Girl kills father after they disagree over TV

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Girl kills father after they disagree over TV

nh080908_01.jpg

Nairobi's Kibera residents watch from a distance following the killing of Mr Albert Kipkoech Kosio allegedly by his step-daughter. PHOTOS: tom maruko

Updated 2 hr(s) 53 min(s) ago

By Cyrus Ombati

A girl's rage turned tragic when she defied her father and killed him following a row over a TV programme.

In the incident in Nairobi's Kibera slums, the father's love of football cost him his life when his stepdaughter, a 17-year-old Form Three student, allegedly stabbed him three times in the chest before she escaped.

Mr Albert Kipkoech Kosio, the father of five, wanted to watch the football match between Harambee Stars and Brave Warriors of Namibia while the teenager wanted to watch a movie in their one room house.

Left for dead

According to neighbours, the two picked a quarrel before the girl allegedly stabbed Kosio, leaving him for dead. Kosio was until his death a security officer at the Norfolk Hotel in Nairobi. The girl is a secondary school student in Kitengela.

Kosio had arrived home on Saturday at about 4pm and tuned to KTN that was airing the match live from the Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani.

The girl's younger brother, Titus, said his sister walked in minutes later and demanded that she loads on a DVD that she had borrowed to watch a movie. But the 42-year-old man told her off and instead demanded to know why she had not gone to school.

"They picked a quarrel that lasted up to the end of the first half of the match when the father decided to leave the house," said a neighbour.

Mother just watched

As Kosio stepped out, the girl is said to have uttered remarks about him that caused him to go back. A confrontation ensued and was stabbed three times in the chest and hand.

All along, the girl's mother is said to have watched the confrontation helplessly. Kosio had lived with the girl's mother for the last 11 years although he was not her biological father. He was also married to a second woman with whom they had one child.

Neighbours say he and the girl did not get along well for a long time. Titus said he had left the house when his father called him and asked him to return and help him.

"I found him seated on the sofa bleeding. I requested for help from the neighbours. He died as we rushed him to hospital," said a tearful Titus.

Police arrived at the house hours after the incident was reported and went with the killer weapon and some of the clothes Kosio wore. Kilimani acting OCPD Samuel Mukindia said they were looking for the girl to record a statement.

"It seems to be murder, but we are still looking for the girl to hear from her. The mother was arrested and later released after recording a statement," Mr Mukindia told The Standard.

http://www.eastandard.net/InsidePage.php?id=1143994408&cid=4&

Strange!

Napata picha kwamba huyu jamaa hakuwa na mapenzi ya dhati kwa huyu mwanamke. Na pengine alikuwa ana wa-abuse. I can't help asking myself, how can your wife be this cold.

Huyu mtoto bila shaka alimvutia bangi dingi yake.

Strange!

Napata picha kwamba huyu jamaa hakuwa na mapenzi ya dhati kwa huyu mwanamke. Na pengine alikuwa ana wa-abuse. I can't help asking myself, how can your wife be this cold.

Huyu mtoto bila shaka alimvutia bangi dingi yake.

It seems like that was the case na pia lack of judgment
by the girl kuhusu consequences of her action....too late!

Hii inaonyesha Wanadamu tusivyokuwa na hofu dhidi ya Mungu Muumba wa Mbingu na Nchi.
Yaani Binti anajaribu kufanya hili kwa Mzazi wake?

Mungu tusaidie Wanadamu. Amen

Duh ....Hii habari nzito....yaani Sinema imemfanya amuue babake .....hata kama ni wa kambo........inasikitisha mno....

Hii roho ya uuaji inabidi ikemewe huko Kenya. tuwaombee wenzetu jamani.

Now Mwana wa Mungu yoiu have very cheap thoughts. So those bizare killings including putting dogs to sleep with innocent Tanzanians is Kenyan? You have a very very cheap view of the world ndugu. Mauwaji ni popote including and not even remotely exclusive to USA, Tanzania, Chile, Japan and wherever. Have a wider perspective ndugu

Now Mwana wa Mungu yoiu have very cheap thoughts. So those bizare killings including putting dogs to sleep with innocent Tanzanians is Kenyan? You have a very very cheap view of the world ndugu. Mauwaji ni popote including and not even remotely exclusive to USA, Tanzania, Chile, Japan and wherever. Have a wider perspective ndugu

I always accept challenges and corrections. Thank you Sir.

mimi nadhani shetani akishasimama nguvu za Mungu tu ndizo zinaweza kutuokoa .. watoto wadogo kuua si ajabu tumeona na kesi ya Rama alivyotembea na kichwa cha mtoto wa watu yani binadaamu mwenzio.

Tukubaliane jamani kwamba hii ni kazi ya shetani

Mungu atulinde yasije yakatokea majumbani mwetu maana .. its not far from us

Hii ni habari ya kusikitisha tatizo kubwa ni umassikini naipa pole familia

Hivi 17 years old anawezaje kumchoma Babake kisu - tena three times?? Obviously there was another power behind her - that is demonic power - Jamani wazazi tuwe karibu na watoto wetu - tuwafundishe maadili - mara nyingi ukatili unakuja pale ambapo hakuna upendo - na mtoto anapofanyiwa ukatili toka mdogo unajengeka moyoni na in the long run unajitokeza - HAKUNA AMANI KWA WABAYA na WABAYA WAMEFANANA NA MAJI YA BAHARI YALIYOCHAFUKA.

Back
Top Bottom