maana wewe kama binadamu huwezi kutawala vizazi viwili wakati katika vizazi hivi wanazaliwa watu wenye akili na vipaji tofauiti .....fuatilia mambo.

usijifunze kunyoa kwenye kichwa cha adui yako.

Huyu nae anashindwa kusoma alama za nyakati kama za mubaraki na Tunis.
Oneday ataondoka kwa aibu na kukimbilia nje ya nchi na kufia hukohuko
shame on u museven. fu....k......u

..I like Museven, he is very serious and committed..ila nadhani ni vema akasoma nyakati..najua mapinduzi hayawezi kufanikiwa kumtoa huyo ana roho saba kama PAKA

Museveni's words are reminiscent of Charles Taylor's: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If God willing, I will be back"![/FONT]

Anadhania haka Mubaraka hakuchaguliwa na wananchi wenyewe?? sio kwamba alichaguliwa zaidi ya 90%..mbona walimbadirikia?
Hata utende mema gani watu inafikia wanakuchoka,
N aukilielewa hilo basi ni bora yeye mwenyewe akawajibika
tatizo huwa wanasubiria hadi wafukuzwe madarakani..agahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
wenzake wote kwa sasa yule wa Tunisia na Misri ni wagonjwa sana and in a critical condition

..I like Museven, he is very serious and committed..ila nadhani ni vema akasoma nyakati..najua mapinduzi hayawezi kufanikiwa kumtoa huyo ana roho saba kama PAKA
Anadhania haka Mubaraka hakuchaguliwa na wananchi wenyewe?? sio kwamba alichaguliwa zaidi ya 90%..mbona walimbadirikia?
wenzake wote kwa sasa yule wa Tunisia na Misri ni wagonjwa sana and in a critical condition

wanaiba kura,hawakuwa wanachaguliwa kihalali,huyo museveni mwenyewe mwizi tu.....:rain:

Back
Top Bottom