Excellent Service in Bad Economy More Important than in Good Economy

kimatire

JF-Expert Member
Nov 27, 2008
When we are in a thriving economy, everyone is busy and there is usually plenty of business for everyone. Those businesses that give less than stellar service are many times forgiven or accepted because the customer knows they have choices and they are choosing to overlook the way they are treated in lieu of other factors such as price, convenience, location, etc.

However, in a bad or slow economy like ours, the customer is less forgiving when it comes to customer service. They know they still have choices but they have chosen YOU; therefore, the expectations of how they want to be treated are high. This is the time your business must work hard to create Wow's and build relationships that will result in emotional connections to your organization. Excellent service provides the value-added ingredient that will keep these customers attached to you no matter what kind of economy we are in.

I like your comment!

U seem to be an expert in Economical matters, majoring in marketing!
CRDB-Benki Inayomsikiliza mteja...i always consider this motto of our friends siarabibii as a mere way to attract people, but as you approach them for an inquiry, you may get flat disappointed!

We dont have this culture of building a permanent business relationship with our customers, and the situation gets worse in downsteaming economical situation!

Once we receive the coins or whatever in exchange, we become totally overjoyed, forgeting all the responsibility of mantaining the customer for the tomorrows!

After-sales-services is one of the prominent ways to capture the customers forever, but most such services do cease in bad economical weather!

Only if we knew and understood the comment you have outlined!

I agree...price! price! price! Especially in transportation. I know many carrier people who supported total deregulation, now regret that.

The primary problem is that carriers no longer deal with 'transportation' people, but usually purchasing/procurment. They, purchasing/procurement, do not understand there are other ways to save money besides price and in my opinion, have a much greater impact on the bottom line. But people do what is in their best interest, so if "savings' is what they are measured on, that is what they provide...or should I say report.

I always viewed carriers as a partner, not as a competition.

Yes I do agree with the threat
However, Iam highly disappointed with poor services from Banks especially Exim bank. I will give you full details of my disappointments na jinsi pesa zako zisipokuwa salama zikiwa katika bank hiyo

Service must be provided through good and bad times and will have its effects on the client. However price changes in good and bad times and a provider of transportation services must be able to adjust to the situation as it relates to their operation. They must know their cost and make necessary adjustments, make smart investments during the down times, and Be willing to WALK AWAY from a customer that is unreasonable.
If they have been a solid cost knowledgeable company all along - I believe they will survive and be in better shape after this economic situation passes.