Home of AC Milan, Official Thread

“I think I’ve been preparing for this for 9 years, doing something completely different. During this time I was trying to make up for some things that I missed: spending more time with my family, kids and even my wife and friends,” he said (via MilanNews).
“I had more time to track my kids’ progress in school and football. I enjoyed the last few years and treated it as a return to normal.
“I was preparing for my new role by cutting myself off from football to some extent. After all, I was still following Milan and football from a different perspective. Perhaps I was never properly ready to go back.
“It all happened so suddenly. I was in Miami then and Leonardo called me: ‘You must be in Milan in 10 days. We have to leave together. I want you to come back to Milan with me’.
“I won’t hide that it was easy to say “yes”. Not long before that, I had the opportunity to return to Milan and be part of the Fassone and Mirabelli project, but we had different opinions on many aspects.

Maldini reveals background on Milan return, PSG snub, the scouting process and Pioli’s role in signings

AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini has revealed some background on his return to the club and how he snubbed Paris Saint-Germain.
Before Maldini’s arrival at Milan as a director the club was owned by Yonghong Li, a man who went on to spend nearly €200million in a single summer transfer window which is easily a record for the club, but who a year later had vanished from the scene.
When Maldini’s return was confirmed and eventually his promotion to a technical director role, it became apparent he would have a different task at hand, one imposed by Elliott Management and centred around bringing costs down and building a young squad.
Speaking to DAZN, the former club captain lifted the lid on how his return came about

Maldini reveals background on Milan return, PSG snub, the scouting process and Pioli’s role in signings

AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini has revealed some background on his return to the club and how he snubbed Paris Saint-Germain.
Before Maldini’s arrival at Milan as a director the club was owned by Yonghong Li, a man who went on to spend nearly €200million in a single summer transfer window which is easily a record for the club, but who a year later had vanished from the scene.
When Maldini’s return was confirmed and eventually his promotion to a technical director role, it became apparent he would have a different task at hand, one imposed by Elliott Management and centred around bringing costs down and building a young squad.
Speaking to DAZN, the former club captain lifted the lid on how his return came about

Gazzetta: AC Milan plan double signing in 2021
Posted on December 1, 2020 by Rossonero

AC Milan are planning to bring in two new players in 2021. Maldini has chosen Ozan Kabak to strengthen the defence.
Not just contract renewals. AC Milan are ready to intensify contacts for a couple of players in the coming weeks, considered top transfer targets goals. Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara are constantly working to reinforce the squad available to Mr. Pioli. And according to La Gazzetta dello Sport the Rossoneri have already planned the first two signings of 2021. The plan is clear: a defender in January, given the immediate need for new players in that department plus a winger that may arrive at the end of the season.

The Italian newspaper writes that AC Milan have worked a lot underground for the two players. For a number of different reasons AC Milan have decided to concentrate on Ozan Kabak for the defence . The Turkey international plays for Schalke 04 and most likely will be the new signing in the defence.

The Rossoneri will try to take advantage of Schalke’s crisis, both in terms of results and economically. Mohamed Simakan was Maldini’s top pic but Strasbourg would not accept anything less than 25 million and AC Milan would like to spend no more than 15 million euros for a new defender.

Kabak could arrive immediately. While the signing of Florian Thauvin should happen at the end of the season as free agent. AC Milan will make an attempt to purchase him in January for a reasonable fee but much will depend on Marseille.

Maldini praised Thauvin in a recent interview but Marseille coach Villas-Boas was furious with his words. It wasn’t kind of Maldini but he can afford to say what he wants”. In reality, the AC Milan technical director did not make any proclamations but only confirmed that he technically has a soft spot for Thauvin.

AC Milan will offer Marseille a figure of around 5 million and, if the French club refuse, Thauvin will join the Rossoneri at the end of the season on a free transfer.

Entire AC Milan management meets to talk transfers
Posted on December 2, 2020 by Rossonero

The full AC Milan management were present at Milanello to discuss about the January transfer market.
AC Milan are entering a crucial phase of the season. With only one month to go until the January transfer window opens the Rossoneri need to make concrete steps with new signings and on contract renewal front.

For these reasons, the full club management had a crucial meeting yesterday at Milanello. Ivan Gazidis, Frederic Massara, Hendrik Almstadt, Geoffrey Moncada and Paolo Maldini attended the team’s training session and latter discussed the future moves of the club reports Sky Sport.

Hendrik Almstadt is responsible for the transfer budget and analyzing the statistics and characteristics of new possible signings. The German is also Ivan Gazidi’s right hand man at the club. Moncada is the head scout of the club.

The top priority of AC Milan is the signing of a new centre back while other issues have to be addressed too. The Rossoneri must decide whether to bring in a new striker as Ibrahimovic’s back-up or push this issue for next summer. A new midfielder could be the January surprise.

Meanwhile Stefano Pioli’s men are preparing the next Europa League match against Celtic Glasgow, after the league success with Fiorentina. After 9 rounds, Milan lead Serie A with 23 points, 5 more than second-place Inter.

Entire AC Milan management meets to talk transfers
Posted on December 2, 2020 by Rossonero

The full AC Milan management were present at Milanello to discuss about the January transfer market.
AC Milan are entering a crucial phase of the season. With only one month to go until the January transfer window opens the Rossoneri need to make concrete steps with new signings and on contract renewal front.

For these reasons, the full club management had a crucial meeting yesterday at Milanello. Ivan Gazidis, Frederic Massara, Hendrik Almstadt, Geoffrey Moncada and Paolo Maldini attended the team’s training session and latter discussed the future moves of the club reports Sky Sport.

Hendrik Almstadt is responsible for the transfer budget and analyzing the statistics and characteristics of new possible signings. The German is also Ivan Gazidi’s right hand man at the club. Moncada is the head scout of the club.

The top priority of AC Milan is the signing of a new centre back while other issues have to be addressed too. The Rossoneri must decide whether to bring in a new striker as Ibrahimovic’s back-up or push this issue for next summer. A new midfielder could be the January surprise.

Meanwhile Stefano Pioli’s men are preparing the next Europa League match against Celtic Glasgow, after the league success with Fiorentina. After 9 rounds, Milan lead Serie A with 23 points, 5 more than second-place Inter.

E1BE1176-5F09-42D4-9FC8-5DF6F6FFEDBB.jpeg

Dalot: 'Everyone helping me at Milan'

Football Italia

30 Minutes Ago

Manchester United loanee Diogo Dalot has claimed he is happy at Milan: ‘Everyone is helping me.’
The Portuguese full-back joined the Rossoneri in a dry loan from Manchester United last summer.
“For me these have been a few mantastic months in terms of adaptation. Italy is similar to Portugal in terms of people, food and so on, so far it’s being perfect,” Dalot said at a press conference.

"The whole team is helping me a lot. I want to train and play. I try to adapt as quickly as possible. The whole club is helping me a lot, they are all great with me.
"Since I have been here, I have seen differences between Italy and England,” the 21-year-old continued.
“The coach is helping us a lot, he wants to teach us many things. There is a great relationship with him.”
The Rossoneri host Celtic in Europa League tomorrow.
“It’s a tough competition, we’ve been doing very well, we had some difficult games so far but we are doing fantastically since the beginning.
“We know Celtic have good history in European competition, we know it’s going to be a tough match against a very good team, they’d want to overcome a difficult moment, they are motivated, we have to be prepared for that. The game is the only thing we must be focused on.
"We have a great team, we want to get to the top, but we have to work hard. With this mentality we can achieve our goals."

Inter offered €250M to sign Leo Messi back in 2006 as confirmed by Barca’s former President❗️

“We rejected a €250 million offer coming from Inter in 2006, Massimo Moratti wanted to bring him to his club”

- Joan Laporta, Barcelona’a former President

Luca Marchegiani: "Donnarumma is a goalkeeper who has incredible qualities and superior reaction. The way he positioned himself to block Ribery's lobbed ball was a modern way of blocking, it was more of a South American style, maybe Dida taught him that."

Beppe Bergomi ( Inter Legend) spoke to Sky: "AC Milan is the best team. Simon Kjaer is a phenomenon, no one passes him. In the goal there is Donnarumma, he's the best. Ibrahimovic makes everyone around him grow. Milan deserves being at the top."

Calhanoglu and his agent evaluate the possibility of lowering their initial demands of €6M in order to reach an agreement with AC Milan for the contract renewal.
In 15-20 days, Hakan's entourage will be in Italy for a meeting with Massara and Maldini.

[Daniele Longo]

Breaking: AC #Milan announces that coach Stefano #Pioli and his deputy Giacomo Murelli tested negative for the swab carried out yesterday. Pioli and Murelli will direct the training today and tomorrow evening they will be regularly on the bench in the Europa League match Milan-Celtic Glasgow. [Antonio Vitiello]

CD585845-C4B3-4E85-8FBB-F96F6FE4F97C.jpeg
Since his Serie A debut in the 2015/16 season, Gianluigi Donnarumma has kept 61 clean sheets in the Serie A, at least 14 more than any other Italian goalkeeper in the competition. 🧤 @opta_paolo

❤️ 🖤 .
#ACMILAN #FORZAMILAN #ROSSONERI #MILAN #football #seriea #serieatim #messi #ronaldo #zlatanibrahimovic #maldini #weareacmilan #calcio #calciomercato #curvasud.
#acmilan1899 #milanfans #acmilanfans #soccer #fifa #italy #meme #acmilannews #acm #girl
#milanfans #acm #theohernandez #ibr #ibrahimovic #milan #Donnarumma

Back
Top Bottom