English learning thread

Sir Tokyo40 I have get something new every times, so don't give up to remind me when I am in wrong opposite. I promise you to review again the 12 tenses as your advice.

Last few days back I asked you about the different between "I have... and I have to.... " I tried to compare and differentiate they as you been explained but I got nothing. If you see I ask the something which not new it means I don't know in Swahili or your explanation was too complex to me. Let me explain you in swahili...

* I have say you are a good teacher(Ninasema wewe ni mwalimu mwema)

* I have to say you are a good teacher(Imenibidi niseme wewe ni mwalimu mwema)

Mkuu Tokyo40 nilitaka kujua tafsiri nyingine ya "I have to .. " ukiacha hiyo ya inabidi.

Don't be bored, Sir, there is no ignorant who learns simply.

I will do my best to help you improve your English proficiency in any way I can. I don't mind at all.

One advice, try not to learn by direct translation from Swahili to English. These languages have different roots and you will be lost. Try to learn it naturally, by learning the grammar. Forget Swahili. That is why you can't understand "I have" and " I have to".

Nasema kuwa wewe ni mwalimu mzuri sana.

I'm SAYING (that) you are a good teacher.

(I SAY sio sahihi). Najua unataka kusema NASEMA.

Unaweza kusema :

I must say - Lazima niseme

I have to say - inabidi niseme

"I HAVE say" si sahihi ila unaweza kutumia " I say" peke yake au " I have to say" lakini sio " I have say".

Kwa kweli/ Inabidi niseme/ kusema kweli wewe ni mwalimu mzuri sana.

I have to say (that) you are a good teacher.

Tafsiri yangu ya Kiswahili sio neno kwa neno, inategemea mazungumzo yalianza vipi na mnaongelea nini. Ukijaribu kutafsiri neno kwa neno utapotea.

Ukitaka kutumia " I SAY" tumia hivi:

I say, let's go for it. It's a good idea.
Nasema, Tufanye (hiyo kazi). Wazo zuri.

I say, you shouldn't buy that house. It's too expensive.

Nasema, usinunue ile nyumba. Ni ghali mno.

I say, we take a break. It's lunch time.
Nasema, tupumzike. Ni muda wa kula ( chakula cha mchana).

" I say" katika mifano yote hapa ni kama "nimeamua Mimi kuwa" au " kutokana na maamuzi yangu".

I have to admit that John is better in tennis than me.

Inabidi nikubali kuwa John ni mchezaji bora wa tennis kuliko mimi.

I am saying that John is a better player than me.

Nasema kuwa John ni mchezaji bora wa tennis kuliko mimi.

I hope these examples helped you to understand better.

Hi people,am very happy to see this thread today,now am going to improve in english speaking,i have been passing through and i am appreciating with this community,thank in advance

I will do my best to help you improve your English proficiency in any way I can. I don't mind at all.

One advice, try not to learn by direct translation from Swahili to English. These languages have different roots and you will be lost. Try to learn it naturally, by learning the grammar. Forget Swahili. That is why you can't understand "I have" and " I have to".

Nasema kuwa wewe ni mwalimu mzuri sana.

I'm SAYING (that) you are a good teacher.

(I SAY sio sahihi). Najua unataka kusema NASEMA.

Unaweza kusema :

I must say - Lazima niseme

I have to say - inabidi niseme

"I HAVE say" si sahihi ila unaweza kutumia " I say" peke yake au " I have to say" lakini sio " I have say".

Kwa kweli/ Inabidi niseme/ kusema kweli wewe ni mwalimu mzuri sana.

I have to say (that) you are a good teacher.

Tafsiri yangu ya Kuswahili sio neno kwa neno, inategemea mazungumzo yalianza vipi na mnaongelea nini. Ukijaribu kutafsiri neno kwa neno utapotea.

Ukitaka kutumia " I SAY" tumia hivi:

I say, let's go for it. It's a good idea.
Nasema, Tufanye (hiyo kazi). Wazo zuri.

I say, you shouldn't buy that house. It's too expensive.

Nasema, usinunue ile nyumba. Ni ghali mno.

I say, we take a break. It's lunch time.
Nasema, tupumzike. Ni muda wa kula ( chakula cha mchana).

" I say" katika mifano yote hapa ni kama "nimeamua Mimi kuwa" au " kutokana na maamuzi yangu".

I have to admit that John is better in tennis than me.

Inabidi nikubali kuwa John ni mchezaji bora wa tennis kuliko mimi.

I am saying that John is a better player than me.

Nasema kuwa John ni mchezaji bora wa tennis kuliko mimi.

I hope these examples helped you to understand better.
Exactly sir, I have got new knowledge, thank you

Hi people,am very happy to see this thread today,now am going to improve in english speaking,i have been passing through and i am appreciating with this community,thank in advance
You are welcome in, again and again.

hello. i have enjoyed when i see this post because myself am not know English language well.and i take this as a part of learn.please make any correction

hello. i have enjoyed when i see this post because myself am not know English language well.and i take this as a part of learning.please i make any mistake i invite to make correction

Hello. Iam happy to see this post. Iam also not conversant with English language. I take this as part of learning, please if I will make any mistake, do not hesitate to correct me.

thank you for correction that you have done on my post i have learn something new i promise to keep on practice to speak on majority

am happy to join with you all in this thread of learning english. Its my hope that i shall cooperate with all of you.

I always want to talk to the people who speak English all time becouse i real need to learn who to speak this language correct, and i never thought here in jamii form there are special tread for learn English

Thanks to mama wawili for this educative tread, i will make sure i will pass to this tread every time i log in and write 2 or 3 sentences .
(Please correct me)

I always want to talk to the people who speak English all time becouse i real need to learn who to speak this language correct, and i never thought here in jamii form there are special tread for learn English

Thanks to mama wawili for this educative tread, i will make sure i will pass to this tread every time i log in and write 2 or 3 sentences .
(Please correct me)

Welcome Polyxic.

I hope you will find this thread useful. Many people have contributed in order to help others to learn or improve their English proficiency.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask.

Now, I will try to correct your post to the best of my ability:

I have always wanted to practice speaking/learning English with others because I really need to learn and improve my English proficiency.

I never thought Jamii Forum had a thread specifically for learners of English.

Thank you Mama Wawili for this educative thread. I will make sure to pass here every time I log in so that I can practice by posting a sentence or two in English.

(Please correct me)
@plyxic welcome, one of our fellow, directed us to use short sentences. Doing that will helps to avoid some of grammatical mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom