Home of AC Milan, Official Thread

New Verona signing Fabio Borini says Milan used him to plug gaps in their starting XI. “I played in seven different positions.”
Borini left the Rossoneri after two and a half seasons at San siro to join Ivan Juric’s side this month.
Borini scored on his debut in the 1-1 draw against Bologna, and says he wasn't utilised properly during his stay in Milan.

“There is a willingness on my part to play in various roles. At Milan I played in seven different positions out of 11 with the same mentality,” Borini said in a press conference.
“My characteristics are the same at Verona as they were at Milan. I want to win every game.”

Asked why things didn’t work out for the former Chelsea and Sunderland forward at Milan, Borini believes there was a breakdown in communication.

“At Milan there are many things that go and others that don’t go. Before leaving I spoke with [Frederic] Massara and we agreed that playing in different positions wasn’t a positive thing for me.
“At Milan maybe there were different rhythms.”

There’s great anticipation in Brescia for the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Milan.
@Gazzetta_it reports, there will be 19,500 spectators at the Rigamonti stadium, more than there was for Juve and Inter.
It will be the first sold-out of the season.
The Ibra effect...🔴⚫️

Premier League side Spurs have set their sights on AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu for the post-Eriksen era, a report claims.

Calhanoglu has started almost every game for the Rossoneri since the arrival of head coach Stefano Pioli in October, however his future at the club appears to be far from certain despite this.

SportMediaset reported earlier in the week that Calhanoglu’s agent Bektas Demirtas is working to find a new team for his client and has apparently even offered his services to Arsenal.

However, according to Turkish newspaper Aksam (via FCInterNews.it), Jose Mourinho’s side Spurs have set their sights on the former Bayer Leverkusen man.

The report claims that Milan would be willing to sell if an acceptable offer – around the €20m mark – were to arrive in the last few days of the window.

The idea behind signing Calhanoglu would be to replace Christian Eriksen, who may not yet leave between now and the end of the month despite strong links with a move to Inter.

About a week until the market closes, Milan is experiencing a stalemate. Failure to sell Lucas Paqueta, Krzysztof Piatek and Suso is effectively blocking the incoming market.

Although yesterday the movement around Casa Milan was high, with many agents visiting Boban and Maldini; the Rossoneri at this moment do not seem to want to sink the blow on any front. The market is being blocked by non-sales.

Milan are looking to generate revenue to surpass the almost decisive lunge by Leipzig for Dani Olmo. As anticipated by SempreMilan.com, to date, from the parts of Croatia, an official offer from Milan has never arrived.

The player meanwhile – coveted by half of Europe – could soon fly to the Bundesliga, with Leipzig having made an offer of around €35m including bonuses and commissions. This is a figure which Dinamo should accept.

No update also on the Cengiz Under front, with Roma focused on other objectives at the moment and therefore does not yet evaluate Suso as a possible purchase.

Yesterday’s visit by Edoardo Uram, Lucas Paqueta’s agent, served for a brief update on the condition of the player, who after the match against Udinese was in the clinic for a tachycardia due to anxiety and stress: the result of a moment where he is not at his best on a personal level, between the field and private life. For the moment Paqueta remains at Milan.

Milan are also awaiting signals from Turkey, where Fenerbahce should unlock the purchase of Ricardo Rodriguez in the next few hours.

AC Milan held talks on Wednesday over the possibility over a sensational swap deal with Udinese involving Krzysztof Piatek, a report claims.

The agent of Angel Correa and Rodrigo De Paul – Augustin Jimenez – arrived at Casa Milan on Wednesday afternoon for a meeting with the Rossoneri.

The aforementioned Argentine duo were heavily linked with Milan throughout the summer, Correa in particular being part of a seemingly never-ending transfer saga.

It was then reported by Calciomercato.com last night that Milan have a concrete interest in De Paul and are ready to rival Inter for the €35m-rated midfielder.

According to Thursday’s edition of La Repubblica – as cited by MilanNews.it – Jimenez offered De Paul to the Rossoneri during the meeting.

In fact, the paper claims that there was even talk of a possible swap deal with Udinese for the Argentina international which would see out-of-favour striker Krzysztof Piatek go the other way.

The Athletic claimed that Piatek is attracting interest from a number of clubs in England, including the likes of Manchester United, Spurs, Aston Villa, Newcastle and West Ham United.

*Nocerino retires to become a coach*

Antonio Nocerino has decided to retire as a player to become a coach and the 34-year-old after being without a club since his spell at Benevento.
The former Juventus, Genoa, Crotone, Palermo, Milan, Torino and Parma player leaves football after 247 games in Serie A, scoring 21 times and making 15 assists.
He was capped 15 times for Italy and has left a message on Instagram to bid farewell to his “only friend”.

“The time has come to say goodbye to my great and only friend, football,” he wrote on social media. “A painful but thoughtful decision, my satisfaction is that I have fulfilled my father’s dream, which then became mine.
“I want to thank my parents and sisters, who with their sacrifice and love, helped me become who I am. My wife - my rock - and my children whom I love the most in my life.
“Thanks to the clubs where I played, the coaches I’ve had, the teammates from whom I learned a lot and the fans for their support and their love has always helped me give a little bit extra.
“I have decided to face a new challenge in life, to become a coach. A beautiful, new, difficult challenge that will bring me the same spirit, passion, love and professionalism that I had as a player.

There has been speculation regarding a possible swap deal between Juventus and AC Milan involving Lucas Paqueta, according to a report.

Sky Italia reported on Thursday that Lucas Paqueta has asked to be left out of the squad for the trip to Brescia on Friday amid rumours that he is suffering with life away from the pitch.

Now, Luca Marchetti of Sky, it will be necessary to see whether the Brazilian could be involved in any market operation in the last few days of the winter window.

Having started six consecutive games on the bench, the 22-year-old had tests carried out for a mild anxiety attack on Sunday after the win against Juventus.

Paqueta was purchased a year ago from Flamengo for €35million when Leonardo was Milan’s sporting director. Now he holds the same role at PSG, and the Ligue 1 giants have an interest in bringing him to the French capital.

Interestingly, there were rumours regarding the of a Paquetá-Bernardeschi swap deal with Juventus but that has been denied by both clubs due to a difference in the valuations of the players and the Juve playmaker’s €4m salary.

Krzysztof Piatek’s father confirms “he wants to be a regular starter.
If he can’t do that at Milan, then he’ll gladly do it elsewhere.”

There were reports of offers from Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico
Madrid, but only on loan, whereas the Rossoneri are only prepared to
sell on a permanent basis for €30-35m.

“Kris wants to reach Euro 2020 in good shape and that means he
can’t be a reserve sitting on the bench, but wants to be a regular
starter,” father Wladyslaw Piatek told Polish paper Sportowefakty.

“If he can’t do that at Milan, then he’ll gladly do it elsewhere. He is
on the transfer market in January, just like Lucas Paqueta, Suso and
Hakan Calhanoglu.

“Many clubs are asking to take him on loan, but Milan want to sell
straight away to recover the money they paid Genoa a year ago and
reinvest immediately in new players.
“It’ll all go down to the final week of the transfer window, when his
future will be decided.”
Piatek has dropped to the bench since Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s arrival
and the move to a 4-4-2 system.

The Poland international had struggled anyway this season, scoring
just five goals.

Some AC Milan fans have taken to social media to voice their desire to re-sign midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, currently on loan at Monaco from Chelsea.

Bakayoko was loaned to the Rossoneri by Chelsea during the summer window of 2018 having been frozen out of Maurizio Sarri’s plans.

The Frenchman had a difficult start to life at the club he managed to become one of the first names on the team sheet under head coach Gennaro Gattuso, forming an effective midfield trio with Franck Kessie and Lucas Paqueta.

Milan had an option to sign him permanently for €35million however they chose not to exercise that, likely due to Gattuso’s resignation as manager, though there have been rumours about potential interest in a reunion from both sides.

In the end, Bakayoko returned to Monaco on a loan deal during the summer, but in a video interview with Canal+ he revealed that he prefers Milan to Chelsea , causing Milan fans to go into somewhat of a meltdown

Lucas Paqueta is trying to force a move away from AC Milan and a swap deal with Paris Saint-Germain could be a solution, a report claims.

It was confirmed on Thursday that the Brazil international would not be called up by head coach Stefano Pioli for Friday’s trip to face Brescia.

Sky Italia reported that Paqueta has asked to be left out of the squad, while they also confirmed the 22-year-old had tests carried out for a mild anxiety attack on Sunday after the win against Udinese.

According to Tuttosport – as cited by
MilanNews.it – yesterday’s request by Paqueta not to be called up is a move by the player to force Milan to sell him.

The former Flamengo star wants to reunite with Leonardo at PSG, but the Rossoneri do not consider the €20million offered by the French side to be sufficient and are asking for for €10m more.

The solution could be an exchange involving some midfielders which have not been used extensively this season, such as Leandro Paredes, Ander Herrera or Julian Draxler.

What the hell is Antonio Conte up to, after signing Lukaku, Sanchez, young, Victor Moses and now he's with Eriksen.

Asee wavaa majezi mitaani kuweni makini msije naswa na maskauti wa Inter Milan

👉 Unbeaten in 2020.
👉 3 league wins in a row.
👉 4 total wins in a row.
👉 4th clean sheet in 2020.
👉 Gigio most clean sheets in the league now. (8)

Fantastic 😎👏

What the hell is Antonio Conte up to, after signing Lukaku, Sanchez, young, Victor Moses and now he's with Eriksen.

Asee wavaa majezi mitaani kuweni makini msije naswa na maskauti wa Inter Milan
😂🤣🤣😂😂 inter merda

Stefano Pioli confessed Milan have improved in their attitude, but it was “not a good performance” against Brescia, while Lucas Paqueta “told me he wasn’t focused.”
Ante Rebic came off the bench yet again to make the difference, as his third goal in four games secured a 1-0 victory at the Stadio Rigamonti.

It’s the first time all season that Milan have won four in a row between Serie A and the Coppa Italia.

“This was not a great Milan. We can play much better, show more quality, but we do know how to hang in there now and believe the moment will come eventually, which it often does now,” the coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think we need to improve. The last few results are satisfying, this is the right determination and attitude, but we have to do better on a technical and tactical level if we want to aim higher.

“We are a completely different team from when we started. We changed a few tactics, positions on the pitch, but also the desire to play the game and suffer in difficult moments. We realised tonight how tough Serie A really is, because Brescia caused us problems and created scoring opportunities.

“We made too many mistakes, especially in our passing and when trying to play out from defence, and that made it even tougher for us.”
Is it a coincidence that the upturn in fortunes came at the same time as Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined?

“Ibra is certainly an added value to the team, he brings quality, determination and character, but the whole team has come together to recover after the really traumatic defeat to Atalanta.”

Pioli was asked about Paqueta’s request not to be part of the squad coming to Brescia, amid transfer speculation.
“Lucas is going through a tough time. Obviously, I’d have preferred for him to come with us, as until yesterday he didn’t say anything. He told me that he wasn’t focused and relaxed, so I had to accept it was better for him to stay home rather than be a passive presence.”

Gianluigi Donnarumma said Milan “know how to suffer” now and have become more solid in defence after a 1-0 win at Brescia.
Ante Rebic scored the only goal off the bench, but Donnarumma was kept busy with a series of difficult saves at the Stadio Rigamonti.
“It’s a Milan that knows how to suffer. We knew it would not be easy here and we had to all hang on under pressure, so we are really happy,” the goalkeeper told Sky Sport Italia.

“Our objective is to qualify for Europe. We must continue like this and not rest for a moment. There’s another big Coppa Italia game coming up with Torino on Tuesday and we want to reach the semi-finals.

“We’ll take it one game at a time and try to keep this momentum going.”
Milan have kept six clean sheets in their last nine competitive matches.

“We are more solid at the back and work very hard in training to make that happen. We’re all feeling more confident back there.”

Lucas Paqueta’s agent and his father have flown in to be with the Milan midfielder, but insist “he is not suffering from depression and won’t return to Brazil.”

The 23-year-old was not in the squad for this evening’s Serie A game against Brescia, reportedly because he asked coach Stefano Pioli to be left out.

There were even suggestions in La Gazzetta dello Sport that Paqueta had a panic attack after last week’s win over Udinese and visited a clinic for evaluation.

This evening, there are reports his father and agent flew in, with representative Eduardo Uram speaking to Brazilian site Lancenet.
“We are in Italy with Lucas and he is not suffering from depression, nor does he have any reason to be depressed. He is accompanied by his family, has support from everyone.”

There was a story in UOL Esporte today claiming Milan could even pay a portion of Paqueta’s salary during a six-month loan to a Brazilian club.
“A return to Brazil is completely out of the question,” insisted agent Uram.

Agent Mino Raiola is in Italy and discussed why Juventus
“should dream” of a Paul Pogba return, Gianluigi
Donnarumma’s future and suggesting “Milan find a new buyer
quickly.”

The representative was in the stands of the Stadio Rigamonti
to watch Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Milan beat Brescia 1-0 this
evening and spoke to reporters on the way out.
“Ibrahimovic is trying to do the best for his team. I hope that
his career never ends, but if it does, then it’s right to do so in
one of the biggest clubs in Europe,” said Raiola.

“There were many alternatives on the table, but if he chose
Milan, then he made the right decision. Having said that, I
don’t like this Milan project, because I don’t think this is the
squad Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban are dreaming of.

“I’ve never spoken to Ivan Gazidis or anyone else, but if this is
the Milan they want, then I suggest they find a buyer for this
club as soon as possible.”
Raiola also represents Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi
Donnarumma and was asked if Juventus are still interested.

“If they didn’t like Donnarumma, it would mean they didn’t
know anything about football. I got threatened and insulted by
Milan fans just because I said something was going to happen
and then it did. Let’s go forward for another two years, I don’t
want to create any more controversy.”
However, Raiola was a little more lenient when it came to
another client, Manchester United want-away midfielder
Pogba.

Should Juventus fans dream of a return?
“Juve fans should dream, because if you do not dream, then
you are dead. I do not work in dreams, but in the real world,
so have to make the right choices for my clients.

“This is not the right moment to say what Paul’s future will
be.”

After the game against Brescia, AC Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer was interviewed by MilanTV ( MilanNews.it ). Having won four consecutive games in all competitions, the Algerian pinpointed one reason behind the success.

The Rossoneri claimed all three points last night and they have Gigio Donnarumma to thank for it. The goalkeeper’s fantastic performance kept his side in the game on numerous occasions, paving the way for Ante Rebic’s winner (once again).

Bennacer – along with Franck Kessie – controlled the midfield quite well throughout the game, especially in the second half. When asked about the recipe behind their recent success, the former Empoli man broke it down to one factor.

“Now we are winning, this changes a lot. We are together until the final whistle as you have seen in these last games. This makes the difference. Personally, every game I must be even hungrier, I have a lot to learn.

“Kessie? Franck does a lot for the team, we help each other. It’s hard because we do a lot and try to be compact. I think we do well, today we didn’t concede and we won, it’s the most important thing,” he began.

On Tuesday evening, Milan will take on Torino in the Coppa Italia quarter-finals. As Bennacer stated, it’s a very important game for their season, meaning they must continue on the same path. Hopefully, they can secure their fifth consecutive win in all comps.

“We must continue and be even more hungry. We have to take all the positive things from these games and we have to do even better because Tuesday is a very, very important game,” he concluded.

Suso's time at AC Milan has seemingly come to an end. According to Mundo Deportivo, Sevilla's sporting director Monchi is keen on signing the Spanish winger, who wants to return to Spain after six years in Italy.

Suso, as the report continues, is well-known to Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui, who called up the Milan man to the Spanish national team. Furthermore, the player has already reached an agreement on the personal terms with the club.

Therefore, negotiations are underway between the two clubs. The Rossoneri initially demanded a permanent transfer of around €30m, but have opened up to a different formula in recent days: a loan with an obligation to buy.

The parties are in advanced talks, per the report, and the chances of finding an agreement in the end are very good. In other words, it looks like Suso's spell at the San Siro is about to come to an end.

Milan are in contacts with the agent of Benfica midfielder Florentino Luis but still have to formulate an offer. The Rossoneri want him on loan with option to buy. Benfica would accept this deal formula with the inclusion of a high buyout fee [@DiMarzio] Milan Eye on Twitter

Back
Top Bottom