How stupid is the World Bank?

Zygot

JF-Expert Member
Apr 14, 2016
Always I have considered the world Bank being a serious institution that is in disregard of stupid programs like Structural adjustment where they teamed with IMF to misdirect developing countries. Reading through the letter said to have been written by Zitto Kabwe, an MP for one of the constituents in this country, one gets confused, with no indications of wisdom whatsoever to have been used, judging the application of a country needing a reservation. Can the world Bank be swayed by a single person's letter? My serious questions are that can an individual MP disorient the world Bank? Is the MP well-placed to explain the good and bad plans of the country? Is the world bank aware that the same person was at the center of corruption and corrupt-oriented decisions of the parliament during the last regime?

Seriously, we need to question the thinking of the World Bank. If that is how the institution operates when handling developing countries, it deserves being a basket of money collectors. The letter presents flimsy reasons mostly, personalized political capitals, unfortunately, from an MP whose integrity is highly questionable. Who never had any experience of running any government office. He is a professional perennial politician, MP!

So, the World Bank. Are you loaning to countries where all, I mean ALL politicians feel happy with the intention? It sounds stupid!

Jibu hoja za Zitto Kabwe. You haven't justified your Lumumba paycheck for these childish arguments...Badilikeni spinning za kitoto kama hizi zinaonyesha umuhimu wa CCM kupeleka watu kwenye nchi za ukomunist kama North Korea vijana wake wajifunze nini maana ya propaganda. Hapa umefeli.

Is the world bank aware that the same person was at the center of corruption and corrupt-oriented decisions of the parliament during the last regime?
Why are you defaming Mr. Zitto Kabwe?
Do you have any Scintilla of evidence to prove the same?
Did you report him to the respective authority dealing with prevention of corruption?

I think you don't have all the facts. There are several institutions and individuals who have argued the WB to postpone decision of granting soft loan to TZ. Don't blow up Zito's role in this issues, rather than discredit him you are in-fact elevating him.

Aisee mnacheketuka sana mwisho mtajinyea sasa,
WB .. BABA LAO..💃🏽🕺🏽👯‍♀️

Why are you defaming Mr. Zitto Kabwe?
Do you have any Scintilla of evidence to prove
of the same?
Did you report him in
to the respective authority that dealing with the prevention of corruption?
Sorry! I started by correcting your poor English. Note those added and cancelled words, in red fonts.
Anyhow, it seems being stupid is another trend because many of you do it. I can prove to you that many stupid doing has been cocooned by requests for evidence. This is our community, it is not a court of law. Me seeing you stupid cannot be disapproved by a lack of evidence.

I think you don't have all the facts. There are several institutions and individuals who have argued the WB to postpone decision of granting soft loan to TZ. Don't blow up Zito's role in this issues, rather than discredit him you are in-fact elevating him.
Not based on my thinking. I referred to the letter to the World Bank.

Zygot,
It sound stupid to you because you are blind to see what your government is doing to its people, the way it is violating the law of the country it was sworn to defend. You are just looking on one issue of of the pregnant girls. But looking in crux, the ban of pregnant girls to continue with their education is a punishment. Remember those girls are the the result of rape and sexual assault when the government is punishing those sexually assaulted them or raped them. Approving the loan would deliver a “slap in the face” to women and girls, and would represent a “full-throated endorsement of this violently misogynist regime.

Earlier this week, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, which has documented the declining climate for activists under Magufuli, called for the immediate release of human rights lawyer Tito Elia Magoti and IT expert Theodory Giyani. They are being held on “spurious charges”, including leading organised crime and money laundering, the groups said.

Those not happy with what government of Magufuli put forwards their arguments that In a country where “parliament, the judiciary, the controller and auditor general and opposition parties had been neutered”, the bank had an “extra obligation” to act.

Look the way Tanzanian authorities is undermining the rights to freedom of expression and association and media freedom by enforcing new and existing repressive laws and regulations governing media, nongovernmental organizations, and political parties.
Since 2015 when Magufuli became president, the government has stepped up censorship by banning or suspending at least five newspapers for content deemed critical. These include Tanzania’s major English language daily newspaper, The Citizen, in 2019, and four others in 2017. The Zanzibar Broadcasting Commission shut down a radio station, Swahiba FM, in October 2015 because it reported on the annulment and subsequent rerun of the 2015 elections.

So you have to look all of these and the government should change and make country peacefully habitable to all Tanzanians, should allow political activities to play part to every Tanzanian

Zygot,

On the red, i suppose you don;t have sufficient evidence otherwise the guy would have been in jail.

Besides, you the die-hard of Magufuli you should realize that now we are in the information age where whatever you do today is known everywhere around the world. There have been lots of misconduct undertaken by this regime and you think no body is noticing!!, this is absolutely ridiculous! there have been several outcry by various international organizations such as Human right watch regarding human rights and constraining the freedom of expression. To say that Zitto is the only reason for holding the would be loan is highly unsubstantiated since there have been series of actions carried out by this regime (and i don't call it government) which are contrary to democratic norms, accountability and rule of law which in my opinion is the basis for WB to hold on.

Back
Top Bottom